Sea World closing early

jimmykitefan

Mouseketeer
How often do they close early because of weather? Is it just because of rain or do they close because of cool temps? We have all day dining and will be going to SeaWorld this Wednesday and it may only be in the 50s.

In the 30 years I have been going to SW, I have only known them to close early twice.

They closed at 1pm both the 11th, and 12th, 2001. That was a very hectic and confusing time in Orlando.

And one other time there was a hurricaine out there somewhere.

Frankly, I think you will be fine.

Well, they closed early yesterday, Jan 27th, because of rain. They did this a couple of weeks ago ,as well for rain.

I have only seen them close early due to rain.

They may close certain things or some things may open late due to the cold. For instance I understand that roller coasters need a certain minimum temperature in order to operate. I have seen them open up late when it was cold in the morning, but they did open up later in the day.

I am guessing there may be some crazy low temperature when they might shut down, or when few enough people would be in the park that they might close early. But I don't think 50's would be low enough for that. It might even be a good day to be in the park from an attendance stand, since the cooler weather may keep people away.

It was probably a mix of the rain (which was HEAVY) and the cold weather. Cold weather alone shouldn't close the park

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter