(Sea)Lions & Gators & Dolphins….Oh, My! A Halloween PTR/TR with a “wild” theme - Oct/Nov '18

Hi Gina-

First of all I have to say that I absolutely love reading your TRs. These long Canadian winters (I live on the East Coast- the "real" East Coast, past Montreal! :rotfl2:) can really do a number on a person, and your trip reports give me hope that there are places where snow does *not* exist!

Second of all, I'm so glad that your reports are so detailed. I do have a question about *getting* to Orlando; you mentioned that your hubby is a bigger/taller guy. Direct flights aside...would you say that Southwest or Frontier met his needs better? We will probably be flying out of Portland, ME, and Southwest and Frontier seem to have the best fares. I just don't want my poor hubby (he's just about at 6'4", and by the look of him, about the same build as Steve) to be uncomfortable for 5-6 hours. :crowded: Another option is Allegiant out of Bangor, ME, but they fly into Sanford. Our trip is still very much in the planning stages, but I like to be prepared!

I was surprised how spacious Allegiant seats are. But I still would choose SWA over the other 2 just because if something goes wrong on SWA you have a prayer of getting rebooked in a reasonable amount of time (even on another airline if it is due to SWA control). The other 2 younare at the mercy of their equipment and schedule.

(I only booked Allegiant on the first leg of my trip, and SWA home. That way if I don’t get there, I can cancel my return and still have the credit on SWA for later use).

Last edited:
I brought my own mask/snorkel, and it was fine (which was good, as I use a prescription mask)

I second your suggestion for steak n shake. It's super cheap and very good. Right now they have a 4 for $4. You can get a triple burger, double cheeseburger, or chicken tenders with fries, plus another side like chili, and a chocolate chip cookie!

I second your suggestion for steak n shake. It's super cheap and very good. Right now they have a 4 for $4. You can get a triple burger, double cheeseburger, or chicken tenders with fries, plus another side like chili, and a chocolate chip cookie!

Love Steak & Shake! I just purchased a special deal on Amazon- $50 Gift card for $40!! That'll keep us fed for a while!!

:love::love::love: the flamingo parade. Loving the pictures of warmth and NO SNOW where the weather is NOT - 40 :cold: :sad1: We have only had 2 days so far in February where we haven't it go below - 10...and that's during the day!!!! Today it's actually -4 C and I feel like I should break out the shorts and flip flops. We are going back down to -20's again tomorrow and over the weekend again. Oh well. Winter will end one day.

Discovery cove...all I can say is wow, wow wow. Some day we will get there.

My husband and I were lucky enough to see the flamingo parade the last time we were at Sea World - I loved it! Someone told us if you crouched down, the flamingos would come over and 'groom' you - and they did! So amazing!

359TcTx.jpg

Hi Gina I am back and catching up! I am enjoying this and getting so excited for our trip. I would love to see the flamingo parade, it looks awesome!! Trying to decide whether to do a tour or not. I am looking at the animal ambassador tour it looks good and is a little shorter and cheaper. I think Liv would love that it is rescued animals. I can't wait to read more of the trip!

Hi everyone, just dropping in for a short update. My apologies for being away from the report for so long...we've had a ton of things going on that have kept me otherwise occupied for the last two weeks. I had planned to get back at the report this weekend, but sadly we have had a death in the family today (Steve's father), so we are headed back to Canada for at least the next several days.

I promise to finish this at some point. Please bear with me.

So sorry for your family’s loss. I hope that you find comfort in being together in the coming days and some smiles and laughter through the tears. Sending prayers for Steve’s dad and all who grieve his death.

My condolences to you, Steve and your families. Losing a parent is hard. Gods blessings to you all

Hi Gina I am so sorry for you and Steve and your family! Thoughts and prayers are with you! Have a safe trip back home!

Oh Gina, I'm so sorry to hear about Steve's dad. It's so painful to lose a parent. Y'all are in my thoughts and prayers❤

Gina, I am very sorry to hear about the loss of Steve's father. I will be thinking about you guys and praying for your comfort and strength.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!