• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sci-Fi 11/22

puddleduck

DIS Veteran
We ate there 2 days ago. I was really worried due to the mixed reviews. It is now on our must do list for every trip. We had a party of 13 and everyone found something that they enjoyed. My 3 boys (6, 4 & 3) loved watching the movie clips, of course they had seen most of the movies in their entirety due to my dh's love of old sci-fi. My 12 and 14 yo nephews kept their eyes glued to the screen. My 22-month neice kept trying to offer her food to some of the characters on the screen. It was so quiet in there. I found it to be a nice quiet break from the park in the middle of the day. Our server, (I wish I could remember his name) was wonderful. My boys didn't want the soup or salad as an entree so he let them have the fruit with no problem. My 2 youngest ordered the entrees that allowed them to have the ice cream for desssert and my oldest ordered the plate that had the yogurt for dessert. Our waiter was actually the one to suggest that he get the ice cream instead of the yogurt. So, they do offer some flexibility in the kids menu.

What we ordered:
Me: spinach and artichoke dip, hamburger with swiss, mushrooms and onions, french fries and chocolate milkshake
DH: onion rings, hamburger with cheddar and onions, fries and ice cream sundae
ds6: fruit, grilled chicken w/veggies, child's sundae
ds4 & 3: fruit, cheeseburger & fries, child's sundae
nephews 12&14: onion rings, cheeseburgers, sundaes
dsis: onion rings, cheeseburger, milkshake
bil: chili, ribs, sundae
dbrother: cheeseburger and cheesecake
dsil: onion rings, turkey sandwich, sundae (niece shared w/ her)
dmom: onion rings, ribs, sundae

I loved the dip. It had parmesan cheese melted on the top and was served with tortilla chips. It had a mild flavor and was really good. The cheeseburger was to die for. It had and grilled flavor and was thick and cooked the was I ordered it. It was perfect for someone in the mood for a burger and fries. The milkshake was thick and chocolately. My dh enjoyed his onion rings and through an amazing feat ate his entire hamburger. The sundae was huge and he enjoyed every bite. I thought we were going to have to roll him out. My ds6 ate all of his chicken. It was grilled chicken and was served heated. For some reason, I was under the impression that it would be served chilled, but it was heated. He ate it all, but did not eat much of the veggies. My other 2 ordered cheeseburgers and they were large to be kids meal burgers. I really should have ordered one plate for them to split. My mom got the ribs and said they were great. My sil said the sandwich was good. This was the one restaraunt that everyone agreed was really good and where my nephews ate what they ordered. This is definitely one to do again.

Thanks for the review. We're eating at Sci-Fi for the 1st time next trip. I've read that lunch is better than dinner. Did your family go there for lunch?

It was a very late lunch. We were seated at 2:50 and did not need to eat dinner that night. We all just got snacks at the fantasmic show and we were all fine.

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater is part of our last day ritual. We always have lunch there before leaving for the airport.

1000th happy haunt,
We do the same thing except that we leave to universal and then go home.=0) We love sci-fi we always eat there everytime we go. The ambience is nice and when its a really hot day, its a really good way of cooling off. :)

Thank you so much for the review! We are eating at Sci-fi on 12/10 and I have felt really nervous about it. You made me feel much better!

puddleduck said:
It was a very late lunch. We were seated at 2:50 and did not need to eat dinner that night. We all just got snacks at the fantasmic show and we were all fine.

That's our plan, too - late lunch & snacks at Fantasmic. We did the dinner package on our last trip, and while it was a nice meal, we decided that next time we'll just get to Fantasmic early and have a couple beers while we wait! Sci-fi does sound like a fun place for lunch, though.

Thanks for your review on the Sci-Fi. We have an ADR made already for our February trip. It's great to hear a positive review instead of a negative one. Even though many are not happy with their meal I like the theming of it and I think our 8 year old son will really enjoy it. Again, thanks for the review and I can't wait until February.

I was so nervous because of the mixed reviews, but my dh is still talking about neat it was to eat there. I have orders to put it on our must do list for each trip. My boys loved it and my nephews (12 &14 yo). It was the one restaurant that everyone in our group of 13 agreed was really good. The burgers and onion rings are really good. My mom loved the ribs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter