Sea World one day ticket question

travelbug

DIS Veteran
In early December, my sister and I will be staying on Disney property since I'm a DVC owner. We will not be doing Disney parks this time, but we are planning on a one day visit to Sea World. She's never been, and it's been many years since I've been there. We thought we'd try something different, plus I've heard that the Christmas decorations there are awesome.

I was originally thinking we would just play it by ear and buy tickets at the gate on whatever day we decide to go. (They don't require advance reservations like WDW does, right?) But I was just poking around Undercover Tourist, and I see that they're offering free all day dining with the purchase of a one day ticket. So now I'm thinking maybe we should get our tickets ahead of time, since free dining seems like a nice freebie.

My question is whether a better deal on one day tickets is likely to roll around if we wait to purchase. We are only planning to go for one day, so any multi-day ticket specials would not be for us. Is there any down side to snapping up the advance UT tickets with free dining?

Thanks for any thoughts you may have for me. We are excited to try Sea World on this trip!

My only recent Sea World ticket buying experience was in July. I looked online the night before I wanted to go to the park. I was going to get a one-day ticket but they were having a sale; a Fun Pass good for unlimited visits for the rest of the year was $111.16 including taxes and fees. I decided to get that, and I did end of going to Sea World twice. I think a one-day ticket would have been just a few dollars less.

It looks like right now the Sea World website has 1-day "anyday" tickets as well as tickets for which you choose the date in advance. The dated tickets are cheaper.

If you're going to buy at the gate, you can buy on your phone instead and not have to wait in line when you get there. You download the ticket to your phone and they scan your phone at the gate.

I can't give you advice about whether to buy now or wait. I would say to compare the price on the Sea World website to the price on the Undercover Tourist website, to make sure you really are getting a good deal. One website might be having a current special which is better than the other website.

Also check out the Sea World page on https://www.mousesavers.com/florida-discounts-deals/seaworld-orlando-discounts-and-deals/
One of the things it says is this:
Have some time before you need your tickets? Undercover Tourist offers its best deals on tickets exclusively for MouseSavers Newsletter subscribers. These special prices are not available to the general public and are not published here on MouseSavers.com. They are provided ONLY through a “secret” link in the [MouseSavers] monthly newsletter. They also run special sales on a few tickets in a Hot Deals newsletter once per month and they frequently include SeaWorld tickets. If you want to see those special sales you’ll want to subscribe to the Hot Deals alerts as well.
  • Subscribe to the FREE MouseSavers Newsletter. The newsletter comes out on the 15th of each month (or the next business day) and we do not send out the “secret” link separately from the newsletter, so please plan ahead.
Mousesavers mentions other discounts as well. If you're going to do a grocery stop when you get to Orlando, consider this from Mousesavers:
Publix supermarkets in Orlando carry discounted SeaWorld Orlando tickets. If you live near a Publix in Florida [or are going to a Publix while you are in town], be sure to check the gift card display for any current ticket offers.

My only recent Sea World ticket buying experience was in July. I looked online the night before I wanted to go to the park. I was going to get a one-day ticket but they were having a sale; a Fun Pass good for unlimited visits for the rest of the year was $111.16 including taxes and fees. I decided to get that, and I did end of going to Sea World twice. I think a one-day ticket would have been just a few dollars less.

It looks like right now the Sea World website has 1-day "anyday" tickets as well as tickets for which you choose the date in advance. The dated tickets are cheaper.

If you're going to buy at the gate, you can buy on your phone instead and not have to wait in line when you get there. You download the ticket to your phone and they scan your phone at the gate.

I can't give you advice about whether to buy now or wait. I would say to compare the price on the Sea World website to the price on the Undercover Tourist website, to make sure you really are getting a good deal. One website might be having a current special which is better than the other website.

Also check out the Sea World page on https://www.mousesavers.com/florida-discounts-deals/seaworld-orlando-discounts-and-deals/
One of the things it says is this:
Have some time before you need your tickets? Undercover Tourist offers its best deals on tickets exclusively for MouseSavers Newsletter subscribers. These special prices are not available to the general public and are not published here on MouseSavers.com. They are provided ONLY through a “secret” link in the [MouseSavers] monthly newsletter. They also run special sales on a few tickets in a Hot Deals newsletter once per month and they frequently include SeaWorld tickets. If you want to see those special sales you’ll want to subscribe to the Hot Deals alerts as well.
  • Subscribe to the FREE MouseSavers Newsletter. The newsletter comes out on the 15th of each month (or the next business day) and we do not send out the “secret” link separately from the newsletter, so please plan ahead.
Mousesavers mentions other discounts as well. If you're going to do a grocery stop when you get to Orlando, consider this from Mousesavers:
Publix supermarkets in Orlando carry discounted SeaWorld Orlando tickets. If you live near a Publix in Florida [or are going to a Publix while you are in town], be sure to check the gift card display for any current ticket offers.
Wow, Best Aunt, thank you so much! This is so much great information. I really appreciate your help!

Fun Pass good for unlimited visits for the rest of the year was $111.16 including taxes and fees.
Just doublechecking this - you paid $111.16 INCLUDING taxes and fees? Was this for 2022 or 2023 fun card? Because right now, I'm seeing the fun card at $125.99 not counting taxes/fees, (But for a 2023 fun card good from now thru 12/23). Many thanks!

My card is only good through the end of 2022. I bought it at the end of July. But yes that's what I paid.

Reactions: shh
I would wait until a few months before when the holiday shows schedule will be released. Some years they have had a holiday show reserved seating package you could buy that might have included dining as well can’t remember as they did not offer it last year and if not might have some special and you can also pay for parking ahead of time as well.

I would wait until a few months before when the holiday shows schedule will be released. Some years they have had a holiday show reserved seating package you could buy that might have included dining as well can’t remember as they did not offer it last year and if not might have some special and you can also pay for parking ahead of time as well.
That's a good tip about watching for the holiday show schedule, and any related specials. I haven't seen anything so far about paying for parking in advance, but I'll have to check that out. Assuming it is cheaper to prepay for parking?

Thanks so much, CynBeth, for your help!

I don’t know if it is cheaper to pay for parking in advance but we like preferred which I believe is limited. You can find it under add ons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter