Seaworld Orlando discount after 1/1/2011?

shellcruiser

Mouseketeer
Is anyone aware of any promotions or discount codes that may be applied to a visit during the first week of January 2011? The kids are 10 and 12.

I had seen a promo if you bought an adult ticket at regular price that you could get a childs for $5. I don't know where I saw that though. We have decided to go the lasst week of January, so I'm hoping for some type of discount. We might go to Busch Gardens too.

The $5.00 ticket for the kids expired on 12/31/10. We were planning to go to Seaworld on Jan 25th, but now that it will cost us $400.00 or more(tix $315.00, transportation$ 40.00,food$50.00) for the day, we are re-thinking our plans:sad2:

My son is dying to go back - Was there 3 years ago - He is an avid fan of animals and loves the shows.

They may not be offering the stellar discounts they were doing earlier this year, but in my opinon even the regular adult ticket for $80 with the second day free within seven days is still one of the best ticket deals in Orlando, especially if you love the Sea World parks like we do and like doing two days there during your trip. Sometimes too it is worth it to have one person in your party get an annual pass for free parking and a 10% discount on food and souviners. When we had a large group, we'd have the person with the season pass buy all the food and souviners, and we just reimbursed them.

To get your ticket for the second day free, you need to stop by the customer service desk on the day of your first visit. We usually do this sometime in the afternoon to avoid the crowds near the end of the day.

This is our favorite park in Orlando, and we think it offers an excellent value even at normal prices.

I, though, always love discounts so will keep an eye on this post too. I currently have a two year season pass, but will be purchasing some tickets for others who don't have season passes in March.

Web site for normal ticket prices
http://www.seaworld.com/Tickets/Visitors.aspx

Another option, especially if you are just doing SeaWorld and are just doing a short Orlando stay is to look at some of the hotel packages that offer Sea World tickets. One time I was planning to stay at a hotel near Sea World anyway, and the package deal they had for $50 more than I would have spent on my room ($25 per night) gave me two SeaWorld tickets. It was perfect for us on that trip.

Just bumping to see if anyone has heard or seen anything about discounts for Seaworld!! :hippie:

If you are Canadian, the Canadian Automobile Association (CAA) has a couple 2 park deals on now

For Seaworld and Aquatica:

Special Promotion: Buy 1 Get 1 Free
Buy one SeaWorld Orlando ticket and receive one Aquatica ticket FREE!
Price: $84.00 US (Adult and Child)*
PLUS: You will still receive a bonus 2nd day free at SeaWorld Orlando.

*Promotion price valid January 1 – April 30, 2011. Tickets must be used by December 31, 2011.

Valid for one additional visit to SeaWorld Orlando during regular scheduled park hours within 7 days of the first day visit. Parking is not included.

Prior to leaving the park on your first day’s visit, stop at Guest Services to receive your complimentary voucher. Non–transferable.​

and for Seaworld and Busch Gardens
Special Promotion: Buy 1 Get 1 Free
Buy one SeaWorld Orlando ticket and receive one Busch Gardens Tampa ticket FREE!
Price: $84.00 US (Adult and Child)*
PLUS: You will still receive a bonus 2nd day free at SeaWorld Orlando.

*Promotion price valid January 1 – April 30, 2011. Tickets must be used by December 31, 2011.

Valid for one additional visit to SeaWorld Orlando during regular scheduled park hours within 7 days of the first day visit. Parking is not included.

Prior to leaving the park on your first day’s visit, stop at Guest Services to receive your complimentary voucher. Non–transferable.​

You may want to check with AAA to see if they have the same deal.

I just read on Mousesaver's that you can use your SouthWest Rapid Rewards card for 20% off at the gate. They haven't advertised for this discount since 2009 but there have been reports of using this as late as 2011! I'm going to try this I think.

I don't normally fly SouthWest. I applied for the Rapid Rewards online yesterday and you can print out a membership card at home!!

Hope this helps!!:dance3:

Please report back on this! I would love to save 20% at the gate just for showing them my Rapid Rewards card!!

Yes - please report back :worship:

I am not going until Feb 4th and would love to know if the Rapid Rewards discount is still being honored.

Thanks so much and have a wonderful time on your trip!!

I was there 1/2/11 and SW 20% was being honored. You can NOT use the self-serve kiosks to get tickets. You must pay a person and show your SW card (free to print out). These tickets are eligible for 2nd day free. Another tip, do NOT get the 2nd day free validated right inside the gates if there is any line at all. The 2nd day free validation can be done at any Guest Relations booth. The one behind the Penguin Encounter never, ever, ever has a line.

Another tip, do NOT get the 2nd day free validated right inside the gates if there is any line at all. The 2nd day free validation can be done at any Guest Relations booth. The one behind the Penguin Encounter never, ever, ever has a line.

That's great to know. Currently I have a two year season pass, so that's not an issue. But I've gotten the second day pass about ten times in the last twenty years, and have always gone ot the front booth, and if I waited till the end of the day (That's happened pretty often for me), stood in a very long line. Excellent tip!

Does anyone know if you need one rapid rewards per seaworld ticket or can one rapid rewards card buy multiple tickets? Thanks in advance!!

And-how much is the final cost of the ticket after the 20% discount? I need to budget this to the penny!

Please report back on this! I would love to save 20% at the gate just for showing them my Rapid Rewards card!!

Yes - please report back :worship:

I am not going until Feb 4th and would love to know if the Rapid Rewards discount is still being honored.

Thanks so much and have a wonderful time on your trip!!

I get back on 2/3 so I'll let you know then unless I have time to post while I'm in Orlando. :hippie:

I called yesterday and was told the same thing - Southwest card in person with photo id at the ticket booth. We are going that route on next Saturday hopefully.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!