SeaWorld Annual Passes in 2020

MichiganScott

Passholder = hated by Disney
I can't say how pleased I've been with our Platinum passes this year (first time every buying). We only bought them because of the fact that Disney has said and continues to say "screw you" to passholders since they reopened. We've been having a ball at all the Busch parks, at least in Florida.

Some of the things that really stand out over Disney
  • 3 free guest passes to any park per annual pass
  • 20% discount on ALL food and merchandise
  • Preferred parking at all parks
  • Free animal encounter
  • Passholder lounge in Sea World with free soda
  • RESERVATIONS ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE (not pass related, but this is HUGE to me - I have not seen a day where they were "full" on reservations yet, even the morning of)
  • Less than $300 each when nabbed on sale

I love(d) all things Disney, and am writing this to let others know that until Disney stops taking a dump on the locals, who are the only people going to their parks, there are better ways to spend your money. I know I'll remember for a long time the summer of 2020 when when Disney failed me, and Sea World did not. Who'd have thunk?

I've had my SW AP for 5.5 years, and I absolutely love the parks. The events are awesome (and all included with admission), I love the tours, and it's just so laidback

Disney will continue to screw over their "guests" because for some reason people just keep gladly handing over their paychecks no matter how much they jack up the prices and take away all of the perks. It's like we've been conditioned to accept whatever they dish out. I am another former Disney lover that is finding new things to love. I went to Sea World for the first time out of 30 trips just last year and I loved the park! I was so impressed and yet went, really not expecting much at all. Disney has become the side trip to my Universal/Sea World vacations. I'm so sick of the attitude that they are Disney so they don't have to try. It's finally starting to show and I hope more people like you and I will protest with their pocketbooks. That's the only way things will change. The people are in control yet we always seem to forget that in almost every scenario.

am writing this to let others know that until Disney stops taking a dump on the locals, who are the only people going to their parks, there are better ways to spend your money. I know I'll remember for a long time the summer of 2020 when when Disney failed me, and Sea World did not. Who'd have thunk?
Not a local but do visit often :)

I’m happy with what SW has done in the situation. Do wish they’d have more than a show a day for our visit next week. Doing dinner at sharks & booked a tour, figure they need to be supported right now.

I’m sure that locals are the majority of all the current park guests. However, there are likely more of out-of-towners in the parks than you realize. Lock your doors :), more of us to come, as many are starting to trickle into town for the ‘holidays’. For a large part of the northeast workforce that equates to Columbus & Veteran’s days as well as Jersey week along with Thanksgiving & Xmas breaks.

I’m glad I wasn’t on monthly payment plan for our APs to WDW. Hard to believe that situation soured so badly for many.

it’s been time consuming dealing with WDW as to the differing ways I want my family’s APs handled. If the mouse didn’t ‘own me’, I’d likely not be quite as understanding as to why I had to call so many times to try to set things right.

Did get one check for partial shutdown a month or so ago & a CC refund for another. Still waiting for cancellation funds from another AP...was told likely by mid October. I’m guessing they are trying to postpone some losses into the next quarter. :confused3

I’m more concerned as to when WDW will start selling new APs. Don’t want to renew our current ones after early December trip. Going to take a 7 month break from FL & hunker down for what I believe is going to be a rough winter all the way around. Hope i’m Wrong.:wizard:

Will say Universal has been amazing. Just called today re an AP for one of my adult DSs. I last renewed it in late January. He only joins us for HHN. Has since bowed out of next week’s trip with us. I explained this to them, was put on hold & within minutes was offered “a pause” on his pass. Whenever he is ready to return, just needs to present himself at GS & pass will be reinstated for 10 months. Not sure where they came up with that time frame but happy with it indeed.

PS i’m Hoping for Blue Friday this year to lean back to the great deals of the past. IMO = a win-win situation & give a much needed cash infusion into the park.

Disney will continue to screw over their "guests" because for some reason people just keep gladly handing over their paychecks no matter how much they jack up the prices and take away all of the perks. It's like we've been conditioned to accept whatever they dish out. I am another former Disney lover that is finding new things to love. I went to Sea World for the first time out of 30 trips just last year and I loved the park! I was so impressed and yet went, really not expecting much at all. Disney has become the side trip to my Universal/Sea World vacations. I'm so sick of the attitude that they are Disney so they don't have to try. It's finally starting to show and I hope more people like you and I will protest with their pocketbooks. That's the only way things will change. The people are in control yet we always seem to forget that in almost every scenario.
I have felt this about Disney for years. They earned a great reputation in the 90s and have gradually slacked off coasting along on the good will they created. Constant cutbacks but constant price increases also. But don't say that in a Disney facebook group or you will be told to get lost. It amazes me how people condone and get upset if anyone criticizes what Disney has gotten away with over the years.
We have always enjoyed Sea World/Busch Gardens as well as Aquatica and Discovery Cove.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!