Scooter rental damage policies/insurance

wendylovesdisney

DIS Veteran
can anyone tell me their experiences with scooter rental and damage issues? I have a scooter from Gold Mobility and the fender on the scooter got damaged on a bus. They advertise as having a free damage waiver and they had me sign some papers when it was delivered. One of them I was told was that I was accepting the “free” damage waiver. When I pulled out the paperwork after the bus ride I see it says they can charge you up to 500.00 for damage. The part I’ve been told is about 300.00. To say I’m upset is the least of it.
Is it common practice for scooter rentals?
Many of the sites advertise full coverage and insurance. I can’t pay for this.
Can someone tell me if this is a common thing?

Talk to them, they have great customer service, I am sure it can be worked out. Also, was the damage your fault or caused by someone else? If caused by someone else, that person could and should be held liable for the damages.

Talked to Bob at Gold and he not only is going to take care of my problem, he was genuinely concerned about my sister and I. My husband told me that Bob proves that there are nice guys still in the world and it’s absolutely true. So here’s one more glowing review for Gold, but it’s Bob who is their shining star. Good on you Bob!

I figure it never hurts to ask. Just out of curiosity, how did it happen?

I only ask because I want to make sure I avoid anything like that because my luck is that I would injure myself in the process. While Gold Mobility may make things good from their end, they can't heal an injury, so I prefer to avoid any issue I can....lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter