Scooters in a Minnie Van??

BYC

DIS Veteran
Are there any Minnie Vans equipped to handle an electric scooter? Thank you!

Yes. I believe there may only be 2 in the fleet right now. The accessible Minnie Vans can hold up to 5 passengers (ECV rider + 4 others). We haven’t gotten much feedback about them here on disABILITIES, so if you use one please come back and share your experience.

Enjoy your vacation!

My brother just rode in one two weeks ago, specifically to check them out before our trip next year. Calling for a ride is easy. He said the transition is easy, there is quite a bit of space in the vehicle, and getting in and out on an ECV is straight forward. He did confirm that there is only room for one ECV on each Minnie Van. He is very excited to use them for our parents!

Are they available at all resorts yet, or just a select few?

I believe it’s still just deluxe resorts. They need more vehicles to handle the demand. That said, some people have reported stopping by a deluxe resort and getting it activated even when staying elsewhere, but others have not. And once the app is activated, it can be used anywhere on property and remains active for future visits.

Enjoy your vacation!

I believe it’s still just deluxe resorts. They need more vehicles to handle the demand. That said, some people have reported stopping by a deluxe resort and getting it activated even when staying elsewhere, but others have not. And once the app is activated, it can be used anywhere on property and remains active for future visits.

Enjoy your vacation!

But will they take you from the parks to a nonparticipating resort? I'm thinking about this option when we do a huge family trip and we have some kids with sensory issues, some elders with mobility issues. Might help to have a few options for getting back to the resort, but I doubt we will stay at a deluxe.

But will they take you from the parks to a nonparticipating resort?

Yes, as long as the app has been activated for you. That is the only way to schedule a Minnie Van. They will take you from anywhere onsite to anywhere onsite. Be aware that due to the limited fleet, there may not be any cars available when you first try, in which case you will need to decide whether to wait and try again in a few minutes or use a different mode of transportation.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts