Sea World Reservation System

I briefly spoke to a DC guest services person, before being place on hold AGAIN, and she told me that DC guests are not required to have SW park reservations. However, I absolutely would not feel comfortable just showing up because it was by word-of-mouth and not in writing, but this type of misinformation could really screw up someone's day.
ETA: According to the Sea World website's FAQs:
I am a guest with a Discovery Cove reservation – how can I use my admission to Aquatica and SeaWorld?
Guests can make a reservation online at the park of their choice using the barcode on their Discovery Cove lanyard.

Last edited:
I briefly spoke to a DC guest services person, before being place on hold AGAIN, and she told me that DC guests are not required to have SW park reservations. However, I absolutely would not feel comfortable just showing up because it was by word-of-mouth and not in writing, but this type of misinformation could really screw up someone's day.
ETA: According to the Sea World website's FAQs:
I am a guest with a Discovery Cove reservation – how can I use my admission to Aquatica and SeaWorld?
Guests can make a reservation online at the park of their choice using the barcode on their Discovery Cove lanyard.

I used my DC + 2 parks pass and reserved two days. I think you'll need a reservation. Will they still let you in? Maybe, but not worth the time at guest services or, worse, being turned away.

I used my DC + 2 parks pass and reserved two days. I think you'll need a reservation. Will they still let you in? Maybe, but not worth the time at guest services or, worse, being turned away.
After waiting on hold for over 5 hours to change my DC date, I was told by a second employee that their reservations manager told them SW reservations do not need to be made for DC package holders. I read a few lines from SW's reservation page & guidelines, and she seemed very surprised. I have reservations for 2 days, but it seems as though they're telling DC guests that they aren't needed.

We went Monday, got a reservation slot while standing in front of the park. Online was much cheaper than their gate price so we ended up buying it online and added the express pass. A decent amount of the food locations weren't open. All of that may be different on the weekend though, just our experience.

We went Monday, got a reservation slot while standing in front of the park. Online was much cheaper than their gate price so we ended up buying it online and added the express pass. A decent amount of the food locations weren't open. All of that may be different on the weekend though, just our experience.
How was the Quick Queue pass? This is our first time going (early July) and debated if it was necessary. I noticed the Quick Queue+Priority seating offers less rides supported than the standard Quick Queue.

Any idea how many dates/reservations you are permitted to have at one time?

How was the Quick Queue pass? This is our first time going (early July) and debated if it was necessary. I noticed the Quick Queue+Priority seating offers less rides supported than the standard Quick Queue.
We didn't use the priority seating pass, just the rides quick queue. For shows we saw the orca show and got seats next to the priority section, but we were about 30 minutes early so it wasn't full at all when we walked in. For the quick pass - the lines for Mako were around 40 min and Manta 60. Kraken was around 20 minutes. We walked on to Mako and Kraken and took maybe 10-15 minutes to get on Manta. Rode those 3 twice. It looks like one row reserved for quick queue for each train that goes off. We thought it was worth it for the 2 of us, but I'm not thinking we'll do it when we have our kids with us and are doing a more show-oriented day.

After waiting on hold for over 5 hours to change my DC date, I was told by a second employee that their reservations manager told them SW reservations do not need to be made for DC package holders. I read a few lines from SW's reservation page & guidelines, and she seemed very surprised. I have reservations for 2 days, but it seems as though they're telling DC guests that they aren't needed.

I was also told (through a DCO-Guest Relations email) that DC package holders don't need to reserve Aquatica or SW... But, like you, I don't 100% trust this information since it contradicts their website.

I will be interested to see if anyone has tried getting into SW with only their DC tickets, and if it worked. That sure would have saved me HOURS of trying to get through to a SW representative on the phone to make our reservations!

I don't think there's a limit (I've booked pretty much every weekend between now and Dec)
That’s great! I think I’m doing something wrong. I’ve only gotten “tickets” for my first reservation via email.

Apologies if this is already specified somewhere...

Poked around on the website and couldn’t find where I could confirm the dates I thought I booked.

Guessing I’m missing something, or my other reservations didn’t go thru.

How can one check if reservations for a date are full before buying tickets? We want to go 10/31 and plan to buy tickets in 2 weeks (so around 9/18). We want to go specifically on 10/31 and don't want to buy tickets if that day is full. I tried searching for this answer but didn't find it. Thank you!

YMMV But from my experience and talking to some other guests at the Flamecraft bar who go just about every day they aren't checking reservations and just showing up is fine. Aquatica has hit capacity a few times but I don't believe SW has yet.

okay, I am confused re:SW reservations with Discovery Cove admission....both of these questions appear on the SW FAQ page....🤨

Discovery Cove guests must make Aquatica or SeaWorld reservations on the respective park websites. The guest can use their Discovery Cove reservation confirmation/admission voucher from the time of booking, or the barcode on their Discovery Cove lanyard.

I am a guest with a Discovery Cove reservation that includes access to Aquatica, SeaWorld or Busch Gardens – how do I reserve my day at the other parks?

Discovery Cove offers various packages that include visits to SeaWorld & Aquatica, and/or Busch Gardens Tampa. Guests that have already purchased a Discovery Cove reservation that includes additional parks, do NOT have to make additional reservations for those parks. The guest can simply use their Discovery Cove reservation confirmation/admission voucher from the time of booking, or the barcode on their Discovery Cove lanyard and proceed directly to the turnstiles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter