• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sea Turtles.

kenna987

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever experienced Sea Turtles at Vero Beach? Is there any sort of activities or anything involving Sea Turtles? If so, which time of year is best for viewing and experiencing the turtles?

We did a turtle walk from the Sebastian Inlet St Park in June this year, 10 min from the resort. Check out the Archie Carr National Wildlife Refuge website. It runs Friday thru weds in June and July. We saw 4 turtles that night, 2 were laying their eggs within 15 yards of each other. The other 2were false crawls and the turtles returned to the ocean without laying eggs. The Disney resort also has a lottery for a similar walk that you can try for. Google Archie Carr WLR, go to sea turtle programs, for more details on their website. It was free but you need a reservation.

You can also rent the ocean kayak at the resort. My husband and daughters did this. They saw a lot of turtles while on the kayak. The cost was $20 for DVC, $25 non DVC.

There's another place referenced on the Archie Carr website, you can check out that as well. Have a great time, Vero is a whole lot of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter