Sea World at Christmas was amazing!

seven dwarfs

DIS Veteran
My family decided to take a break from Disney and bought platinum tickets to Bush Gardens/Sea world on black Friday for a great price. (We bought from the Williamsburg VA park so the rewards can be used there, and I can confirm you can use them the first time at any park) My husband and I used them for Christmas Town in Williamsburg which was wonderful. The park is decorated so nice, the music is pipes throughout and it's awesome. The shows are amazing. Would go back again in a heartbeat.

We then used them at Bush Gardens Tampa and Sea World Christmas week in Florida. Bush Gardens Tampa was just ok. The decorations were not great and the shows were just so so. The timings of the shows were weird and there were not many times shown during the day. The employees acted as if they wish they were not there. It was very cold so maybe that was part of it. It is strange to see how different the parks are when owned by the same company. Williamsburg is so much better, in my family's opinion. The decor, the people, the food and the shows are all amazing.

Sea World was awesome. It has been many years since I have been and I do struggle with animal captivity. Just my personal concerns. I feel like Sea World was so much better this visit. First the park was decorated so nice. The Christmas spirit is in every inch of the park. They do a wonderful job. All of the employees we encountered were pleasurable. The shows were so good. Every single one of them. The animal conservation is just so neat. The manatees especially were so interesting to learn about. We ended the night with the ice skating show and as soon as it was over, the fireworks started. It really was a great time. My boys were so impressed and I think they worried as they are Disney fanatics. Just wanted to put it out there in case anyone was thinking about going.

It was a nice break from Disney. We also enjoyed exploring the area outside of the Disney bubble. Who knew how massive Florida really is? Mt. Dora, Winter Garden are such lovely areas. Hopefully we will be able to visit Disney another time in the future when things settle down.

We bought the Black Friday deal, too, for Williamsburg. I don't know why I didn't get the SeaWorld upgrade since we got the high level Williamsburg tickets! Glad it was great!

We bought the Black Friday deal, too, for Williamsburg. I don't know why I didn't get the SeaWorld upgrade since we got the high level Williamsburg tickets! Glad it was great!

They may allow you to upgrade for a small fee. You could always stop at the customer service desk and ask if you think you would use it. It was so worth it for us. I was nervous. My kids were too because right before they left they started asking about going to Disney. I panicked. We are definitely Disney people but wanted a break. The free parking alone was worth it. We also have gotten some neat perks. During Christmas town a free hot chocolate with each visit and also a $10 free voucher to use per person. We used ours to purchase some bottles of wine. I had no clue about these perks!! I feel like it was such a great deal before the perks.

We hope to go to Williamsburg for Mardi Gras this month if the weather holds out. I hope to try the new Speak Easy as well. (new to us) Hopefully you get to go and enjoy it as well!

The night we were going to Christmas Town was icky weather so we haven't been since we got our passes. We are only 45 miles away from Williamsburg so we've gone in the past, but now DD11 has a friend 45 minutes on the other side who can meet her there. I will check on the upgrade.

We like SeaWorld and usually do it on the way to WDW before we check in at Disney.

I think SW does Christmas the best out of all the parks
I agree! I’ve been making a longish solo trip in December to experience all of the Christmas doings for around 5-6 years. Now that we have grandchildren I’ll be cutting back so that I don’t miss all of their Christmas pageants, recitals, etc. I decided that I can give up Disney and Universal but am planning a sneaky SeaWorld visit next December. 9B0A6020-D47F-4E21-AD1C-0812E9A7B167.jpeg7216BC1C-1F92-46BB-9BFD-724D8BA87E13.jpeg94ECF13F-1424-4589-A50C-C651751B33D1.jpeg1EC7C718-F60D-4D50-9E3F-CD452A352046.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter