Seaworld NYE

petals

Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!
has anyone ever been to Seaworld in New Year’s Eve. What I’m wondering is after midnight fireworks how long approx will it take to get out of the park. We wanted to try books taxi but not sure what time we should be booking it for :confused3

I know this isn't totally relevant to your specific situation, but we were at SeaWorld in San Antonio for 4th of July a few years ago and we sat in the parking lot for two hours after leaving the park following fireworks.

Be warned- trying to leave after fireworks takes forever! It's to the point where I don't stay for them anymore (I'm planning on going tomorrow, but leaving after Miracles)

We have done NY Eve before and will be there tonight. It’s very, very crowded.Even yesterday it was very, very crowded. The lot will be filled and parking will be taken through the lot and then outside across from the park at the “grass” lot.

This is our 3rd NY Eve here. The first was at the Renaissance and we had an easy walk back. Last year we stayed at the Springhill and drove. Exiting was crazy. So this year we are back at the Renaissance.

If I could make a suggestion... I’d recommend walking to the Renaissance after the show and getting the Uber or Taxi there. Only hiccup is that the police open and close that road to let the tram get to the “grass” lot

Also FYI- Infinity Falls has been down since midday yesterday and signs say it’s down all day today :(

We’ve been to Seaworld 5 times this year and have never gotten to ride Infinity Falls. Last two times have been since it launched but it has been down each time. Is it just bad luck or is it frequently down?

Last edited:
We went New Years Eve after and just in case anyone is reading it thinking about next New Years Eve. We pre-booked a taxi as we were told that the iride would be stopping at 10pm. We got out of the park by 12.37 and the iride was there when we got out, and 4 or 5 more trolley's came while we were waiting. Our prebooked taxi never showed up and not being from America we had to borrow a car-park attendants phone to ring the company we booked with to see where it was and they had "forgot" to send it out to us so we had to pay for a second taxi to get back to our hotel an hour after we were booked to be collected, then battled to get our money back from the pre-booked taxi company. My advice to anyone going on New Years Eve would be not to bother booking a taxi. If you're staying on International drive the iride is there if not book a lyft or uber once you get out of the park. There was taxis just sitting there waiting to take anyone that needed a taxi as well but they were trying to charge twice the price for the taxi. Taxi we got to the hotel was 8 dollars and one guy sitting outside told us he'd take us to the hotel for 18 dollars?!

Another recap on NYE.

We actually lucked out and while we were walking to the Waterway(sp?) restaurant by Infinity Falls we heard an announcement about testing. So we hung out in the area and they started filling it with water and running some tests. After we ate we noticed more employees going in. People started to notice and come by. The attendant with a semi-straight face is telling us that the ride will be down all day, while he is pulling out queue barriers for people to line up in :) So we take a chance and get "in line" which ends up being a good idea as 20 minutes later they open the ride. All I will say is that we got SOAKED... so very glad we planned to head to the hotel anyway because that was a crazy amount of water.

So we went back later in the day and after seeing some more shows/rides (FYI the mime who entertains before the Seymore and Clyde Christmas show is absolutely AWESOME. Get there early as he is even better than the main show!) we get ourselves a bunch of mini donuts (also AWESOME- fresh fried... ohhh soo good) and get to the stadium for the NY show around 9:30. yes, it's early but already starting to fill and we got fantastic seats. The view of the Sea of Trees show is great from there and they also have a nice ice skating show. Eventually, the preliminaries end and they start the NYE fireworks. I think the show ended around 12:15. We were in no rush so we hung out for a few minutes to let the stadium clear. Perfect timing when we left as the opened up a second exit at the end of the Christmas Market so we avoided having to walk with the crowd all the way to the main entrance. What's even better is that this exit is almost directly across from the Rennaisance. A short 5-minute walk later we were in our hotel. I cannot stress enough how crowded the parking lot was. Because the police had to continually shut the road to allow the tram to cross to the "grass parking" area the parking lot was pretty much a standstill. We booked the Rennaisance a really long time in advance and got a great deal. One thing that drives us crazy is the parking and a "resort fee". Parking I understand as otherwise, they would have a huge problem with people from the park. But the "resort fee" is over $30/day and includes 2 bottles of water, internet (which Marriott members get free anyway), a child's breakfast with paid adult (if you have a small child) and transportation. As a Platinum member, they gave us 250 points to make up for the internet. That's like $2. They need to really add true resort perks or include parking if they want to charge a fee like that.

That said, we would definitely do it again just for the convenience. It was a really good time and a good way to spend NYE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!