Sci Fi Dine In

akline

Mouseketeer
I am caught in a big dilemma. I'm planning the dining for our WDW trip in June, and for Disney-MGM, I'm struggling with identifying a restaurant. I would like the Hollywood Brown Derby, and, I know the Sci Fi Dine In would be more fun for our girls. However, the last few times we've eaten at Sci Fi .. the food has been absolutely horrible. Does anyone know if it's improved any? What's good to order? Thanks ...

Wow that's surprising! Our family thinks they have some of the BEST food on property!

We enjoy the,

Burgers, Hot Dogs, Chilli, and Ribs! And to top it off their ice cream is equally good!

Hope you have a great time!:smooth:

Ive posted this a couple of times but Im a firm believer. Order lunch and not dinner at the Sci fi.
We ate dinner there in Sept and it was really really bad but I keep hearing how great the burgers fries and shakes are (not available for dinner-lunch only).
I plan on at least trying the lunch, just because we loved the atmospere sooo much.

You know, the really sad thing about all this is that I interned in college at the Sci Fi Dine In (back when they used to roller skate and pass out popcorn). The food was not too bad then, but this was ten years ago. I agree with you about lunch. In fact, we try for lunch at most places, because the menu is cheaper. I too have heard about the excellent burgers and fries .. but last time we were there it was gross. Maybe we were there on an off day?? Or maybe we just go for milkshakes and a break from the heat. Regardless, it may be worth it in that the atmosphere will entertain an eight and one year old for an hour ... (while Mom and Dad get to sit down).

This is our favorite WDW restaurant, and a must-do every trip! That being said, we definitely go more for the atmosphere than the food.

The first trip we went for dinner, and we loved the theming but the food was less than great. Since then, we've gone for lunch instead, and the food has been much better. If you eat here, go for lunch and stick to the basics - burgers, fries and shakes.

akline - I'm really surprised that you found the burgers and fries gross here. We think they've got fantastic burgers and fries. But as you said, any restaurant can have an off day. I keep reading how great the burgers are at Beaches n Cream, but when we ate there the burgers tasted so nasty we threw them away.

Hi Kaycee .. so funny to read your reply .. I was going to plan a burger and fries day at Beaches and Cream because I'd heard such great reviews (I'm a big fan of the Mudslides there). It must depend on who is cooking! Odds are, we'll hit Sci Fi for lunch ... last time the lettuce in my salad was brown, and my husband's burger was overcooked and cold .. and the service was very slow (which I knew was a problem because when I worked there our goal was to turn each table in 45 minutes). Hopefully we'll have better luck!

We enjoyed the atmosphere but I didnt enjoy my food. My burger was charred. For me, it was a one time deal. We've done it and I dont feel the need to return.
It just shows how peoples tastes differ- I absolutely love Beaches and Cream and think they have the best burgers anywhere, we try to get lunch there at least twice each trip! Another poster said the burgers at Beaches and Cream were nasty so either Beaches and Cream was having an off day or everyone likes something different!
If you tried Sci Fi once and didnt enjoy it, maybe try someplace new!

We had lunch there on Jan 5th and enjoyed it very much. The shakes were very good. We all had sandwiches. 12yo Son with said the burger was fantastic, hubby said the ruben was very good, 9yo daughter had the kid cheeseburger and she enjoyed that. I had the ham & cheese and it was fine (it wasn't great, how much can you do with a ham & cheese?)

The atmosphere, of course, was wonderful! We loved it. Our server was great.

The Sci Fi is a must do for us also. The burgers and milk shakes are great. And we love the atmosphere.

Do they have a seperate menu for dinner that doean't have burgers on it?

Yes the dinner menu is different. We ordered 4 different entrees and none of us really liked them.
Ive heard that you can order burgers for dinner but they are leftover from lunch and not as good as if you ordered them fresh. We still had a great time. The novelty really outweighs the bad food. IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter