Sci-Fi Drive in Theatre or 50's Prime Time?

I’ll throw my vote in for 50’s. We love the concept and the food is good. We always find something we want and like. We’ve never been fans of Sci-fi for some reason. Look up the menus online before choosing, as others have said.

Same here.

Your poor son! I'm struggling with this decision as well and currently have both booked, but I'm unsure about 50's. My DD can be sensitive so I've already cancelled and rebooked 50's twice! I'm so on the fence and I don't want her to end up in tears.

We've gone on each of our trips and have usually had a server who is into the antics but find that most of them pick on the adults, not the kids. Our last trip was the first time they singled out either of our children, but they are now teens so I imagine they were considered fair game. If you do have a sensitive child, but want to enjoy the antics, I would just tell the server quietly that you'd like to play along, but your daughter would prefer to observe. My kids always loved when our server would threaten to put my husband in the corner for putting his elbows on the table. :)

I, too, would vote for Sci-Fi - the food is ok (and, to me, over-priced for what you get even when compared to other TS restaurants at WDW), but it is nice and quiet, super well-themed and fun to eat in a car and watch old movie clips.

DH and I also have eaten at 50's and I would say the server was really good at picking up on how much the table wanted to play or not play along. One of the tables next to us was really into it, but DH and I were kind of in the middle - our server gave us homework to do (which was actually fun), but I ordered double mashed potatoes in place of veggies (because I am NOT a veggie person either) and she said something like, "I'm in a good mood, so I'll let that pass" and then never said another word about it. If your family is super outgoing, they would probably love it, but when I am eating a TS at WDW I really want to relax from walking around so much and being on my feet, so that just isn't the ideal place for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter