Scrapping with SWAP items

Hey Hope!
Great pages! I always love looking at your lo's and "lifting"!
900 photos seems so manageable to me because on this trip we took over 3000!:scared1:
I may not be the one you want to talk to because I save everything!
But I feel like LindaBabe does and if I want to keep it and scrap it I will and do.
Learning from the Med cruise this is how Ive broken the Baltics down...
Each country has its own cd of photos and so does anything on the ship itself.
France has its own, England does and DLParis.
I am scrapping one country at a time and not even printing the photos until Im ready to do that country. Any reciepts, the Navigator and anything significant to the particular country will go with it.
Ive more or less chosen a color scheme to go with each country, France is red/white/blue, except for photos from the Louve which will match the artwork.
Berlin was done in grays.
Until I can get albums for them, each country goes into its own Iris box so all pages can be stored flat.
I dont care how many albums it will take me because Im most likely not going back and if I do it wouldnt be the same anyways.
We look at this trip as if its 4 trips in one so thats how I broke it down.
I think it would have helped me if I had thought to do it this way for the Med.
I dont know if this will help you or not but I hope it gives you some suggestions.
I also try to scrap 2 pages per day.
And it really helped doing that trip report, because all I have to do now is go back and add little details.

I hope you keep your scrapping up and hope to see alot more from you on here!

You know those 7 drawer, rolling Iris carts...the largest drawer is filled with all the "stuff" I saved from the cruise. My flubber, FE gifts, confetti, streamers, postcards, and who knows what else. Plus, I have a Priority Mail box that has the menus, Navigators and something else, but I can't remember what. So I save EVERYTHING too.

Oh, and when I say 900 photos, some of those are multiple photos I stuck on a 4x6 (so 2x3 prints, 3x4's, etc). I don't even want to think about how many actual pictures there are. I think I took just over 2000, and my Mom another 1000, plus the professional ones.

I've done some pages!! I did know who'd done them all but AGAIN DH threw away my piece of paper before I could get the pics uploaded (we've got to get another PC or laptop soon! one between 4 is not working:headache:) Anyway....

Latest colour swap
001-1.jpg

Completed page swap
(123SA?)
002-1.jpg

(DIT?)
003-3.jpg

Latest everyday swap
004-2.jpg

005-1.jpg

actually, I might swap the trees over....

Thanks! done some more......

DIT - everyday swap
001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

123SA everyday swap (I covered DS's face with the box as it was very close-up)
003-4.jpg

Last two - mine for everyday swap
004-3.jpg

005-2.jpg

I love swap items:lovestruc I've already got some pulled for my vacation pages:goodvibes

And a few more:rolleyes1

123SA colour swap (one before last)
001-3.jpg

002-3.jpg

Arizona Rita - everyday swap (one before last)
003-5.jpg

004-4.jpg

Michief Managed (everyday swap before last)
005-3.jpg

006-1.jpg

Susie Stone (everyday swap and an older disney dining swap)
007-1.jpg

Did I happen to mention I :love: swap stuff:woohoo::rolleyes1

Great job Mazda!!! Thanks for using some of my stuff!!

I used swap pieces on some of the pages I did at SDV this weekend. I'll get photos taken and post them soon.

I love everyone's stuff:lovestruc My pieces are the last to be used (unless I've made them with a particular picture/event in mind :guilty:)

So, I actually started scrapping my Trans-Atlantic cruise. :woohoo: I'm not exactly working "in order," I am working on the first day, but I am starting with the layouts that I know I can finish quickly because I have 4 cruise swaps worth of swap items.

Or at least I thought I was.

I happily pulled together my photos for the Welcome Show, and went digging for swap items. I. HAVE. NO. SWAP. ITEMS. FOR. THE. WELCOME. SHOW!!!!

Now, what am I supposed to do :confused3 ? So I am skipping those pictures because the thought of making a title for just my book is too daunting right now.

C'mon Hope, you can do it! And I would love to see photos!
and mentioned on that "How many do you have" thread, theres a new Bon Voyage stack? I havnt seen that one!

Mazda, its such a thrill for me whenever I see something of mine used, so thank you! You honor me!

Rita - the honour is all mine to have such lovely stuff in my books!

Yeah, you used my scout pieces from the everyday swap. It's really nice to see them being used in other people's work. Nice pages!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter