Sebastian's STRONG and SVELTE Under the Sea September W.I.S.H. Weight Loss Challenge - All Welcome!

DisPup75

DIS Veteran
Hello, everybody, and :welcome: to Sebastian's STRONG and SVELTE September 2016 Challenge!

My name is Maggie (aka @DisPup75 ) and I'll be your hostess for this month. If you would like to coach at any point, just let me know! Particularly welcome are volunteers to lead us through October, November, and December!! I'm really looking forward to this month and seeing all the progress that I KNOW we can make!

Welcome to returning friends, newbies, and anyone/everyone who would like to chat about weight loss, weight maintenance, exercise, and anything related (and occasionally things that are not related)! No rules here EXCEPT to be kind and supportive of each other! No negative energy allowed!

SO let's get started! It's time for everybody's favorite crab to help us dance our way out of Summer and into Fall!!

1240x698-the-little-mermaid-character-image-sebastian.jpg

We have had some wonderful threads this summer and I hope that we will continue to have some great discussions about weight loss, maintaining, diet, exercise, and healthy living! But as always, feel free to participate as much or as little as you would like.... just remember, the more you put in, the more you'll get out.

We talk about calories, Weight Watchers, low-carb, SparkPeople, MFP, Fitbits, Jawbones, marathon training, walking, recipes, vitamins, meal planning, smoothies, juicing, motivation, YOU NAME IT!! No positive/healthy talk is off limits!

Please consider inviting a friend (either a RL friend or a Disboard friend) to join us. They don't have to LOVE Disney like we do - they only need to want to make healthier lifestyle choices!

We will have regular Questions of the Day (QOTD) and Questions of the Weekend (QOTW) to help us spark discussion and thought about all kind of topics related to healthy living, and a few fun ones thrown in there as well. Like Disney questions - after all, this is a Disney discussion forum.

So who is ready to take their first steps toward better living?! It looks like the mermaids are ready to go! How about you?

little-mermaid-la-sirenita-the-335202.jpg

Last edited:
This month we are CHALLENGING ourselves to make real PROGRESS on this journey to be slimmer and healthier. Pick a goal (5 pounds off, 10% down, 10K steps a day, etc) and devise a PLAN to reach that goal.

Share your GOAL and your PLAN with us (no need to post your specific weight.... just your goal) and watch the color of your name change throughout the month!

PERCENTAGE TOWARD GOAL

1% -10%
11% - 20%

21% - 30%
31% - 40%
41% - 50%
51% - 60%
61% - 70%

71% - 80%
81% - 90%

91% - 99%
100% OR MORE!

It will be up to YOU to decide on your goal, your plan and to report your progress either here on the thread or through a private message every weekend - I'll accept progress reports anytime Friday through Sunday, but will try to update the list of participants every Sunday evening.

If you have multiple goals for the month (example: "I plan to walk 30 minutes a day AND I plan to drink 64oz of water a day") please EITHER pick one goal to use for your progress reports OR average them both together when giving your report. It's just much easier for tracking this way. If you only use one of your goals for progress reports, that doesn't mean we don't want to hear how you're doing on your other goals!

Last edited:
LIST OF PARTICIPANTS
@DisPup75
@JacknSally
@ANforever1030
@courtneybeth
@SarahDisney
@ThistleMae
@dsnyfn1022
@DVCFan1994
@lisah0711
@PTownGirls
@scdak
@Dentam
@CruisingKate
@pjlla
@KrisWitt
@tsme
@disneycheerleader
@Tara&Mike
@ohMom
@MouseketeerKelsey
@bigsis1970
@JerseyGirl
@webcreatrix
@Foxxysmrftt

Future Hosting Schedule
If you would like to host one of these challenges in the upcoming months, please let me know, and I will update this list. So far we don't have anyone to get us through the magical month of December!

October 2015: @JacknSally (with end of the month assistance from @DisPup75)
November 2015: @courtneybeth - "No One Loses Weight Like Gaston" November Challenge
December 2015:

Last edited:

The Results!:cheer2:

I've been searching through the thread and compiling the numbers and we have some BIG SUCCESS STORIES this month! Everyone gets a trophy bit @ANforever1030 , @ThistleMae , @lisah0711 , and @Flossbolna really showed September how it is done!

If I missed you please let me know and I will update the list!

@DisPup75 - 61.5%
@JacknSally - 26%
@ANforever1030 - 108%
@courtneybeth - 81.5%
@SarahDisney - 0%
@ThistleMae- 140%
@dsnyfn1022 - 55%
@DVCFan1994 - 50%
@lisah0711 - 120%
@PTownGirls - 90%
@scdak
@flossbolna - 121%
@Dentam - 67%
@CruisingKate - 80%
@pjlla - 70%
@KrisWitt
@tsme
@disneycheerleader
@Tara&Mike
@ohMom
@MouseketeerKelsey
@bigsis1970
@JerseyGirl - 60%
@webcreatrix
@Foxxysmrftt

Thank you all again for the great, great month! If you haven't already, please head over and join the October challenge thread!

ETA: I lost the pretty colors and don't changes when I pasted the thread from the post on p. 31 and don't have the patience to recreate (any my colors didn't match the key anyway). But everyone should have their name in lights!!

Last edited:

I'm here and a little bit in for September. Thanks for hosting, @DisPup75 !
It'll be a busy month for me, but I'm hoping I can pop in and see what's going on fairly often. But don't be surprised if I disappear for a few days at a time... I'll be away from the computer a lot, but I think that checking in here when I am on the computer will help keep me accountable.

(I'm also debating taking on either October or November as the hostess. I'd love to do a Gaston theme, but not sure when...)

Any month is a great month for Gaston!!

SIGN ME UP! So pumped. This thread looks great, @DisPup75 !! Can't wait!

I'm joining up @DisPup75! The thread looks great, and I'm looking forward to a great month!

I'm game. Let's do it! Great job on the thread!

(I'm also debating taking on either October or November as the hostess. I'd love to do a Gaston theme, but not sure when...)

I'm here and a little bit in for September. Thanks for hosting, @DisPup75 !
It'll be a busy month for me, but I'm hoping I can pop in and see what's going on fairly often. But don't be surprised if I disappear for a few days at a time... I'll be away from the computer a lot, but I think that checking in here when I am on the computer will help keep me accountable.

Any month is a great month for Gaston!!

Yay! Adding everyone to the participants list! Also agree that any month is a great month for Gaston.

Let me ask this question....So every month is a new thread. We have to indicate we want to be signed up each month? I was on the last list but don't see I'm on this month....I did just do a request. I'd like to host but I am not a big computer user, so I don't know how to post all the lovely pictures and such like the hosts have been doing. And calculating progress with percentages...ugh! Just gathering information so I can figure out how I could help. Thanks.

Let me ask this question....So every month is a new thread. We have to indicate we want to be signed up each month? I was on the last list but don't see I'm on this month....I did just do a request. I'd like to host but I am not a big computer user, so I don't know how to post all the lovely pictures and such like the hosts have been doing. And calculating progress with percentages...ugh! Just gathering information so I can figure out how I could help. Thanks.

Yes, every month is a new month and a new thread. To "sign up" to particpate, you just come here and post that you are going to participate this month, just like you did for August, and like the users above have done for this month. Not everyone participates every month, and new people jump in all the time, so we don't just assume that people who participated last month will do it again and automatically add them to the list. You won't be on the list until after you've said you want to participate and then the host has had a chance to get on and add your name to the list.

The pictures aren't required. It's just a way to keep the thread moving and fun and keep everyone engaged and encouraged. Calculating percentages is NOT up to the host, it's up to the participant. I think that's mentioned in one of the intro posts above. I know it was mentioned in the August thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter