Sci-Fi Diner - Ave time spent for dinner?

MarkinNM

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!
Have a 6:35PM dinner ADR and is such a difficult ADR to get in the first place anyhow F! is scheduled for 8:30, certainly 2 hours is enough time to eat and get to F!?

TIA!

The movie loop at the SciFi is 40-45 minutes. We usually overlap by about 5 minutes but that is at Lunch time. Might be longer at dinner and depends on how long you have to wait to be seated. I would think feel a bit uncomfortable with that timing as I like to be early to Fantasmic to get a good spot.

Our experience was the same as the above poster. We were there for a little bit over the movie loop. We shared an appetizer and a meal. No dessert. We didn't linger long. It was a perfect break and we loved the atmosphere and the food. Sci-fi is a must do for us.

We ate at Sci Fi once in. My son was gluten free, so after talking to the chef, and waiting extra time for an entree and dessert, we were there for 90 + minutes. We saw lots of surrounding tables come and go. Almost missed our FP following. We are trying again this year in September. Hoping for better luck this time, as he is no longer gluten free.

I did forget to mention we arrived on time for our ADR but still waited about 20 minutes for our table.
We also had someone steal our reservation so then we had to wait about 10 more minutes for them to go and get the people that said they were me and seat us.
I don't think that's a common problem though, lol.

We eat at Sci-Fi almost every trip; mostly lunch, but sometimes dinner. Except for when we've had a reservation right when Sci-Fi opened for lunch, we have had to wait anywhere from 10-25+ minutes to be seated.

I did forget to mention we arrived on time for our ADR but still waited about 20 minutes for our table.
We also had someone steal our reservation so then we had to wait about 10 more minutes for them to go and get the people that said they were me and seat us.
I don't think that's a common problem though, lol.

That's crazy!

The movie loop at the SciFi is 40-45 minutes. We usually overlap by about 5 minutes but that is at Lunch time. Might be longer at dinner and depends on how long you have to wait to be seated. I would think feel a bit uncomfortable with that timing as I like to be early to Fantasmic to get a good spot.

THANKS ALL..................

We have a F! lunch package at HBD and could not get a lunch ADR for Sci-Fi so dinner it was......:)

I dont remember but is F! far from Sci-Fi?

That's crazy!
It was a little nuts. There was a ton of people waiting for walk ups and they must have gotten tired of waiting. I think the waiter was more upset than we were. He said it was the first time it had happened to him. We just laughed it off.
The lady didn't seem embarrassed or anything. I guess when hungry people can do crazy things.

Reactions: rlk
We have never been there more than 40 min to a hour. I don’t see how you could go longer. Pretty quick getting food.

I see sci fi is fully booked for lunches for our trip in December

On our last visit we asked for a table with out booking and they said come back 45 minutes later. Do u think they will still do walk ins like that

We eat there every year. They are pretty quick at getting us seated . It usually takes us about 1 hour to eat there.

Expect 45-60 minutes. It depends a lot on if you do appetizers, and/or dessert.

I think this can vary depending on how many tables your server has. We had an efficient server, but when it was time to pay she kind of disappeared and we ended up being in there at least an hour and a half. We had an app and entrees, but not dessert. She said something about having two large allergy tables. It is nice and cool in there though. It will always be my choice for a summer lunch at the Studios.

Sci-Fi is consistently the one restaurant we waited the longest to be seated, usually in the 20 - 30 min range. The meal itself is an hour at a relaxed pace. So plan for 90 minutes. That still gives you 30 minutes to get to Fantasmic and seated, which is plenty of time. You may not have the best seats in the house, but you won't miss it.

We usually are in and out around 90 minutes . That’s from the time waiting for our seat till we are done with dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!