Search is back?

RedSox68

Retired 2021 -- All the Time to Travel Now!
A heading on the main pages says "search is back". But where is it? For instance, when I go under Disney Cruise line forum, there is no search button for that forum or even an individual thread.

It's in the light blue bar near the top of the page -- under the dark blue bar with Home and Forums. You can do all searches from the same button -- just click which forum you wish to which you wish to limit.

Got it. However, once inside a particular subject thread, you used to be able to search just that thread for a particular piece of information. Is that no longer possible now?

Got it. However, once inside a particular subject thread, you used to be able to search just that thread for a particular piece of information. Is that no longer possible now?
You can! I finally found it.

When you click in the floating search box in the upper right, it drops down options. One of which is 'Search the thread only'

I did so, and got back a result set with the two posts with the word TRY in them. Yes, Yoda would be disapointed. In fact there was a try.
upload_2015-2-6_11-8-40.png

Note: that IS a tabbed interface. I've circled the three options for advanced search:

upload_2015-2-6_11-14-13.png

When you click in the floating search box in the upper right, it drops down options. One of which is 'Search the thread only'

I did so, and got back a result set with the two posts with the word TRY in them. Yes, Yoda would be disapointed. In fact there was a try.
View attachment 1369

Thanks! I hadn't caught that yet -- I've been using the Search Forums button more to the left (under Home and Forums) and completely overlooked that quick menu. By the way -- those same options in your screenshots are available regardless of which way you choose to enter Search.

Thanks! I hadn't caught that yet -- I've been using the Search Forums button more to the left (under Home and Forums) and completely overlooked that quick menu. By the way -- those same options in your screenshots are available regardless of which way you choose to enter Search.
Thanks! I hadn't tried "the other search" yet. Sounds like they're the same search accessible two ways. :magnify:

Just tried it. The main/left search bypasses the first screen in the drop-down (top right) search. AFAICT.

Seems to go right to the advanced/more page. So you would miss the option to 'Search this Thread only' that way.

yeah, but I like the quick-menu you found. And I don't think the other has an option for "search this thread only" :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter