Sea World Trip report (picture heavy!)

iheartdisney

DIS Veteran
Hi All! JUst wanted to share! We took a day trip down to Sea World on Sunday, 11/18. Just posting now because we were in Vegas for Thanksgiving.
We didn't do any of the shows or feedings (my kids are a bit too young for that yet, I think)My kids are almost 4, almost 3, and 9 months. They had a BLAST!! Loved, it, loved it. There was enough there to do, without being bored, and without hurrying. It was a perfect day, not too hot, not crowded, at all!
We arrived at the park arond 11:30, and went to the left, the otters the first thing to see.
Picture003-1.jpg

They were very playful.
Then onto the dolphins, and they were very cooperative with the camera:
Picture008.jpg

Thats the money shot!
The themeing was excellent in the park, I caught this little detail hiding in the sidewalk:
Picture014.jpg

The tide pool was alot of fun, DD loved the Seastars (I don't know why they aren't starfish anymore?) WARNING: The water in there is VERY cold!
Picture021.jpg

Then we went in the Aqurium, where they have Nemo and his friends up front and center!
Picture026.jpg

Dad took the kiddos for a ride in the Sky Buckets, while I fed the baby on the ground. Why? There were only 4 per bucket, so we would have been split up anyway. Just to let you know, in case you have a family of 5 or more. It was $3 per person, I believe, except for the not-quite-3, was free.
Picture039.jpg

The Manatee rescue, which are so sweet- they were eating thier salad when we got there. A Tip for veiwing the large tank-type animals- walk all the way to the end for veiwing- when you first walk in, everyone bunches up to see, not realizing that you get the same view at the end!
Picture063.jpg

Next came the sharks- another tip- go in the manatee building first, as the exit is next to the entrance to the sharks. otherwise, you have to walk around the buiding twice. There are lots of small sharks to see, then as you keep walking down, you go through a tunnel through the middl of the tank, so you have sharks swimming around and on top of you. This was probably my son's favorite part!
Picture056.jpg

This was as close as we got to the penguins that day, DH was very upset about that!
Picture067.jpg

Then we headed to the Wild Arctic.
Picture068.jpg

If you need to get out of the sun, cool off, this is the place to go! We couldn't go on the simulator ride with the little oneswhich takes you into the exhibit, but they had a still theatre playing the simulator movie. Great touch for those with little ones! We sat on the benches and pretended we were flying! The themeing in here was awesome, that's why there are so many pictures.
Picture077.jpg

The Polar Bear seemed very tired
Picture078.jpg

some of the "atmosphere pictures": and anchor crashing through the wall
Picture080.jpg

carvings in the side of the boat info about arctic exploration:
Picture081.jpg

There was also a set of bear caves the kids had a blast chasing each other around in, and a wall of ice, showing how cold it was outside.
Here are the Buluga whales, from the underwater veiwing.
Picture087.jpg

Picture090.jpg

After we came out of the Arctic, we headed over to the Hospitality Center. Here you can get free samples of the Busch product of your choice. (I think this was DH's favorite part!)
Picture093.jpg

And DD had to see the horses!
Picture100.jpg

They were all in the pens though, none roaming except this little guy...
Picture096.jpg

Remember the commercial about the little guy who wanted to be a Clydsdale?
We finished up with a romp in Shamu's happy harbor- let me warn you, you will definately get a work out running through all of the nets. if your kids are really small, its not the kind of thing you can just let them run in. Its not enclosed in any way, and there are several play ares, and several outlets. So it would be impossible to watch them from the ground the whole time.
Picture106.jpg

That's when the camera battery died, and we called it a day.

The food was reasonable and good, and the kids meal came in a little plastic Shamu shaped box. (dd calls it her whale purse!) The pink cotton candy has a weird fruity flavor, not like pink cotton candy. And the Churros were awesome.
There were two seperate nursing stations at seperate ends of the park, which I loved, as DL has only the one up front.
And one extra touch for the ladies- the "girly things"in the bathrooms are free in a basket, no quarters required.
All in all, A very fun day!

Great pictures, thank you!

I know I'm late chiming in, but I do have to say, next time you go, see the Pets Rule show! My guy wasn't even 2.5 when we went, and he LOVED it. He tolerated Shamu and the dolphin show (it helped that his fave uncle was there to show him how to be "cool" instead of fidgeting), but the Pets show was wonderful!!!

Just so ya know. :D

I don't know what's up with the penguins...they weren't there when we were there Oct of '06, and I hear they still aren't there. (actually there were some penguins outside of the building, but the inside was closed)

We're planning to see the shows with our grandaughter and she's been checking books out of the library on sharks, seals, whales, penguins, polar bears and other animals she might see.

She will love the sharks and I think they have feeding the dolphins too and we can't wait to go.

Thanks for the awesome pictures - I can't wait to show her what she'll see in a couple of months!

I so need to take my boy to Sea World. He loves aquatic life. I'm planning it soon. Thanks for the photos!

We were at Sea World a week ago today and had a great time.

We fed the dolphins and could pet them too. Saw the otters, mantees, sharks (twice since Savanna loves them but was disappointed that there are no great white sharks) saw the turtles and 4 shows - Shamu, dolphins, Pet's Rule and the Sea Lion show.

The dolphins was my favorite but Savanna loved the Sea Lion show. Pet's Rule was awesome (trained cats?) and the way the trainers dive right into the water with the killer whales is incredible.

We had some snacks there and lunch at Papaya Petes or something over by the Sea Lion show arena and my fajita salad was great!

We rode on a couple of rides and saw the horses and it was all fun and a great day. Wear your pancho on the rides and in the front row of the shows. I'd also advise crocs or sandals so you don't have to walk about in wet tennis shoes and socks all day.

Once I have my photos downloaded, I'll post some in a little trip report.

Thanks for the great reports and pics! We're headed there this Summer and can't wait.

BTW, I'm sure someone out there is laughing about the free girly things - but nothing worse than being stuck with no change!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter