DH – John – 46
DS – Lewis – 12

Pre-trippie
Day 1
Day 2

Day 3

Monday 6 February 2017

Last day :sad:

Alarm went off at 7:15 and I staggered to the window to check the weather – it was dry! I won’t pretend I wasn’t absolutely exhausted and almost got back into bed – and then I remembered that I was at Disneyland Paris and would soon be sitting in an airport wishing I was back here so I forced myself to stay up. John then woke up and we agreed to get up and out.

I packed up the last of the things and was a bit worried about the glasses I'd bought getting bashed around if we left our cases with the hotel bag store, so as we didn’t need to check out until 11 anyway we just left everything in the room and put the do not disturb sign on the door.

Off we went through the village and were at the park around 8:10.

The park was already quite busy and there were long lines at the meets. Minnie and Mickey were at the Boarding house, Goofy was in Town Square and Donald Duck was near Caseys along with Chip and Dale. We didn’t stop for meets and went through the castle into Fantasyland.

Checking out the sword again

Some pictures in an empty Fantasyland

Our first stop was Peter Pan, fantastic again.
It was really quite cold and as we’d done all the Fantasyland rides last night we didn’t do the others. Instead we spent some time inside the castle. It’s so beautiful in here.

Very loud snoring guards today, which I think is how Lewis was feeling :laughing:

We took our time wandering over to Discoveryland through the castle as the side entrance beside the wishing well is closed, probably because the castle stage is being refurbed.

Off we went to Buzz which rode twice to keep warm.

It was a bit cold for Orbitron so we took a stroll through Discovery Arcade and we noticed the Laundry in the courtyard – such funny soundbites here!

How have we never stopped and heard this before? I love that we still find new things at Disneyland Paris even after all these years :thumbsup2

It was just after 9am and time for Salon Mickey. Today the turnstyle beside Salon Mickey was open and we were able to exit here instead of going all the way over the other side of the park. Brilliant :goodvibes

We enjoyed an empty Salon Mickey again with hot chocolate and muffins.

Last edited:
Nicely warmed up had another look around the shops and Lewis chose a light saber for his 22 year old brother......I wonder why he did that, lol. He also picked a Star Wars pin for himself.

Dapper Dans

Inside Liberty Arcade the very spooky walkthrough

Now it was time to try and get on Big Thunder Mountain for a final time. We joined the rope drop at the side of Liberty Arcade. There were quite a few others that joined us but we managed to get into Frontierland without too much hassle. I don’t think Lewis believed me when I told him there would be hoardes of people coming in to meet us from the main hub – it was mobbed!! There was a bit of a run and we got in line. Remember, left hand lane people!

I think we were on BTM by about 10:15 which I think was ok. The ride was just as fantastic as it had been on the first night – love this ride.

We finished here and glanced at phantom manor – soooo busy again, so it wasn’t to be this trip.

A final look at the castle

Back down Main St for a final time, taking time to look at the windows as we passed. They're always so pretty :love:

Some final pictures and then it was time to go back to the hotel.

Sad face time :sad1:

Star Wars windows in the Village

We got our stuff from the room and Ezyshuttle were waiting outside for us as expected. Fantastic service :thumbsup2

Bye, bye for now Hotel New York :wave:

Soon we were at the airport where Lewis played the Playstation and John and I shared a baguette whilst we waited for our flight. I got some Macarons for Abbey from the airport shop and some Paris coasters as there had been nothing in Disneyland at all.

Flight was on time, and we landed where Abbey was waiting for us and were soon being driven home by our very own princess princess:

Final thoughts:

We had a really good time despite the crowds and the weather. We’d never been on a Saturday before and that coupled with the French school holidays did make the park very busy. It didn’t affect us too much but I think for a first time visitor it would have been a bit much.

We were also very prepared for the weather with layers, waterproof boots and thermals. They were needed ::yes::

Star Wars was everything Lewis had hoped it would be and he really enjoyed everything about it. I loved seeing Dreams for a final time and enjoyed Big Thunder Mountain being back on. We did miss Pirates but will look forward to seeing this again next time.

The Hotel New York was still lovely. Being very, very picky the décor could do with a refresh which I know is scheduled to happen but we still really love this hotel for location, space and excellent service. Having debated staying at other hotels so many times I’m glad we continue to stay here as it really is so handy when you’re exhausted. I can’t be doing with shuttle busses and stuff and just adore being in our Disney bubble and not having to handle ‘real life’ for a few days. There were a couple of times when we were really cold and tired where we said that if we’d had to get a bus to a hotel off-site we probably wouldn’t have gone back to the park. It’s just easier to walk and I suppose that’s what you pay the premium for.

So, the next trip – yes there will be one :cheer2:DH said he’s done with Disney in the winter and checking back we haven’t been in summer since 2013 so I think we’re due some warmth :cool2: I can’t book yet as will need to co-ordinate with our older kids as I think they might to join us. Annual Passes run out in September so I really want to fit another visit in before then.

Thank you again everyone on the Dis. Your constant tips and info are invaluable for every trip as things seem to be changing so much recently :disrocks:

Last edited:
Some of the swag:

We got 6 of these glasses - they have a good weight and I loved the design

The strawberry fudge from the candy shop in Main St - amazing :love:

Lewis' Star Wars posters. He noticed that there are 2 versions - the pack he got has the original movie posters, there is another one with the more recent ones

Marie key ring for me

Cute Paris coasters from the airport shop

That's it :flower1:

Boo to last day but looks like you got quite a bit done before you left. Loving the glasses and Marie key-ring you got.

Yay! You got to ride BTM. A summer trip sounds lovely - that's what I'm thinking too! My D Sis and family check into the HNY today, I'm not jealous honestly! It's her first stay there so I hope they have a great time.

I've loved reading that! Thank you so much for writing it :thanks: it's got me so looking forward to our trip in October. Looking forward to seeing a new summer ticker for you soon. :thumbsup2

Boo to last day but looks like you got quite a bit done before you left. Loving the glasses and Marie key-ring you got.

I was surprised by what we got done in the couple of hours. Glasses are great :love:

Yay! You got to ride BTM. A summer trip sounds lovely - that's what I'm thinking too! My D Sis and family check into the HNY today, I'm not jealous honestly! It's her first stay there so I hope they have a great time.

So happy we got to ride BTM again before we left :) I hope your sis has a fantastic time :goodvibes

I've loved reading that! Thank you so much for writing it :thanks: it's got me so looking forward to our trip in October. Looking forward to seeing a new summer ticker for you soon. :thumbsup2

Thanks for reading along, glad you enjoyed it. Hope you have a wonderful time in October :cheer2: Hopefully won't be too long before we get a new ticker :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!