Sean and Mommy's Sept 2017 WDW trip...aka "Best trip ever!" COMPLETE!

I would venture that you got MORE slush in that cup vs the fancy one. So basically....MORE WINNING.

Right?! Plus it was a million billion degrees so I really didn't care what the delivery mechanism was ;)

I seriously can not wait until Food and Wine! Your F&W dinner (and breakfast/lunch?) looks like the perfect meal!

I LOVE Food & Wine! So much fun to walk around and graze :)

Cute character pictures from Tusker House! It's one of our favourites!

Thanks! We really enjoyed it and will definitely go back!

slush-2-jpg.341882

That is the beloved Grey Goose slush, even though it’s in a normal cup. The CM who served it to me said they were out of the fancy cups because of the hurricane the week before. At the time this made perfect sense, though now I’m not so sure? o_O
Can you believe I've never had one of these? Though I must say it looks like you get more in this cup than the fancy one.

At this point Sean asked for yet another ice cream cone. When I told him it wasn’t even noon yet and he hadn’t eaten any “real” lunch, he very observantly pointed out that I was *drinking* my lunch.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: He's definitely got your number!

th-dessert-jpg.341883

Sorry for the total fail! I know I was starving when we got there (um, liquid lunch) and we must have just hit the buffet hard and never looked back
Come on, you can admit it, this is all you gave Shawn for dinner :P

I am guessing we did one or more of the following:

1. Hung out in our room and watched TV.

2. Hung out on the balcony and drank wine.

3. Ate popcorn and/or ice cream and/or some other junk food while doing one or both of the above.

So there you have it, a mostly food-free account of our Epcot/AK day. I have no idea why I failed so badly at documenting what we did that day. I’d like to tell you that I redeemed myself after that, but you’ll have to stay tuned to find out… :-)
Let's hope only one of you did #2 :P

And you failed at documenting because you were in the moment having the best trip ever with your kid. We should all be so lucky !

What a fun trip!

I love solo trips with my kids (most of mine lately were with just me and my youngest; last trip this spring was me and both "kids" which I put in parentheses since oldest is now 21 and legal, and like me loves Sauvignon Blanc).

My next trip is the first one in over 20 years that will be just DH and me! We're finally going to make it to F&W next month. I never went since I'm a SAHM (or was, LOL) and not that I never took them out of school, but never did for that.

Congrats on losing 30 pounds - you look simply amazing! And I love your outfits too. I usually wear sundresses in the heat, but love the skirts you wear.

Headed to F&W next month and after reading your review, thinking of scrapping our plans and just eating our way around the world from the food booths!

What a perfect trip! I keep thinking about going to Disney with just my son (7). It's not nearly the same because he's an only child, but he's done a lot of traveling with just his father and very little with just me.

Yikes, sorry for disappearing. As you may have seen we have been having crazy weather here in the midwest and lots of flooding in the Madison area, which is where I live. I actually lost my brand new car in the flooding but am hopefully getting a new one next week! Anyway, where did I leave off...

Day Seven-Friday, September 22, 2017 (Part One)

Ah yes, so after our mystery meal at Tusker House and lovely evening at AK, today was a rest/non-park day before our Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party that night. We slept in and then drove over to the Poly for a new to us experience…breakfast at ‘Ohana! We were especially excited about this since we were going to MNSSHP dressed as Lilo and Stitch, and I had decorated two of our MagicBands accordingly.

After we got our autograph and picture taken with Stitch…

stitch one.JPG

stitch two.JPG

…we had to wait for quite a while, which didn’t really make sense to me since it was just the two of us. They kept taking in larger parties while we stood and waited. Once we finally made our way in it was well past our 10:35 a.m. ADR. Almost 45 minutes past, in fact. It wasn’t a huge deal since we didn’t have anywhere else to be, but the wait was kind of a drag. :rolleyes2

Naturally we had an awesome table with a view of the Lava Pool and MK in the distance:

poly view.JPG

Our server was good, very friendly and prompt. We quickly received our bread and fruit plates:

bread fruit.JPG

And then the characters started coming around. Lilo was appropriately super impressed with our MagicBands:

lilo.JPG

Mickey and Pluto were also awesome here! Here's Seany with them both--he even got a hug from the Big Cheese himself:

mickey one.JPG

mickey two.JPG

pluto.JPG

After the characters, we received our platter of food:

platter.JPG

Do you think they gave us enough? Good grief! I wish I’d realized just how much food there would be, I would have asked them to cut way back on the potatoes and sausage since neither of us really wanted any of either. We both had eggs and fruit. Sean ate the waffles and I ate the ham. I’m not normally a big ham fan but I wanted some extra protein and this was actually pretty good. Not sure we even touched the biscuits. I tried to get Sean to try the bread but he just wasn’t interested. We of course loved the juice. Mine was especially good after I poured a mini bottle of vodka into it. Don’t judge, we were on vacation!

We enjoyed this meal but ended up leaving so much food…ugh, so wasteful. You'd think with the dozens of 'Ohana reviews I've read here on the boards I would have known what to expect, but I guess I just assumed that for one relatively petite woman and an 8 year old kid they would have scaled things back a bit. Anyway, the food wasn’t anything particularly special but we absolutely loved the characters and the fun atmosphere of the restaurant, and of course the view of the Poly and MK was beautiful! :goodvibes

Up next...more resort and pool time, the only real rain of our trip, and MNSSHP!

What a fun trip!

I love solo trips with my kids (most of mine lately were with just me and my youngest; last trip this spring was me and both "kids" which I put in parentheses since oldest is now 21 and legal, and like me loves Sauvignon Blanc).

My next trip is the first one in over 20 years that will be just DH and me! We're finally going to make it to F&W next month. I never went since I'm a SAHM (or was, LOL) and not that I never took them out of school, but never did for that.

Congrats on losing 30 pounds - you look simply amazing! And I love your outfits too. I usually wear sundresses in the heat, but love the skirts you wear.

F&W is so much fun, I hope you enjoy it! And thanks for the nice compliment :goodvibes I wear Athleta skorts in the parks and they are really the perfect thing--lightweight and they dry quickly and you don't have to worry about flashing anyone getting on/off rides :P

Headed to F&W next month and after reading your review, thinking of scrapping our plans and just eating our way around the world from the food booths!

It's so fun to do at least one night of your trip! I really love F&W. Hope you enjoy it!

My daughter and I were there in September also, but at OKW. Enjoying your reviews.

Thanks for reading along!

Following late...But, better late than never!!!! Enjoying all the wine vicariously through you...8-)

Glad you're drinking along with me :)

What a perfect trip! I keep thinking about going to Disney with just my son (7). It's not nearly the same because he's an only child, but he's done a lot of traveling with just his father and very little with just me.

Do it! It was seriously the best trip ever, though I guess I've said that a few times already ;)

F&W is so much fun, I hope you enjoy it! And thanks for the nice compliment :goodvibes I wear Athleta skorts in the parks and they are really the perfect thing--lightweight and they dry quickly and you don't have to worry about flashing anyone getting on/off rides :P

I should check out Athleta for skorts! I wear sundresses a lot, but usually have thin bike shorts underneath!

Yay! Another update! I hope everything is ok where you are. That stinks about your car. Your breakfast looks really good. We’ve never done the breakfast there but have done dinner a few times. Maybe we’ll give it a try as one of my daughters loves Lilo and stitch.

They kept taking in larger parties while we stood and waited. Once we finally made our way in it was well past our 10:35 a.m. ADR. Almost 45 minutes past, in fact. It wasn’t a huge deal since we didn’t have anywhere else to be, but the wait was kind of a drag. :rolleyes2
We haven't been to 'Ohana in a few years but whether it's been breakfast or dinner, we've always waited past our reservation time.........way past :rolleyes:

Mine was especially good after I poured a mini bottle of vodka into it. Don’t judge, we were on vacation!
I'm only judging because this is AN EXCELLENT IDEA!!!! Now I need to add "run to liquor store" to my list of things to do before a Disney trip :D

Great report! If you don't drink the entire bottle of wine, do they package it up for you?

You are brave girl! We live in Atlanta and the 7 hour drive is painful enough that we sometimes fly, LOL!

I'm only judging because this is AN EXCELLENT IDEA!!!! Now I need to add "run to liquor store" to my list of things to do before a Disney trip :D

Joe and I actually thought about getting a bottle of Jameson and pouring it in our refillable mugs with some Coke...Instant drinks down by the pool...:rolleyes1

I should check out Athleta for skorts! I wear sundresses a lot, but usually have thin bike shorts underneath!
Athleta skorts are awesome!! You will not regret buying them. I'm pretty sure this is what I will be wearing on my trip in a couple of weeks.

Athleta skorts are awesome!! You will not regret buying them. I'm pretty sure this is what I will be wearing on my trip in a couple of weeks.

I'm going in two weeks as well! Going online to order a couple, not that I need any clothes, LOL!

Just wanted to let you know how much I love reading your TR! I am also a single mom now and LOVE my solo trips with my girls. I can't believe you did that drive solo though, I give you major credit for that! My girls and I are headed down for a short trip for F & W next month and I can't wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter