Sea World - Black Friday Sale - Fun Pass

hayesdvc

DIS Veteran
As DVC members, Wife and I want to go to Sea World to enjoy all the Christmas festivities the first two weeks of December.

I know nothing about Sea World so when I look at the tickets I see the Fun Pass. Does this pass makes sense based on the current sale versus just days tickets?

TIA

Yes, The Fun Card is almost certainly worth it if you plan on going at least twice any time between now and the end of 2023. We just went to Sea World for the first time on a disney trip two weeks ago and did fun cards (at that same "black friday" price through my union's memberdeals).
Edit; Just noticed you said christmas, there are blackout dates for the fun card. Make sure you look at them. It's not all of Christmas Week though.

These are the Fun Card Blackout Dates:

December 25, 29, 30, 31

2023 Blockout dates:
SeaWorld Orlando: February 18, March 11, 18, April 8, July 1, 2, 3, 8, 15, 22, 29, August 5, September 2, October 21, 28, December 24, 28, 29, 30
Aquatica Orlando: April 8, May 27, 28, June 17, 24, July 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 15, 22, 29, August 5

Seaworld Christmas is great, but they also have a good concert series during Seven Seas Food Festival, which makes the Fun Cards even more worth it. We stayed at SSR last March and went over to Seaworld a couple times that week. The only negative is the $30 Seaworld parking, unless you have an annual pass with parking privelleges or take public transit or ride share.

We did the Black Friday Fun Card sale last year and got both last Christmas and this Christmas season out of it.

We have now purchased the Fund Pass. Since Wife and I mostly want to see the Christmas shows, it appears they only have the Seaworld Christmas Celebration on certain dates. Right? When we go, is it worth us to do any of the "Addons" they offer.

We have now purchased the Fund Pass. Since Wife and I mostly want to see the Christmas shows, it appears they only have the Seaworld Christmas Celebration on certain dates. Right? When we go, is it worth us to do any of the "Addons" they offer.
We plan on going now on a Friday. What are our must do’s? We are not interested in any animal shows (if they are in this park rather than their other one).
TIA

We plan on going now on a Friday. What are our must do’s? We are not interested in any animal shows (if they are in this park rather than their other one).
TIA
You might want to reconsider the animal shows, they are probably the best part of the park. Specifically the Sea Lion comedy show (twice a day I think) and the Orca show (every day at noon) are not to be missed.

What are our must do’s?
Manta, if you like unique coaster types.
Mako, for just a fun awesome coaster.
Infinity Falls, if warm enough, for a raft ride with neat unique elements (you may get semi wet or very wet).

I agree with @AnnaKristoff2013 RE the orca show, it is really good & not something you can really see elsewhere. Wild Arctic is a must see animal exhibit, with the belugas & walruses.

We just bought the Black Friday Fun card because we wanted to visit during Christmas time, it was so worth the price, even as parking is now $30 ( it had been at least 8 years since we went ) it will pay for itself after only 3 visits.

We'll be there on December 10th

We just bought the Black Friday Fun card because we wanted to visit during Christmas time, it was so worth the price, even as parking is now $30 ( it had been at least 8 years since we went ) it will pay for itself after only 3 visits.

We'll be there on December 10th
You don’t get free parking with the fun card. But I agree, it pays for itself very quickly versus day ticket pricing.

You don’t get free parking with the fun card. But I agree, it pays for itself very quickly versus day ticket pricing.
I meant despite the $30 parking , the fun pass will still pay for itself. We were there Saturday and there were so many changes since we last went that it almost felt like a completely different park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter