Seaworld Orlando discount after 1/1/2011?

Just back from SW on Tues. Bought and printed tickets on Tuesday for same day use. Had no issues at all with the tickets and am going back for the free second day on Thurs.

Also for anyone else with concerns, received email confirmation from Seaworld almost immediately after purchase.

Please feel free to use if you are blackstone employees. ;)

M

Wouldn't you think that employees would get more than 30% off?

Like Disney CMs they do get some free tickets for family and friends, but also like Disney they can buy tickets for friends at a Discount. If I remember correctly when my son bought 1 day park hoppers for additional people to go in with him in addition to the 3 on his pass the passes were about 20% cheaper so sounds good to me for SW.

Just back from SW on Tues. Bought and printed tickets on Tuesday for same day use. Had no issues at all with the tickets and am going back for the free second day on Thurs.

Also for anyone else with concerns, received email confirmation from Seaworld almost immediately after purchase.

M

So I'm guessing you finally purchased from fatwallet?

IMHO I would really be leery of them....... I know when they posted copied coupons for the company I work for we did not honor them because they were really door hangers or stick ons given to a limited amount of customers. We did not accept copies made on computer after the first one which we checked with corporate about.
So maybe the first few who try this may get in the gate but they might also start carding requiring a company ID. I would not want to worry about my tickets.

I know when Busch owned the park, I brought my son's friend whose mom worked at a Busch plant in another state with us. He had a pass for employees and since his mom wasn't with us to show ID he almost didn't get in. It was embarrassing to be the family they held up at the gate to decide what they should do.

Another thought is, if these were for employees only, wouldn't they have to put some kind of code in? I can't imagine it would that easy for any Joe Blow to just be able to purchase them.

Another thought is, if these were for employees only, wouldn't they have to put some kind of code in? I can't imagine it would that easy for any Joe Blow to just be able to purchase them.

If it were for the general public, wouldn't the discount be posted on Sea Worlds website? They advertised the $5.00 right on their website. As they do with most of their "specials".

If it were for the general public, wouldn't the discount be posted on Sea Worlds website? They advertised the $5.00 right on their website. As they do with most of their "specials".

Nope. There are a lot of discounts found for lots of things and places that you have to search for. Also that is why they have discount cruise sites, Undercover Tourist, and things like travelocity, so you can possibly find a better deal.

Nope. There are a lot of discounts found for lots of things and places that you have to search for. Also that is why they have discount cruise sites, Undercover Tourist, and things like travelocity, so you can possibly find a better deal.

Respectfully, I think we are talking apples and oranges.

From your google findings

"9. Although this site may be linked to other sites, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment is not, directly or indirectly, implying any approval, association, sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation with the linked site, unless specifically stated therein. By entering this site you acknowledge and agree that SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment has not reviewed all the sites linked to this site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other site linked to this site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk. "

I don't know that the discount is intended for the general public. I do know Sea World crew members were advised a site was coming for them to purchase discount tickets on. (Which would explain the "print at work".) I have not been able to get a confirmation on the phone this discount is for the public. I am waiting for a reply back.

M

I guess I am confused, Are you a Blackstone employee and is the bold sentence on the confirmation e-mail?

I would hate to be a family who spends $$$ on these tickets and then the park starts asking for work ID. Some comments on the site first said only good in 2010 and then one poster said the SW park in CA. ticket expired 1/2/11 . Just seems chancy to me. I work too hard for my money to chance it-especially since no one at the SW park here has verified the ticket is good for general public. I understand they did not question you, but there is no guarantee that it won't happen down the road when thousands start coming in on employee passes linked probably to the one employee that posted their coupon. if it is employee related. If it is just for Blackstone employees they might just close the door and who do you go to to get reimbursed-not fatwallet according to disclaimers on the site.

Like I said I work for a company that found out our larger $ coupons were being copied and posted. we refused to honor them because they were not generated by the corporation. Funny thing is people post the coupons anyone with our credit card already gets and no one without a card can use. They also post all the coupons you can copy right from our web page without wasting time going to fatwallet. I guess I just don't get the point.

I got tix through fatwallet, and we'll use them on 1/25/11. I guess we'll see what happens!

Tickets were good until 12/31/11. If you are unsure or not comfortable, go to the southwest site and get the rapid rewards card (free) which will get you the 20% discount.

M

Tickets were good until 12/31/11. If you are unsure or not comfortable, go to the southwest site and get the rapid rewards card (free) which will get you the 20% discount.

M

Agreed. We purchased ours directly through seaworlds website. Even if they do not allow the tickets, they should still honor what was paid for them. The tickets when purchased are good for 1 year. I checked all conditions associated with the tickets at the time of purchase and nothing came up. We will be using ours in early Feb. Caretames1, please report back with your findings.

Also, no one is forcing anyone to buy or use these tickets, so please stop whining :sad:about what they may or may not be. Every purchase on line is buyer beware. You never know if/when you purchase will show up. All we can do is put faith in your research and trust they will honor the sales.

I got the tickets as well. I won't be going till April though. But the site has a number to ask for a refund. Also, I did what some others have done. I put the amount of tickets needed, opened up the seaworld site and they were in my sea world cart on the official site. I can't find anything wrong with them. I have googled them and found nothing bad about it either. If I can't use them, then I'll get a refund. But I don't see a problem at all.

Just wanted to post an short update for anyone who may be following this thread.

I purchased SW/Aquatica tickets via the fatwallet link (prior to reading about the potential controversy in this thread). Anyway, I also did what other posters have described (put the tickets in my cart and then opened up the seaworld site and they were in my sea world cart on the official site). Despite this, it has been weighing on my mind, so I called Seaworld today and gave them my Order Confrmation #. The SW agent verified my order and confirmed that I have purchased valid tickets. In fact, he was a bit confused why I might think that they were not valid since I received an e-mail confirmation from SW. I explained to him about what was posted here and he once again assured me that the tickets were valid. He looked at the order again and said "you did get a great price". I pressed further and said "so I didn't mistakenly purchase employee tickets". He laughed and said "employees get free tickets and sometimes we get discounted tickets, but not on-line". He once again stated that the tickets are VALID.

Once again, just posting this for those who may be considering purchasing these tickets.

I got the tickets as well. I won't be going till April though. But the site has a number to ask for a refund. Also, I did what some others have done. I put the amount of tickets needed, opened up the seaworld site and they were in my sea world cart on the official site. I can't find anything wrong with them. I have googled them and found nothing bad about it either. If I can't use them, then I'll get a refund. But I don't see a problem at all.

Just wanted to add that the tickets state that they are non-refundable and this was confirmed by the SW ticket agent on the telephone.

Just wanted to post an short update for anyone who may be following this thread.

I purchased SW/Aquatica tickets via the fatwallet link (prior to reading about the potential controversy in this thread). Anyway, I also did what other posters have described (put the tickets in my cart and then opened up the seaworld site and they were in my sea world cart on the official site). Despite this, it has been weighing on my mind, so I called Seaworld today and gave them my Order Confrmation #. The SW agent verified my order and confirmed that I have purchased valid tickets. In fact, he was a bit confused why I might think that they were not valid since I received an e-mail confirmation from SW. I explained to him about what was posted here and he once again assured me that the tickets were valid. He looked at the order again and said "you did get a great price". I pressed further and said "so I didn't mistakenly purchase employee tickets". He laughed and said "employees get free tickets and sometimes we get discounted tickets, but not on-line". He once again stated that the tickets are VALID.

Once again, just posting this for those who may be considering purchasing these tickets.

This is not true. Sea World Crew members can buy tickets online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!