SeaWorld tours

angryduck71

DIS Veteran
Hi all -- for Christmas, I'm doing something I said I'd never do... go to Orlando during Christmas week! LOL. But, I had free tickets to SeaWorld and a free hotel stay with express passes. In any event, as part of my son's Christmas present, I think I will do a tour or two. He LOVES penguins. I emailed SeaWorld and the customer service rep recommended the Penguin Up Close Tour. Keep in mind that my son (12 years old, a gift genius who knows EVERYTHING about penguins but has never gotten to "meet" one - we spent the night once "with the penguins" but they were behind a glass the whole time). I also thought about the VIP tour or the Beluga Whale tour. Any thoughts? I will say that we were there the day Shamu killed his trainer... and I just can't deal with anything with the killer whales.... so, that's not an option for us.

Anyway, thanks for all the help!

We did the VIP tour. Long day plus I would recommend for someone’s first time

We also did the beluga experience. We loved it. Never forget the smile on the face of my nephew.

Sea World typically offers good deals on black Friday ("blue Friday"), including BOGO on a select tour or two and the All Day Dining. Their tours are really good and worthwhile.

Def agree though wasn’t sure how much after we bought they expired to mention it.

We have done a couple of the tours. Offer on the dining. Seating at the shows (xmas season). It’s different each year :)

Not sure if they still offer it but last time we went to SeaWorld (2017) we done the ‘rescue tour’. This took you behind the scenes to show all the work that SeaWorld does helping all kinds of animals around Florida. Got to see Manatees, Dolphins, turtles all being treated by SeaWorld for various injuries to then be released back to the wild. It was really interesting and was only about $20!

In April we did the tour with penguins and sharks. I LOVED it! (I have a thing for sharks and penguins though) It was $35 and included touching both of them backstage. The shark was a tiny little thing, and the penguins were the small warmer weather ones, but it was absolutely worth it. I'm looking forward to doing it again.

We did the VIP tour. Long day plus I would recommend for someone’s first time

We also did the beluga experience. We loved it. Never forget the smile on the face of my nephew.
Can you tell me about the Beluga experience ? I'm thinking my son would like it though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter