Sea world & Discovery Cove in January

MelSettle

Earning My Ears
We have four kids and decided a long time ago to take each one of our kids on a special trip on their 10th birthday alone. My kids crave one on one time and we thought this would be a great way to celebrate double digits for each of them. My oldest daughter chose Disney and we had an amazing trip with her a few years ago.

Now, my 2nd oldest daughter will be turning 10 in January and she wants to swim with the dolphins at Discovery Cove and visit Sea World. Is this do-able in January or will it be too cold? I think I could convince her to wait a few months after her birthday if needed but if it’s possible I would prefer to take her on her actual birthday. Thanks so much!

"The temperature of our pools remains constant throughout the year. The fresh water Serenity Bay, Freshwater Oasis and Wind-Away River are maintained around 85-86 F (30 C). The salt water Dolphin Lagoon and The Grand Reef® is maintained around 76-77 F (25 C). "

air temp is a different story ... I live in the area ... it could be 80 and it could be 40 ..... no way to predict months in advance ....

do you feel lucky?

wetsuits are provided at no extra cost

Meh -- I'd do it. We're doing it in late December. We decided to chance it. But, we've also done water rides at Christmas in Missouri -- in FREEZING weather. We are crazy. LOL

If it's a one on one experience with your child, it should be okay. Even in late March, the air made it a little unpleasant to walk around wet but a 10 year old should be able to cope.

I would go in January for the actual birthday month

Turning double digits is a big event for a child!

That trip will always be a special memory for both of you

Thanks everyone! We decided to go for it in January! Booked everything today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!