Sean Faulk?

Yes I liked Sean too. I know this is a DL question but what about Tyler and Katrina? I liked their vlogs. I don’t remember seeing them for a while now either.

T&K are still around, just not as much. They were on a DL show a couple weeks back and a vlog with Tom a week or so before that.

One great thing about Sean was that not only was he smart, he had a good grasp of some of the background and could make a point that others missed.

He also is not jaded. I watched a few "worst" videos over the weekend and seriously think some of the regulars need to step down.

Geeze, that's rather harsh!!

Really! I wonder which regulars are being referred to? Personally, I think things are going as good as ever with all of the Team. I poke around other podcasts from time to time ...is there anything better out there?? In fact, I think it's a testament to Pete that he has been able to grow this "business" and maintain it at such a high level. A little off topic but has anyone been listening to the Patreon solo shows? If you're not a $10 subscriber you're really missing out. This is some of the most thought-provoking, raw audio I've heard -there is just something special about it. Not sure if it's Pete's voice, his delivery, his honesty, something...

Either way -this is an unpaid advertisement for $10/month Patreon sponsorship, that will help make sure all the great content continues....

It wouldn't be wrong, in my opinion, to say the best and worst shows have seemed to feel more mailed in than before. A lot of the fun is gone, seems like the crew is having all the interesting conversations before recording and they're just repeating themselves when they hit the record button.

It always seems like they're bored or have better things to do on some of the episodes.

I agree the show feels phoned in now. It’s no longer a “best and worst”, every show seems to be getting shorter and shorter and the format changes episode to episode. What happened to suck/doesn’t suck? Pete really was the heart of the show, it went from being my favorite to something I turn on if I have time.

I think there is value in hearing from both "fresh" voices who are relatively new to Disney World and from so called "jaded" voices who have been around for a long time. And I would say that a far better word for jaded is experienced.

Also, the people on the team who get pegged as jaded tend to be the older members. Since I'm in the same demographic as most of them (Pete and I are the same age) I connect much more with their opinions than I do with the newer folks who are 30 years younger than me. It's not good or bad, right or wrong. We're just at a different point in our lives. Tracey has spoken to that many times on the Dreams show. She has said, for example, that she and her husband aren't really interested in doing the Disney cruises anymore. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them and DCL is a great product. They are just looking for other things when they cruise now compared to years ago.

Disney World is the same way. I've been going regularly since the 1970s. I experience the parks differently today than I did 5 or 10 or 25 years ago. Our daughter is now an adult and my wife and I sometimes go just the two of us. It's a very different mindset and approach and we're looking for different things. Plus we've seen the changes and evolution of the parks and overall resort over the years.

My long-winded point is that everyone on the team brings something valuable to the table. Sean or Steve brings that young adult outlook. Corey and Julie bring the young family view. Teresa brings the "parent of older kids" view. Pete, John, and Kevin bring the 50-60-year-old perspective. As a 54-year-old guy, I wouldn't enjoy a show just featuring 20-somethings. But at the same time, I don't only want to hear from people just like me either. I appreciate getting different opinions and different points of view.

Confession; I started by listening to the DL podcast and was drawn in by their cohesion. When they got Yoko Ono'd, I was afraid I'd turn bitter and delete the pod and youtube channel forever. Turns out, I've learned to love the WDW group. I like the consistency with Pete at the helm, and definitely enjoy the perspective from the younger voices around him (Ryno, Sean, Craig, Steve, Corey, Charles, etc...).

I'd like an episode or two that addressed some of the hard hitting topics like, is or isn't Charles Boda a male underwear model, and what are the Best and Worst 'on property' honeymoon suites for Tyler and Katrina. Push the envelope Pete!

Keep up the good work

I think there is value in hearing from both "fresh" voices who are relatively new to Disney World and from so called "jaded" voices who have been around for a long time. And I would say that a far better word for jaded is experienced.

Also, the people on the team who get pegged as jaded tend to be the older members. Since I'm in the same demographic as most of them (Pete and I are the same age) I connect much more with their opinions than I do with the newer folks who are 30 years younger than me. It's not good or bad, right or wrong. We're just at a different point in our lives. Tracey has spoken to that many times on the Dreams show. She has said, for example, that she and her husband aren't really interested in doing the Disney cruises anymore. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them and DCL is a great product. They are just looking for other things when they cruise now compared to years ago.

Disney World is the same way. I've been going regularly since the 1970s. I experience the parks differently today than I did 5 or 10 or 25 years ago. Our daughter is now an adult and my wife and I sometimes go just the two of us. It's a very different mindset and approach and we're looking for different things. Plus we've seen the changes and evolution of the parks and overall resort over the years.

My long-winded point is that everyone on the team brings something valuable to the table. Sean or Steve brings that young adult outlook. Corey and Julie bring the young family view. Teresa brings the "parent of older kids" view. Pete, John, and Kevin bring the 50-60-year-old perspective. As a 54-year-old guy, I wouldn't enjoy a show just featuring 20-somethings. But at the same time, I don't only want to hear from people just like me either. I appreciate getting different opinions and different points of view.

My biggest problem with Craig, John, Craig, Kevin, Craig, Pete and Craig is that they come across as hating WDW. Not "There's room for improvement." Not "It's nice, but it used to be better." I mean "Walt Disney World and everyone besides us who goes there is complete trash and I'd rather be shot than spend another day at the parks." They legit make me wonder why they continue to do this for a living, because they seem to despise it. Watching them is really making me worry whether things have changed so much in the 4 years since my last trip that I should've spent my $2200 on something else instead of Dinsey World.

My biggest problem with Craig, John, Craig, Kevin, Craig, Pete and Craig is that they come across as hating WDW. Not "There's room for improvement." Not "It's nice, but it used to be better." I mean "Walt Disney World and everyone besides us who goes there is complete trash and I'd rather be shot than spend another day at the parks." They legit make me wonder why they continue to do this for a living, because they seem to despise it. Watching them is really making me worry whether things have changed so much in the 4 years since my last trip that I should've spent my $2200 on something else instead of Dinsey World.
The only person who's on our team that's in the parks the same amount of time or more than me is Steve and now Fiasco. I don't despise Disney. I'm honest about it. If I don't think you should spend your hard earned money on a subpar experience then I'm going to be honest with you and if you choose to ignore it and look past to have the vacation that you want then that is your choice. I don't hate WDW. I hate that it's not the experience it should be and I hate that they can get away with it, because people are addicted to Disney like it's a drug.

It wouldn't be wrong, in my opinion, to say the best and worst shows have seemed to feel more mailed in than before. A lot of the fun is gone, seems like the crew is having all the interesting conversations before recording and they're just repeating themselves when they hit the record button.

It always seems like they're bored or have better things to do on some of the episodes.
They aren't being phoned in, but there's a finite amount of topics that we can talk about before we are just repeating ourselves blindly and we hit that point a year ago. We tried with topics we thought were different and interesting, like the smells episodes, and the feedback was that we were phoning it in. We can't handle dining topics because the Disney Dining Show does that. The hotels haven't changed. The attractions have changed and we are now going to start repeating topics around them, but ultimately we are doing a weekly show that probably can't justify it for a thousand show run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!