(Sea)Lions & Gators & Dolphins….Oh, My! A Halloween PTR/TR with a “wild” theme - Oct/Nov '18

Hi. I know you're currently enjoying your "Thanksgiving" with Jake right now. But I'm trying to figure out my schedule for when you're here. (Between what I thought were supposed be abmormal days off that week, my colleges football game, and Hell Week at Orange theory Fitness)

....I think we need to get together the night you get in somewhere that will show my football game, so you can see me in my rare form (for better or worse depending on which of my Utah team shows up for the game, I prefer the team we've had the last two weeks...) . Like I'm.willing to call and ask your hotel if they have Pac12-Networks so I can just come over .... Don't mind me just inviting myself over. (But this is also dependant on if I'm working Saturday or not, because I'm currently not sire).

I read your thread about the Trainer for a Day program, and I'm SO delighted that you had such a special, awesome, memorable day!

Thank you! It was an incredible time! Two of our friends from home drove in from Canada, so the five of us enjoyed dinner, the game, and some social time afterward. The Leafs won, and it was a late but awesome night!

Thank you!! It seriously was one of the best days ever! (I was love the whole time) Definitely keeping my fingers crossed that the 31st works out as well

That sounds like fun! And I love the group photo with the photobombers in the background

It just looks “right” to see Jake in your photos. After so many trip reports with him there....:goodvibes

I am glad your time with him this week has been filled with fun and a Leafs victory!

You are so tiny between your two gentlemen!

I will say, though, that seeing trip reports with just you and your hubby make the empty nest thing (that is not that far away on my horizon) look much less daunting for my “mom heart.” It makes me happy about upcoming trips with my hubby instead of worrying about how we will miss our kiddos. :thumbsup2 You guys make the best of each phase of life.

Trip less than 2 weeks away. Woohoo! If you can get a golf cart at Ft Wilderness, I would. Look at the fun these bloggers had there. :maleficen

I can't remember exactly where the Krispy Kreme is on 192, but the Sweet Tomatoes location is in the Super Target shopping center just passed Chuy's restaurant. I don't think any of the Sweet Tomatoes restaurants in Orlando serve breakfast anymore. I was really disappointed, because I wanted to try the breakfast after your last review there.

What a shame that they discontinued breakfast.....we really enjoyed it when we went!

It is really funny that you posted tonight about your Leafs game as I was just saying to my brother I wonder how my dis friends liked going to the Leafs game.
They are really on a roll and Auston Matthews is doing great. I may have to go out and purchase some type of Leafs gear to wear to cheer them on this year.
Glad that you are having a good time with Jake and got to enjoy Thanksgiving with him.

Auston Matthews, John Tavaras, Morgan Reilly and James Marner are all killing it right now ::yes::. After many, MANY years of cheering on our Leafs during less than stellar seasons :rolleyes1, it sure is fun to see such great things happening on the ice this year. It's about dang time!!

Hi. I know you're currently enjoying your "Thanksgiving" with Jake right now. But I'm trying to figure out my schedule for when you're here. (Between what I thought were supposed be abmormal days off that week, my colleges football game, and Hell Week at Orange theory Fitness)

....I think we need to get together the night you get in somewhere that will show my football game, so you can see me in my rare form (for better or worse depending on which of my Utah team shows up for the game, I prefer the team we've had the last two weeks...) . Like I'm.willing to call and ask your hotel if they have Pac12-Networks so I can just come over .... Don't mind me just inviting myself over. (But this is also dependant on if I'm working Saturday or not, because I'm currently not sire).

You can invite yourself over ANYTIME, my dear girl. Me casa es su casa!

If we absolutely HAVE to watch football ;), I'm sure the resort will be able to get the game on at one of the bars (even if its not available on the villa TV's). Is Saturday night still good for Rocco's Tacos, or should we be making Plan B?

Thank you!! It seriously was one of the best days ever! (I was love the whole time) Definitely keeping my fingers crossed that the 31st works out as well

That sounds like fun! And I love the group photo with the photobombers in the background

Yes, definitely keep me posted! PM me if you want to exchange cell numbers before we leave :thumbsup2.

It just looks “right” to see Jake in your photos. After so many trip reports with him there....:goodvibes

I am glad your time with him this week has been filled with fun and a Leafs victory!

You are so tiny between your two gentlemen!

I will say, though, that seeing trip reports with just you and your hubby make the empty nest thing (that is not that far away on my horizon) look much less daunting for my “mom heart.” It makes me happy about upcoming trips with my hubby instead of worrying about how we will miss our kiddos. :thumbsup2 You guys make the best of each phase of life
rip less than 2 weeks away. Woohoo! If you can get a golf cart at Ft Wilderness, I would. Look at the fun these bloggers had there. :maleficen

I totally feel ya .... my mom heart takes a good beating these days, but I try to remember that it's all as it should be: he's independent and strong and capable and motivated, and much as its hard for me to let go, it's all as it should be. Another age and stage that's sometimes hard but oh-so-necessary.....for him, AND for us. I am oh so grateful that we enjoy such a wonderful and close relationship: distance may separate us physically, but we are as close as ever. Maybe even moreso. We talk every day, no exaggerating. Often more than once a day. We never lose sight of how blessed we are to have each other.....even if we have no idea why life has taken us down the paths we are currently on :confused3. I suppose that's part of the adventure of life.

Definitely look positively on that "next stage". Reconnecting as a couple is as special as the blessing of the parenting years ::yes::. I think sometimes it feels a little extra weird for us right now, just because we're fairly young to be empty-nesters (many of my schoolmates still have children in elementary school....a few are even still having babies!!). But we enjoy our couple trips together.....in some ways, it's like being newlyweds again :goodvibes.

Y'all are making a very good case for the golf cart rental ::yes::. I am on the fence about adding the extra expense to an already splurgy trip.......but oh, it does look fun! I might just have to call and see if there's any availability and leave the decision to the Disney Gods :laughing:. If there is, it was meant to be! If not, its my conscience saying Gina, keep your credit card in your wallet :rotfl2:.

Last edited:

Looking at everything right now, I'll probably just attempt to watch my game Friday at home ..it doesn't start til 1030PM :eek:. Because I'll probably passout around half time (like this past week).

I am working on the 27, it's up to y'all. I'm off at 545pm, will need to go relieve the pup and change, and can head out....sooo i can probably get to Rocco's at 8ish (depending on traffic). (I love my Rocco's tacos, but a reason I don't make it there often is the dang commute). So, if 8 is too late we can look at switching depending on y'all's schedule.

Y'all are making a very good case for the golf cart rental ::yes::. I am on the fence about adding the extra expense to an already splurgy trip.......but oh, it does look fun! I might just have to call and see if there's any availability and leave the decision to the Disney Gods :laughing:. If there is, it was meant to be! If not, its my conscience saying Gina, keep your credit card in your wallet :rotfl2:.

Love your wise momma words! Yes, you two are very young to be empty nesters....I am pretty much your age....but it just means more years (and energy) for you to enjoy each phase ahead. :thumbsup2

As a southern girl (suburbs of Atlanta), my favorite part of this post is you using the word y’all.:goodvibes If I drank coffee, I would order some Tim Hortons off amazon right now and make a cup to toast you! :drinking1

Can’t wait to hear if the “powers that be” want you renting a golf cart. :drive:pixiedust:

Praying for safe travels for Jake back to Canada. :goodvibes And thoughts for you all as you wrap up this visit.

Getting oh so close now Gina!!:cheer2:

Looking forward to our dinner & dessert party!:goodvibes

Glad you had a great time with Jake! Yep- it's so hard when you don't see the kids regularly! But as it should be! We want them to grow and live out their dreams! We're excited that we'll spend our Thanksgiving in Ft. Lauderdale this year with Kyle!:)

Gina - Check your car rental! Mine went down $10.00 and I got an email for a free upgrade so I got a Standard (Kia Soul or similar) for $248.00

Looks like a fun weekend you had! My husband LOVES the St Louis Blues. We usually go to a game or two each year. Hockey is a fun sport. I'm still learning the game though.

That being said, I check every day for car rental rates. We currently have a mini van for $394.08 through Costco with Enterprise. 15 day rental. I have a feeling it won't get any better than that but one can hope. :banana:

Just thought I would post an address on the recommended Sweet Tomatoes as it is one of our favourite locations. It and a Target, Flippers, Ross, Dollar Tree, and Ulta are the main stores in the Rolling Oaks Shopping Center
3205 Rolling Oaks Blvd
Kissimmee 34747

It is in a great location, right beside the new Margaritaville Resort and almost across from Orange Lake Resort.

Keep the great trip reports coming Gina! I really look forward to reading each and everyone of them. Count me as a fellow Canuck from K-town who is happily now a Florida Snowbird! :sunny:

Looking at everything right now, I'll probably just attempt to watch my game Friday at home ..it doesn't start til 1030PM :eek:. Because I'll probably passout around half time (like this past week).

I am working on the 27, it's up to y'all. I'm off at 545pm, will need to go relieve the pup and change, and can head out....sooo i can probably get to Rocco's at 8ish (depending on traffic). (I love my Rocco's tacos, but a reason I don't make it there often is the dang commute). So, if 8 is too late we can look at switching depending on y'all's schedule.

We will make whatever works for you, work for us. If Rocco's is a pain to drive to, we can always dine somewhere closer to home if that is easier after a long work day. You name your place, name your time, and its a date! :goodvibes Can't wait to enjoy catching up with you again!

Love your wise momma words! Yes, you two are very young to be empty nesters....I am pretty much your age....but it just means more years (and energy) for you to enjoy each phase ahead. :thumbsup2

As a southern girl (suburbs of Atlanta), my favorite part of this post is you using the word y’all.:goodvibes If I drank coffee, I would order some Tim Hortons off amazon right now and make a cup to toast you! :drinking1
Can’t wait to hear if the “powers that be” want you renting a golf cart. :drive:pixiedust:

Praying for safe travels for Jake back to Canada. :goodvibes And thoughts for you all as you wrap up this visit.

I am working hard to replace my "Eh's" with "Y'all's" :laughing:. Though my "Canadian accent" seems to give me away regardless :rolleyes:. I am always fascinated by how quickly our customers at work can pick out that I'm not from Michigan :confused3.

I have tried repeatedly this week to get through to Disney to inquire about a golf cart, but apparently it's just not meant to be. Both times, I waited more than a hour on hold and never did reach a CM :sad2:. I may give it another try or two over the course of the weekend, but at this late date I am definitely managing my expectations.

We had an absolutely WONDERFUL visit with Jake. I had a good cry when he left.....after such a lovely extended visit, it was extra hard to see him go. But he's safely back home and we are now looking forward to seeing him at Christmas. And I just bought tickets for all of us for the Detroit Pistons/Toronto Raptors game in Detroit in March....so we have another "family game night" to look forward to!
Getting oh so close now Gina!!:cheer2:

Looking forward to our dinner & dessert party!:goodvibes

Glad you had a great time with Jake! Yep- it's so hard when you don't see the kids regularly! But as it should be! We want them to grow and live out their dreams! We're excited that we'll spend our Thanksgiving in Ft. Lauderdale this year with Kyle!:)

We are super excited too! We officially hit the one week mark tomorrow :dogdance:. It can't come soon enough for me, that's for sure!

Tomorrow is 10 DAYS!!!

Getting so close!! :cool1: I haven't started packing yet, though :o ... have you?

Be careful - that's how Disney/Sea world babies come into the world!!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

10z0op.jpg

That's so funny Ruthie. You know though, many a true word was spoken in jest.......:scared1:

tenor.gif

Oh come on now! The only babies that need to be coming into the Bo-Bina household are the Grand kind. But not TOO soon yet, right?

Finally!! Someone who's speaking some sanity!! :worship:

Gina - Check your car rental! Mine went down $10.00 and I got an email for a free upgrade so I got a Standard (Kia Soul or similar) for $248.00

Sadly, not for my dates. But I appreciate the tip! I'll continue to keep watching daily, just in case :thumbsup2.

Looks like a fun weekend you had! My husband LOVES the St Louis Blues. We usually go to a game or two each year. Hockey is a fun sport. I'm still learning the game though.

That being said, I check every day for car rental rates. We currently have a mini van for $394.08 through Costco with Enterprise. 15 day rental. I have a feeling it won't get any better than that but one can hope. :banana:

You have a GREAT price on a mini van, my friend :thumbsup2. I've been seeing that rate (or higher) for ONE week van rentals. My 8 day reservation for an SUV is $250, so your $394 is even better on a per-day basis ::yes::.

Just thought I would post an address on the recommended Sweet Tomatoes as it is one of our favourite locations. It and a Target, Flippers, Ross, Dollar Tree, and Ulta are the main stores in the Rolling Oaks Shopping Center
3205 Rolling Oaks Blvd
Kissimmee 34747

It is in a great location, right beside the new Margaritaville Resort and almost across from Orange Lake Resort.

Keep the great trip reports coming Gina! I really look forward to reading each and everyone of them. Count me as a fellow Canuck from K-town who is happily now a Florida Snowbird! :sunny:

Okay, I'm more than a little jealous!! How long have you been living the southern life? :beach:

I've fallen woefully behind on my trip reporting this last week, so I usually do a much better job than I've been demonstrating recently. This whole working for a living thing sure does get in the way of my internet fun :rolleyes2.

Almost down to a week!!

I started stalking the Orlando weather reports today!! I thought heck, why not drive myself crazy for the next 8 days? :rolleyes: I'm a glutton for punishment!

We are officially down to under 7.5 days.......and I'm not at all ready :rotfl2:. I haven't so much as even pulled out a suitcase yet.....it's been completely nuts here for the last 9 days. Between Jake's visit, putting in a CRAZY amount of time at work (I've worked every day this week, extended hours, and I'm still not caught up on all the stuff going on at the office), fall outdoor cleanup (we've had frost here multiple times, so we've been cutting off our plants for the winter and raking a bazillion leaves for collection), and this pesky sinus infection that just DOES NOT SEEM TO WANT TO GO AWAY :headache:, its been a nuthouse.

I need a vacation :faint:.

The plan is to do as much packing as I can this weekend. I have to work Monday, Tuesday and Thursday next week, and I have a feeling they will try to rope me into giving them a portion of Wednesday as well :rolleyes2. I think they are trying to punish me for leaving them to their own devices for a week :rolleyes:.

I have a hair appointment booked for Thursday after work. I need to stop by the post office to get a hold mail notice, too.

I have a few last minute things to shop for this weekend, but those items are pretty minimal. A few snacks for the plane, a stockpile of cat food for the two fluffballs, that kind of thing. We try to eat out of our fridge and freezer before we go so our pre-vacation shopping trips generally consist of only a few necessities among the last minute travel items.

I still have to call SeaWorld to see if they can move our Sea Lion tour from Thursday to Sunday. I'll still try to get through to Disney to see if I can snag a golf cart rental. I'm still watching car rental rates just in case there's a late dip in prices......and I'm keeping an eye on Groupon in the event that there's an offer for something fun that I just can't pass up. Otherwise.....

images

......we are just counting down.

And watching the weather.

funny-weather-cat-720x360.gif

Less than

kerrang-tour-8.jpg

Do you have to go to the post office to pick up a form? I have always scheduled our mail holds through their website.

Our local post office won’t let u schedule he hold only, but we are a small rural town

Yes - I am 80% packed - we had to do laundry for Sam for his army weekend which is this weekend so we did it all at once!

I. Working on putting together the travel baggies of bygone stuff - glad we will use most of that up so we don’t have to worry about it coming back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter