Sean Faulk?

I think there is a level of "fandom" for this crew that is borderline weird at times.
People waiting with baited breath for Pete to pop off and rant. People convinced Craig is crabby and hates Disney. People that think Julie is the worst. Several generalizations that I've seen posted on these boards over time. Someone doesn't show up on the show for a while and the inevitable thread of "where is ____?"
They employ a lot of staff and contributors. Newbies go through a hazing with the audience. I felt so bad for Charles but now he's a regular and people calmed down. Somebody leaves and conspiracy theories ignite.

It's really silly. It's entertainment. It's their business and they're doing the best they can, they keep it fresh and reach out for input. To insult or make these semi-veiled accusations about intent or level of Disney love and devotion is so stinkin ridiculous. Just be nice. It's Disney, it's not supposed to get people upset. You WILL find what you're looking for.

well, "Fan" is short for "Fanatic" so by nature it is going to be putting more passion and energy behind something than it probably deserves. Also the general challenge in that what most people only know is the version/portion of each podcast member that they present on the show and that 1 hour a week (or whatever) you have as a window into their lives - that isn't necessarily the same as who they are "in real life".

Though fully agree it shouldn't get people upset or anything - at the end of the day we are all here (those of us posting and those on the podcast) because we enjoy Disney (the parks, the movies, the company, the history, etc)

There's a big difference between criticizing something because you want to see it knocked down a few pegs, and criticizing something because you love it and want it to improve.

Craig and Pete(and the others) fall into the latter category.

vs you and Duffy which you would like to see knocked down all the pegs until he is on the ground ... and then kick him why he is down

Target did a thing years ago with focus groups to see what or how they could expand their mix of what they sold in the stores. It started out with little focus. They asked the open ended question "What would you buy from us if we carried it?"

As things started to gel, the people running the focus group got agitated because the top answer was light bulbs. Target sold light bulbs. They were also getting a number of other answers of items they carried already.

Target decided that instead of trying to add new products, they needed to get people to better shop their stores. Instead of adding departments, they cross promoted the ones that they already had.

Yes, you may say something in one show, but not everyone catches every show and adding a few seconds of a discussion to mention something that was already covered isn't bad. How many times has a certain person mentioned their affinity for the mint julep at Disneyland? That's not a bad thing, when it is a part of the conversation.

Yes, you may say something in one show, but not everyone catches every show and adding a few seconds of a discussion to mention something that was already covered isn't bad.
They used to do this more. On the Tuesday show, they used to list all of the other shows for the week and what the topics were. But then people complained that the "Housekeeping" section of the show was way too long so they stopped. Maybe there is some middle ground between talking for 20 minutes and not doing it at all, like just a very brief recap. Especially since each of the shows has it's own feed, some people may not even be aware of the other shows at this point. I've seen posts on here from people wondering what happened to the Dining Show, for example. It still exists but it is a separate listing in iTunes and you have to search for and subscribe to it separate from the Tuesday show. The broader and more spread out the DIS offerings get, the harder it is to keep track of them all.

Target decided that instead of trying to add new products, they needed to get people to better shop their stores. Instead of adding departments, they cross promoted the ones that they already had.

I m not Target, but thats what i did.

I told you we've done many shows on this topic.

Consider this my attempt at cross promotion.

Im sure that you realize that almost every year, we do a show about how to stay cool during the hottest months of the year.

We offer tips and tricks that we use as locals.

A show or list we have never found is Quick Service with sitdown WITH great AC. When you really think about it at AK--that is a short list.

A show or list we have never found is Quick Service with sitdown WITH great AC. When you really think about it at AK--that is a short list.
Satuli Canteen or Restaurantosaurus. The rest is pretty much all outdoor seating.

Well, they do cover this on Connecting with Walt .. right now they are in a series of shows covering the history of Spaceship Earth ... and last year they did the different lands in MK and covered the history of the lands, opening day attractions vs what has changed over the years, etc

If you (the general you) don't listen to Connecting with Walt... I don't know what to say. It's probably one of the best shows.

Im sure that you realize that almost every year, we do a show about how to stay cool during the hottest months of the year.

We offer tips and tricks that we use as locals.

I did a search and can’t find one. Would you happen to remember if it was a Dreams Unlimited show? I’m excited for our trip next month, but not so much for the heat....

Support Sean and his family!

https://www.gofundme.com/my-dad-is-...PcouqkgP9HmTQE95gJGHFPrmqJhxL27AtGpt-dlHPGxWQ

(mods please delete if this isn't allowed, but I think it answers a lot of questions.)

We're with you Sean! Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you so much for sharing this, @TomorrowlandKD. I never would have known otherwise. And Sean- I sincerely keep you, and your family, in my loving thoughts, and healing light! Hugs to all!!

They used to do this more. On the Tuesday show, they used to list all of the other shows for the week and what the topics were. But then people complained that the "Housekeeping" section of the show was way too long so they stopped. Maybe there is some middle ground between talking for 20 minutes and not doing it at all, like just a very brief recap. Especially since each of the shows has it's own feed, some people may not even be aware of the other shows at this point. I've seen posts on here from people wondering what happened to the Dining Show, for example. It still exists but it is a separate listing in iTunes and you have to search for and subscribe to it separate from the Tuesday show. The broader and more spread out the DIS offerings get, the harder it is to keep track of them all.

I remember that well, because that is one of the first threads I saw when I got into Disboards (complaining about housekeeping being too long). But the run down of what are on the other shows was a great way to hear about content, such as Connecting with Walt which I may not have found otherwise.

Maybe a once monthly run down of the some of the offerings on other shows might be a good compromise? As you indicated, perhaps a brief recap could be a good middle ground?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!