• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seaworld Question?

Jager_mom

Mouseketeer
Do you really get soaked at the shamu show? I would like to sit where the kids will have a good view if that means getting wet so be it, should I bring pancho's or something just for that????

The first 15 rows are called the splash zone, so yes, most likely you will get wet. Depending on how old the kids are, I have let them sit below and I sat farther up where I could keep an eye on them and stay dry.

I found that if you sit in the section of what's known as the soak zone that's just to the left of center as you're facing the tank in the stands, you don't get one single, solitary drop on you, unless you're in the first couple of rows. I don't know why, but that section just doesn't get wet.

Yes, that is correct. The first 15 rows and guaranteed you will get soaked. So don't bring a camera! I like sitting way up in the nose bleed country of the stands.

We sat above the soak zone and it was great, good view and no water....

If you sit up in the first section of seats above the soak zone you get a really good view (I think it's better than in the soak zone, because you're up higher with a better view of the stage) and you don't get wet.

I don't think a poncho will help keep you dry when a wave of 45 degree water comes crashing over you. Those whales can move a LOT of water.

Laura

We just returned from our CA trip and did SeaWorld last week - not only did most of those sitting down in the soak zone get SOAKED - the water was STINKY !!! We sat right in the last (top) row of the soak zone and stayed dry - DNeph tried sitting in the first few rows, but couldn't see over the top of the tank, so he moved back up with me (he sure was glad when he smelled all that fishy water everyone else got soaked in!) :smooth:
PS: This new stadium is completely exposed to the sun - no shade or covering anywhere - just be prepared with water and hats - it was a HOT wait!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter