Seasonal cast member info

disney516

Mouseketeer
Hi!
I was a part of the DCP Fall SA 2013 and then I became a campus rep. However, the campus rep program is not being used anymore because they are changing it and I am considering going seasonal! I would love if anyone could give me more info about going seasonal. For example, how many hours are required a year, etc.

To be seasonal, a current Manager needs to convert you. As a Campus Rep, I'm not sure how your reporting system works, but that's how conversion works.

Once you're Seasonal, you need to maintain a minimum of 150 hours on a rolling calendar. Hours are evaluated at the end of each quarter (Sept, Dec, March, June). Those hours may be worked in your home location, or in any department in which you can find the hours (yay EHH). However, if you have safety requirements for your role, you must maintain those proficencies.

Additionally, you must make contact with the company once each quarter to show your continued interest, this is known as 'submitting your availability.'

Again, I'm not super familiar with the campus rep program, but it may be too late to go Seasonal from your program last fall. To reapply as Seasonal, you must provide 6-8 weeks full availability up front for training & burn in.

Hi! I was a part of the DCP Fall SA 2013 and then I became a campus rep. However, the campus rep program is not being used anymore because they are changing it and I am considering going seasonal! I would love if anyone could give me more info about going seasonal. For example, how many hours are required a year, etc.

I've never heard of anyone going from campus rep to seasonal with out having to apply and give 8 weeks up front. You loose your proficiencies after not working in a location for 6 months so you probably don't have any proficiencies.

Some of the current DCP's are posting on social media group pages that the "seasonal" program has changed. You may want to contact Casting for up to date/accurate information.

bethp1968 said:
Some of the current DCP's are posting on social media group pages that the "seasonal" program has changed. You may want to contact Casting for up to date/accurate information.

Oh I did hear they were going to change it to be Florida residents only. I wonder if it finally went through.

Oh I did hear they were going to change it to be Florida residents only. I wonder if it finally went through.

From what I've heard (we don't have seasonal folks in my area), it's a change. Whereas before seasonal was essentially not part of any headcount and was just based on meeting transfer guidelines, now there will be only a certain number of seasonal spots per area. But that's all hearsay.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

All 15 CPs from my area who applied to go seasonal were turned down because of a change in how seasonal works. Even my managers were caught off guard and didn't know what was going on. One of the CPs had been trained to be a coordinator with the expectation of going seasonal but now I guess that's all changed.

All 15 CPs from my area who applied to go seasonal were turned down because of a change in how seasonal works. Even my managers were caught off guard and didn't know what was going on. One of the CPs had been trained to be a coordinator with the expectation of going seasonal but now I guess that's all changed.

Was curious about this so looked around on the HUB a bit. Found this in the Work, submit forms area:

FT, CR, and CP Cast Members seeking a CT position may apply for available open positions through the Casting rehire process after a 13 week break in service. Requests for consideration for conversion to a CT status prior to a 13 week break in service will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis for the following criteria:

Your location must utilize Seasonal (CT) Cast Members
There must be a business need for a Seasonal (CT) Cast Member in your statused location within 13 weeks of your effective date.
You must be fully available during the dates you provide below.
No changes will be permitted to the availability you provide on this form
You must work all scheduled shifts during this time frame. Failure to do so may result in separation.

What it's basically doing is keeping CP's from going CT directly at the end of their program, not coming back to work or coming back for just a few weeks 6 months after their program ends but getting the benefits of not working, keeping their ID for 9 months to a year and getting discounts, Main Entrance Passes, Merchandise & Cruise discounts, etc..

Didn't think you could be CT (Seasonal) and be a Coordinator, only FT or CR. Could be wrong though. Some areas may be different.

Hi I am renewing this thread to see if there is current information on the seasonal cast member program. Anyone who knows how to apply, what sorts of roles and other information, I would be interested in hearing about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter