Scooter Bug vs Gold Mobility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bridget060504

Earning My Ears
I am looking for a ECV for my MIL for our upcoming trip which is in 10 days. I know. I know. I just couldn't decide on one and then they made the changes and it made me hesitate even more. I wish I would have realized I could have booked before 10/1 and be grandfathered in, but I didn't.

OK so all things created equal I would go with Gold because of their glowing reviews and they seem to include some things that others charge for.

However, I know that Scooter Bug is the preferred vendor and I can do drop off/Pick up and not meet and greet.

So my questions are:

Does anyone know how things are going with Scooter Bug since the switch?

Is the meet and greet vs pick up/drop off a big deal or should I go with who I think is the best place to rent?

I just don't know how much weight I should put on the ease of just having them drop it off vs having a specific time to meet them.

The drop off and pick up is extremely important for me. I have had bad experiences with a vendor and meet and greet.

Neither... I always recommend Walker Mobility. Have used them for years with NO problems.

I just don't know how much weight I should put on the ease of just having them drop it off vs having a specific time to meet them.
What time are you arriving at the hotel, and what time are you leaving, and if either of those times is outside normal business hours, how well or poorly can she manage without wheels for a few hours?
The drop off and pick up is extremely important for me. I have had bad experiences with a vendor and meet and greet.
Rather than write off all vendors, I would eliminate that one bad vendor from my options.

What time are you arriving at the hotel, and what time are you leaving, and if either of those times is outside normal business hours, how well or poorly can she manage without wheels for a few hours?

Rather than write off all vendors, I would eliminate that one bad vendor from my options.

I should get there around 2pm. The issue is leaving. Our flight out is 10:55am. I don’t know if we will have to leave at 7am in magical express...

She could probably survive one night without it. She doesn’t use one at home - she just can’t walk a long way.

Are you referring to a certain company being “bad”

Okay. One thing you could consider is renting from the company of your choice, except have them pick it up on your next to last day and rent from ScooterBug. But DME will pick you up around 7:55 +/- 15 minutes of you have a domestic flight.

As for
Are you referring to a certain company being “bad”
I have no idea. The person I quoted didn't indicate which company or companies they had issues with. I just know I like Walker, Randy's, and Scooterama, while many, many posters love Gold.

As for
I have no idea. The person I quoted didn't indicate which company or companies they had issues with. I just know I like Walker, Randy's, and Scooterama, while many, many posters love Gold.
I am the quoted poster. My issue was with the Walker Mobility pick up service.
I prefer to have it delivered and waiting for me and dropped when I am ready. I am grandfathered in with Buena Vista this trip and will continue to use them

I suggest you call Gold if you're interested in them and see what's the earliest they pick up? I'm not sure if someone already mentioned it (I didn't see it). I've rented from them many times and they were always on time within a few minutes. Explain you have to get the bus to the airport so you don't have a lot of wiggle room and see what they say about it.

We used Gold this past trip and drop off was fine but pick up was a disaster. I waited over an hour and 1/2. It was just plain bad.

Plus the scooter itself acted up serval times. After I had charged it and would put it in slow mode and make a turn, it would take off in high speed! I had to put it into two walls and one trash can to stop it! Once it just quit going up a ramp with a good charge. I had to turn it off and on like 7 times and then as I reached the turn on the ramp, I turned it off and on and turned the wheel and it took off like a bat out of you know where! Scared the crap out of me!

We used Gold this past trip and drop off was fine but pick up was a disaster. I waited over an hour and 1/2. It was just plain bad.

Plus the scooter itself acted up serval times. After I had charged it and would put it in slow mode and make a turn, it would take off in high speed! I had to put it into two walls and one trash can to stop it! Once it just quit going up a ramp with a good charge. I had to turn it off and on like 7 times and then as I reached the turn on the ramp, I turned it off and on and turned the wheel and it took off like a bat out of you know where! Scared the crap out of me!
if you rented from Gold Mobility, if for some reason you experienced problems with the scooter and the delay in pick up (which I find surprising, - never had any problems). Why didn't you take a minute or two and call the number that texted you with time of delivery and pick up. When they drop off the scooter they specifically tell you if you experience any problems to not hesitate and contact via that num ber. (It is connected to the person who personally delivered the scooter, not the company, and it's a cell phone)

You waited 1 1\2 hours for them to pick up and you didn't contact them after 15 minutes. Sorry, but you could have handled this better with two minutes of your time by either a phone call or text, which apparently you chose not to.

if you rented from Gold Mobility, if for some reason you experienced problems with the scooter and the delay in pick up (which I find surprising, - never had any problems). Why didn't you take a minute or two and call the number that texted you with time of delivery and pick up. When they drop off the scooter they specifically tell you if you experience any problems to not hesitate and contact via that num ber. (It is connected to the person who personally delivered the scooter, not the company, and it's a cell phone)

You waited 1 1\2 hours for them to pick up and you didn't contact them after 15 minutes. Sorry, but you could have handled this better with two minutes of your time by either a phone call or text, which apparently you chose not to.

Actually I called him and I kept getting a delay in the time he would arrive. At first I think it was a 15 minute delay and then with no show I called or texted(don't remember) and was told it was going to be longer. He told me that one of the driver's had just quit and he was trying to cover those appointments too. I understand but give me an accurate time and then meet it. I was already fed up with the scooter itself! And yes my husband called to complain about the functioning of the scooter and he told that it probably needed to be charged which was not the case. The malfunctions happened on the second to last day and I was hoping it would behave itself for one more day since they were so reluctant to help us.

Actually I called him and I kept getting a delay in the time he would arrive. At first I think it was a 15 minute delay and then with no show I called or texted(don't remember) and was told it was going to be longer. He told me that one of the driver's had just quit and he was trying to cover those appointments too. I understand but give me an accurate time and then meet it. I was already fed up with the scooter itself! And yes my husband called to complain about the functioning of the scooter and he told that it probably needed to be charged which was not the case. The malfunctions happened on the second to last day and I was hoping it would behave itself for one more day since they were so reluctant to help us.
When you say him, who exactly did you call? What was the person's name?

This doesn't sound correct at all based on their track record, so I am wondering if there is some company put there trying to use a similar name to Gold Mobility hoping to profit off their good name or is trying to discredit them. I would love to see you post a picture of this scooter so we could all hopefully figure out which it is.l, so no one else gets duped into thinking another company is Gold Mobility when they aren't.

Literally, the one time we had an issue, they helped within 30 minutes and the issue was minor.

I have been speaking with people on this trip that rented from ScooterBug and delivery has been delayed by several days.

Last edited:
When you say him, who exactly did you call? What was the person's name?

This doesn't sound correct at all based on their track record, so I am wondering if there is some company put there trying to use a similar name to Gold Mobility hoping to profit off their good name or is trying to discredit them. I would love to see you post a picture of this scooter so we could all hopefully figure out which it is.l, so no one else gets duped into thinking another company is Gold Mobility when they aren't.

Literally, the one time we had an issue, they helped within 30 minutes and the issue was minor.

I have been speaking with people on this trip that rented from ScooterBug and delivery has been delayed by several days.
Here is the header off my pickup appointment email: "Gold Mobility Scooters LLC <scheduling@acuityscheduling.com>"

I do believe that is the same company. I am not willing to put the drivers name out there as I suspect much of this was not really much he had control of. If a driver did quit and he was covering his and another drivers appointments I can see where it would have been difficult. Admittedly he could have stayed in better contact.

I plan on speaking to the company on Monday .

Here is a pic of me on the scooter. If you enlarge it you can see the GMS logo above the sign I added. Crazy things all looked alike!

Attachments

• KimEVCCropped.JPG
    KimEVCCropped.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 31
Starting next year, Gold is gonna start offering scooter dropoff/pickup from MCO (2nd level, near baggage claim) with their own PRIVATE SHUTTLE AND GROCERY STOP!

Just something to think about.

Starting next year, Gold is gonna start offering scooter dropoff/pickup from MCO (2nd level, near baggage claim) with their own PRIVATE SHUTTLE AND GROCERY STOP!

That sounds amazing (well except for what is might cost with them renting airport property and running a shuttle.) I wish they offered soda as part of the current package. One large bottle would last me a week.

Please keep us posted. I'm so over the experience I've had with taking Magical Express back to the airport and being stranded. Hopefully it starts soon!!

Here is the header off my pickup appointment email: "Gold Mobility Scooters LLC <scheduling@acuityscheduling.com>"

I do believe that is the same company. I am not willing to put the drivers name out there as I suspect much of this was not really much he had control of. If a driver did quit and he was covering his and another drivers appointments I can see where it would have been difficult. Admittedly he could have stayed in better contact.

I plan on speaking to the company on Monday .

Here is a pic of me on the scooter. If you enlarge it you can see the GMS logo above the sign I added. Crazy things all looked alike!
I’m so sorry for your experience. That is definitely not the norm at all. Definitely call and speak to them about your experience. I’m sure they’ll want to put it right somehow.

To the OP the general experience with Gold is they are there for pickup and drop off within minutes of the arranged time, they text to confirm the night before and to give you the number to text when your DME is pulling out so they can time it to meet you. They are usually early and waiting.

Other meet and greet companies will try to get there within an hour or so of the arranged time, and one has now gone to ‘windows’ for resort drop offs which could leave you hanging around for a few hours.

On a previous trip I had it left at the hotel for me because we needed to get on our way right after check in and no one else I spoke to could ensure they could be there soon enough. When Gold came on the scene all the feedback about drop off and pick up was so positive, and the price and upgrades so good that I didn’t hesitate to book and wasn’t disappointed.

I’m not sure, based on Scooterbug long term feedback, that I’d be happy renting from them. It’s been too hit and miss over the years - a lot on the quality and condition of the scooters. I have already lost several hours on one park day with another company with 2 different scooters breaking down on me. Gold’s fleet is replaced every 3-6 months maximum. So something going wrong is extremely rare, but as with life anything can happen. I just prefer to minimise my risks.

Call Gold, tell them your arrival and departure times and your concerns (they were excellent about responding to all my concerns when I phoned them the first time) and see if the times work for them.

By far Gold Mobility Scooters has been the best mobility scooter rental company we have ever used. No other company has come close.We have tried several other companies. Every trip Gold has been standing by waiting for us just outside the magical express for delivery, and the return of the scooter. We have never been left waiting. They have an excellent text communication system. They were also flexible for delays when we experienced them. Every rental scooter delivered has been like new and the battery charge always lasted all day without any issues. I wouldn't use any other company. We highly recommend them.

This is not the first report I have seen with the same complaint.
The person who posted it on a Facebook page I’m active on got the same treatment in responses as you (blamed for his issues, told Gold would not do that and asked to prove he actually rented from Gold).

When I posted that customer service is important to all companies and that any company could mess up at times, I was misinterpreted as claiming all companies have the same level of customer service. I also had mentioned seeing multiple companies’ scooters on our last trip that looked worse for wear (including Gold scooters) and was basically accused of lying.

I’m closing this thread because it has crossed the line from sharing experience disparaging other people’s experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!