• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Scrapbooks--How do I start?

4merlurkerchris

Mouseketeer
What would be your advice for someone who wanted to start a scrapbook for the first time?
Thanks!
Chris:)

I would check out Creative Memories. Their consultants (in fact I am a consultant) teach scrapbooking classes and sell all the supplies and tools you would need. We really focus on simple pages and making scrapbooks filled with memories your family will cherish for a lifetime. It's easy to find a consultant -- go to their website www.creativememories.com and click on locate a consultant -- enter your address and it will show you a list of the closest consultants. Good luck and I'm glad to hear you want to preserve your photos and memories!!

I would also suggest going to a crop. My friend who is a CM consultant has them about once a month and I can share ideas with others and buy supplies at the same time. I also find the Creative Keepsakes magazine has good ideas to get me going. The CM idea books are great too.
I guess to actually answer your question I would have to say the very first step is to organize your photos. I like to decide what the album will be about and then put my pictures in order.
The album I'm doing now is about when we built our house so it's in chronological order. My WDW album is not. I did it more in sections: Each park, a 2 page spread on various fountains, a spread on the kids eating treats, Mickey's Halloween Party, etc.
Next you need to decide what type of album you want to use and then what type of adhesive. Your on your own there because everybody has their favorite!!! :) You might want to try a couple of different adhesives at first to see what you like. That's another great thing about crops- everybody is usually willing to let you try something of theirs.

There are several sites on the web that you could visit. This one is my personal favorite.

It has a wonderful area for newbies. It will explain what to look for in supplies so that your photos will be preserved over time. There are also some basic techniques to help you get started.

Keep visiting this board. Ask questions. There are a lot of very helpful people here.
gracefulbee

Chessie

As a non-creative memories consultant I would go TO a Creative Memories consultant to get started. That's how I was hooked on scrapbooking. They truly do have the best albums I've seen on the market ~ I love them. I think I keep my friend who is a CMC in business. We have a couple of local scrapbooking stores that are nice and have classes as well, but I'd get a CM album first :-). I even subscribed to a scrapbooking magazine for awhile, but found that for what I want to do right now, their layouts are complicated for me. That's what I like about CM ~ the layouts are simpler and easier, less daunting for a beginner. Then the more you scrapbook, the more daring you'll get (I'm not really there yet)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter