scooter rental- gold mobility or buena vista rentals

chimommy

Mouseketeer
Looks like my husband had to have surgery before our trip, and we will have to rent a scooter for him. Looks like a lot of people like Gold mobility. However I was looking into buena vista because we will only need the scooter for 3 days. Just wondering in terms of service... have people had issues with scooters from buena vista?

Thanks

I've rented from both, and the only issue I had with Buena Vista was the fault of the resort, not of BV. Since they're a "featured provider", they're allowed to leave my scooter with Bell Services. Well, Bell Services lost my key (probably gave it to someone else) so they had to find one that worked in mine (so they said-apparently keys are interchangeable to some extent). I actually had to wait about 20 minutes. But since then, I don't like to use a "featured provider".

I had an issues with a Buena Vista scooter dying on me in Hollywood Studios. I charged it over night and got to the park ok, but noticed it was a bit sluggish from previous days. It died near what is now the entrance to Toy Story land. I called their service line and after going through the 3rd degree, they said they would bring a "new" scooter out. So I found a piece of shade and waited. It took them an hour to meet me. The replacement scooter looked like someone had gone on some sort of drunken demolition derby with it, but at least the battery worked.

No issues to report with Gold. Their scooters looked brand new and drove that way too. Plus the battery life was incredible!

I have had no issues with BVS and, in spite of the hype over GMS, I have decided to use them again

I used BV once. Had nothing but issues with their batteries staying charged. They brought me out 2 replacement ECV's. After the third one wouldn't stay charged they accused me to doing something wrong. I told them that I most assuredly hadn't. They wouldn't replace it even though I could go no longer than 4 hours without plugging it in and charging it.

So, my last trip I went with Gold Mobility. I'd read all the reviews here, but was still apprehensive. I called them up to reserve my ECV.They were so nice. Sent me brochures about the Food and Wine festival. Brochures that showed which rides were handicapped accessible.

The night before they sent me a text message. Confirming my reservation and letting me know that I just needed to send them a text when my flight landed. Which I did. then, I recieved another text to let them know when the ME left the airport. I arrived at the resort and they were there waiting for me. I was very surprised.

So, fast forward through the trip. I was nervous because of past experiences with battery life and my ECV. Well, 14 days late and I had zero issues. the ECV I used was brand new. Less than 6 months old. I will be renting from them again on my upcoming trip in May. Already have my reservation made and I can't wait.

The first time we needed one, we rented from Buena Vista and it was a disaster, the scooter barely held a charge, they wouldn't get out in a timely manner to replace it. Then we rented from a few others all with varying levels of success, but this last time we rented from Gold Mobility and I am spoiled to the point I won't rent from anyone else again.

We had three ECVs in our group, we had one issue, we went to see American Adventure and the elevator broke down, so they had us go up the exit. Well apparently one of the three scooters didn't like this as after getting to the top it stopped moving. So I texted Gold Mobility just before the show started and he sent back what to do by the time the show ended, we did it and never had another issue. The batteries lasted all day, even in Animal Kingdom and I was the designated runner to get return times on the DAS and still never dropped more than 3 dots on the battery.

The other thing is we looked at the condition of the scooters from all of the other companies and they look like they had been through a war and back, Gold MobikitMob looked new, probably because they replace them every 6 months, worked well, had a fan, phone holder, cup holder and USB ports for charging your phone. As a result when people saw these ECVs, there weren't the nasty looks that we tend to get on the other ones, instead you get compliments like cool scooter or people asking where it was rented from (despite the big sign telling them). Add to that their top notch customer service and the fact that they give you rain ponchos and tiller covers and really I can't imagine renting from anywhere else. Oh and if somehow you do break down inside a park, apparently their average response time is 30 minutes with a replacement, of course may be a little longer if you are in the back of a park I suppose.

Gold Mobility is the best. They change out their fleet every 6 months and sell the old scooters to people who need them. Their staff is knowledgeable and there 24/7.

If you need a powerchair, they’ll start offering those in the summer with both a regular and HD option available.

We had no issues with BV, but because of the glowing reviews on here, we are trying Gold Mobility in Sept. I like that Gold offers you several features that BV makes you pay for... phone holder charger, fan, cup holder, and 1 free accessory choice.. (we chose a cane holder because that was the one thing that was a pain with BV. No where to put your cane.)

We are using Gold Mobility next week for the first time after extensive research on the web and here on this forum. Seems like they have the best overall price and the best reputation. We had 2 bad experiences with a Disney list scooter company and will never use the list for reference again. Since my trip is next week I'll be sure to update on my experience with them. We have high hopes all will go well.

I think you will find their service the best, really they should do customer service training for other companies.

Gold mobility is amazing, bvs not so much. We had a problem with buena vista and received poor customer service. Gold mobility was perfect. They were very prompt at the time I wanted and it only took a couple of minutes. I will always use them.

Gold Mobility Scooters was beyond fabulous. After one day in the parks I needed a scooter fulltime. At 8:30 am I placed an online order for one with GMS, I called at 9am when they opened and spoke with a really nice guy. Scooter delivered by 10:30am. They could not have been nicer, more helpful, or more professional. They are flexible, and let you know when they are enroute by text. I will definitely use them again when I come back. A1 rating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter