search for copyright laws?

asktriplets

DIS Veteran
hi everyone.

{wasn't sure where to post this, but thought this might be a good place to start}

i'm hoping someone here would be able to give me a clue as to how to look up some specific copyright info. for disney world. i know that characters and likenesses, the wdw name, and (i'm sure) even the font are copyrighted. what i'm looking for is info. about if it is ever ok to refer to wdw and use the wdw name in something you are selling....

i'm just trying to figure out where to start an internet search---i tried a few times and i get about a bazillion sites and i can't figure out how to narrow it down.

the reason i'm asking is because there are a few "friends of friends" that i know that are willing to pay me to put together some basic touring info. for them. i'm trying to figure out if i can do this legally while getting paid for it (and no i'm not a travel agent). it would all be info. that is "out there" anyway, it'd just be a matter of putting it together for them.

if anyone has any insight, i'd appreciate it!

thanks,

I beleive that as long as you are not holding yourself out there as an official disney tour guide - I beleive you can do this -

also - aren't you talking about doing this for friends? realistically - how would they know your friends are compensating you to help them plan thier trips?

Now if you are planning on starting a website or writing a book and publishing it - then you need to be concerned with Disney copyright laws

I wonder how TGM goes about it - as he sells Disney touring info on his site...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter