Seat size on Disney ecv

Kitty347

Earning My Ears
I plan on renting either an ecv or a wheelchair at the Magic Kingdom and EPCOT. I have some trouble with long periods of sitting. I need to use a cushion for ease of pain. Most wheelchairs accomodate my cushion with no problem. BUT...I really want to rent an ecv so I don't need someone in my group to push me around all day. It will also give me freedom to explore on my own and find a restroom when I am not doing one of the rides with the group. I need to know if the seat on the ecv will fit my cushion or if I need to buy a different one. How big is the ecv seat? Any idea on dimensions?

I would *estimate* approximately 18" wide by 16 to 18" deep; if I were in your shoes, I would go to Wal-Mart, Target, Home Depot or Lowes (or your local grocery store) and measure the seat of the heavy duty commercial grade scooters they have available there. That should be close.

You can also call Disability Services (407) 560-2547 at WDW, and ask them if they happen to have that information, or can get it for you.

Great question. IF I rent an ECV, I also worried about the seat, if it's too firm, etc. I have tailbone problems and other neck and back problem that I worry the ECV will bother, but if I walk I have ankle, knee and leg problems.

The ECV that they rent at the parks are huge. I imagine a pillow that goes on a wheelchair would fit it fine. The pillow may be larger than the seats on some of the offsite rental ones, but don't think it would matter much if it hung over the edges.

I personally don't like the ones they rent at the parks. They are like trying to drive a battleship around the parks. Maybe they make them so large so nobody can "forget" and try to take it on the bus to their resort. I doubt if they would fit on the buses.

I personally don't like the ones they rent at the parks. They are like trying to drive a battleship around the parks. Maybe they make them so large so nobody can "forget" and try to take it on the bus to their resort. I doubt if they would fit on the buses.

I have a sneaking feeling that you are right! I literally LOL'd at your description of driving a battleship around - that's exactly how it feels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!