Scored FOP 32 days out!!

On a random whim I checked for a TSMM again this morning and got one exactly when I needed it! I'm going to keep checking for SDD but having the TSMM gives me some peace of mind and made my morning!

At many points of the day TSMM has waits that are as long, or longer, than SDD. I've got TSMM for our first HS day and SDD for our last. I realize that SDD is the "hot" FP to try for, but in terms of saving park time, I think TSMM can be equally valuable.

At many points of the day TSMM has waits that are as long, or longer, than SDD. I've got TSMM for our first HS day and SDD for our last. I realize that SDD is the "hot" FP to try for, but in terms of saving park time, I think TSMM can be equally valuable.
But at RD, SDD would probably be better right? We are RDing TSL, so I’m still stalking in hopes of switching my TSMM to SDD. My TSMM FP is at 9:15. I’m hoping it’s not too early but that’s what I could get and it keeps us from having to circle back to TSL later.

But at RD, SDD would probably be better right? We are RDing TSL, so I’m still stalking in hopes of switching my TSMM to SDD. My TSMM FP is at 9:15. I’m hoping it’s not too early but that’s what I could get and it keeps us from having to circle back to TSL later.

If you're going at RD, then, yes, it's better to have SDD fast passes for later. Since most of the crowd goes to SDD, you can more easily ride TSMM and Aliens without a wait first thing in the morning. Since I'm going in the evening, I'm just as happy to have TSMM because my perusal of the MDE app wait times lately has shown TSMM to be lengthy.

But if you're early to RD, you'll be fine getting on SDD at RD, and then riding TSMM with a FP. A change to SDD might not line up as well with your plans, since it will likely be later in the day, if one becomes available, necessitating a backtrack to TSL.

Her reaction -- started to cry because she didn't want to see the whale. I told he she can just close her eyes.

Okay-- I just have to ask-- is she scared of whales, or has she ridden it before and was startled by the whale?

Back on the main subject--- don't give up even the day you are there. I managed to pull FPs for both FOP and then later Navi while we were in the park.

I didn't have any luck for same day on SDD. I had a FP+ for our departure day for SDD, so we went back that day and did it then. If you are near the front of RD you can do SDD then, but remember that they have been letting people in about 20 minutes early. Everyone goes straight to SDD and we noticed that the line blows up quickly and the longest line of the day can be about 9:30 or 10:00 a.m.- we saw the line at 3 hours long before 10:00 a.m. one of the 3 mornings we were there.

Okay-- I just have to ask-- is she scared of whales, or has she ridden it before and was startled by the whale?
She rode it before and was ok with the whale at that point. And she actually loves whales, drawing them, reading about them, listening to whale sounds. I think she gets fixated on certain things and the whale is what she remembers from the ride. We are going to watch videos of FOP so that she knows when it is coming and can close her eyes. She has asked to watch it. We thought about lying and telling her they took out the whale but figured we would go the opposite and desensitize her to the sight of the whale by watching it over and over again.

OOOOH! I soooo hope I get some Pixie Dust. I am 41 days out today and am sooooo hoping for a FOP on my day 1. I have been home sick today and literally have been refreshing back to back since 5:30am this morning with no luck! But i'm not giving up! Ya'll have given me hope!
I have seen several of you mention getting a hard to get FP's at 30-32 days out. I wonder if they throw some of the hard to get FP's out there for the customers that can't make their FP's till 30 days out instead of us that can book them at 60? Just a thought
Thank you again!

OOOOH! I soooo hope I get some Pixie Dust. I am 41 days out today and am sooooo hoping for a FOP on my day 1. I have been home sick today and literally have been refreshing back to back since 5:30am this morning with no luck! But i'm not giving up! Ya'll have given me hope!
I have seen several of you mention getting a hard to get FP's at 30-32 days out. I wonder if they throw some of the hard to get FP's out there for the customers that can't make their FP's till 30 days out instead of us that can book them at 60? Just a thought
Thank you again!

Nope, it's people who cancel their packages just before the deadline. If they cancel 30 days out, they can get a full refund. If they go to 29 days, they are charged a $200 cancellation fee. If you cancel your package, your FP are cancelled, and someone else can scoop them up.

Yay!!! Congratulations!

Never give up.
Pixie dust for everyone still lookingpixiedust:

Nope, it's people who cancel their packages just before the deadline. If they cancel 30 days out, they can get a full refund. If they go to 29 days, they are charged a $200 cancellation fee. If you cancel your package, your FP are cancelled, and someone else can scoop them up.
Makes sense!

Last night, after weeks of looking, I was able to bump my FOP reservation to 20 minutes earlier (which is actually very helpful). Keep checking!

Finally upgraded our NRJ to FOP, 40 days out! And even more amazing, I was able to modify it on the app!! Latest update seems to have fixed a couple bugs that kept getting in my way.

Just got FOP for the Wednesday before Xmas. Disney must have dropped quite a few as plenty of times available.

Last edited:
Just got FOP for the Wednesday before Xmas. Disney must have dropped quite a few as plenty of times available.

Congratulations! I thought maybe I’d try my luck, but unfortunately MDE is telling me they are unable to show my plans right now ☹️ It would let me look at dining plans earlier today, and now I can’t seem to look at anything at all.

They must have just made a big drop. There are a lot of times on 12/12 if anyone is looking! All are after 4pm but I grabbed one and will try and move it around to fit our plans!! Good luck!

Congratulations! I thought maybe I’d try my luck, but unfortunately MDE is telling me they are unable to show my plans right now ☹️ It would let me look at dining plans earlier today, and now I can’t seem to look at anything at all.

Have you tried the app? I noticed the website was having issues, but not the app.

Great to hear people are having luck.

Just checked, still there for 12/12 (I already had one for 12/11). Hey, keep us posted if an SDDs drop that week

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter