Sea Lice Lotion from drug store or similar.

din

From Ohio North Coast to SF Bay....
Can anyone help me?

I am trying to find out if I can get the Sea Lice lotion from any store like a Target or Walgreens or do I have to go to Ron Jon's surf shop or mail order to get the lotion. We will be taking Happy Limo and would like to know if stopping at Walgreen's or a drug store to pick up the lotion.

THANKS

I don't know when you are going, but we just got back from the 3/2 Magic and I forgot to bring my lotion. We ended up not needing it because there were no Sea Lice to be found at the beaches we went to.

I purchased Safe Seas (the sea lice lotion) from:

Lighthouse Sports, Inc.
525 South White St.
Wake Forest, NC 27587
p: 800-276-7705
f: 919-562-7310

They don't have a web-site yet and are a distributor. I haven't tried it yet but will on our March 30th cruise. Geoff was very helpful when I placed the order - even sent quite a few samples that I'll share.

Apparently it also works for fire coral and sea aenenomes too.

Good luck!

Although this stuff will hopefully become more common in a few years (as the makers of the product are trying to get deals with the big sun tan lotion manufacturers like Banana Boat and Hawaiian Tropic) I don't think you'll be able to find it in grocery stores or Wal-Mart. You may need to look for Safe Sea online. We go to the beach several times a year anyway so I'd like to have some even before we go on our cruise.

Wouldn't pretty much any diver or speciality sports store (for outdoors adventurer types) have this stuff? I'll probably just end up ordering some online, but I pass a couple of those stores each day on my way home from work and thought I might pop in and see if they carry it.

You would think DCL would start selling it on the ship. That would help out those of us who don't live near the coast and those who have DCL transfers so they can't stop at Ron Jon's to buy it. Kathy

I agree!!! We live in the bay area and when we ask about the safe sea lotion in a scuba shop we got this strange look. I guess it is because we do not have warm pacific water!!! :D

We are leaving for the Wonder in less than three weeks and we cannot decide if we need to order it or not. Is this is a potential problem at Castaway Cay in early April?

We cruised in October and did not need it. This time I'm bringing some. The season starts in March. The last thing we need are rashes/bumps. Bringing the cortizone cream also.

Vonda

What is "Sea Lice Lotion"? I sense I am missing something important. I don't even know what Sea Lice is! Anyone....?

Sea lice are basically tiny jellyfish. I would assume their sting isn't quite as bad as regular size jellyfish, but the sheer quantity of them might be what causes the problem. I don't know how it works, but supposedly the lotion contains some sort of chemical which causes the jellyfish to ignore their normal impulse to sting you. We usually go the Gulf coast several times a year and at least once every year, the water is FULL of jellyfish. If this stuff truly works it would be great.

I never knew about this until I started reading this board. It got me a little nervous so that is the reason why I asking where I can get the lotion other than mail order since where I live the stores do not carry it.

Here is the link to the company if you are interested.

http://www.nidaria.com/

They'll still be "in season" although I personally think that season talk is just a fancy way to not scare off tourists. I don't know about in the Altantic, but in the Gulf of Mexico, with the exception of the winter months, jellyfish are ALWAYS in season. It's just a matter of random luck whether they're there when you're there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!