Sebastian's STRONG and SVELTE Under the Sea September W.I.S.H. Weight Loss Challenge - All Welcome!

I guess I'll use today's weigh in. It puts me at 204.0 ending, with 205.5 starting, which comes out to an overall loss of 1.5lbs. That's 1.5lbs out of my 5.6lbs goal, or 26%. :sad::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:

It's something! Today is all about celebrating so you are required to be happy about a loss of any sort. :) OK, I guess it isn't a requirement bunt progress is still progress!

Today, I'm celebrating the fact that tomorrow is a new month, with new goals, new opportunities, and a new challenge. I'm DEFINITELY celebrating that the forecast for the next week doesn't get above a 79-degree high - Saturday the high is only 66!!! Happy fall, y'all. :goodvibes I'm celebrating that, no matter what, I'll be in Disney World in a few (excruciatingly) short weeks.

Yay!!!

I am, however, still stressing because I tried on my wedding dress this weekend and am really kicking myself for not working any where in the neighborhood of as hard as I should've worked this year. Sigh. I know that, no matter what, I'll end up married and it's only one day and blahblahblah. I just don't want to pay a ton of money for photos and then never do anything with them because I hate the way I look. That's what happened to my engagement photos. We printed the two we could tolerate and the rest will forever stay on the CD, for no one else to see. LOL.

Brides always look beautiful. Always. And you still have a few weeks to get a little closer to your goals.

I am not showing any inches lost on the tape measure, either, and I haven't seen much change in my old clothes (some pants have gotten big in the waist, but overall not a lot of difference) - but the new jeans and shorts I bought for the Disney trip had to be taken in, and a couple of the dresses I wore to showers this summer are HUGE now. :confused3:confused3:confused3 I don't know if my older clothes have just been washed and worn so much that they aren't going to show much difference? Or if they were just that small to begin with and I didn't notice? LOL. I hope that's not the case!! It's definitely frustrating, though - I've lost 25lbs, but 0 inches, so WHERE did those pounds come from??? It's not like I've

I'm afraid that my clothes were a LOT tighter that I thought. And it doesn't make me happy.

My Woohoo of the month is that I am down to 30 days away from the wedding, and only 16 days until the bachelor party. My woohoo for the day is that I finished the month at 281.8 or 10.8 lbs lost. This translates to 108% of goal!!!!

I'm glad everyone joined us this month. It has been a fantastic time. A lot of great information and tips. I am looking very much to October and having another great month.

Woohoo!

Today hasn't been terribly great, so I'll say that my woohoo for today is that my boss (who works up in Northern California) is getting back on a plane today and won't be back for a few months. :)

I may come in later and add another woohoo moment that actually is happy, but right now I just need a reset button for today.... or better yet, a fast forward button to Friday!

I wish I could put my boss on a plane for a few months. :). I hope the day for better!

Love that quote! Yup, I made progress in September.... not as much as I wanted, but steady progress.

THANNKKKKK YOU for keeping us organized and moving for Sept!! It was such a successful month for SO MANY of us!!

Yuck. I was SO GRATEFUL for the rainboots and long coat today! I would have been absolutely SOAKED in anything less!!

We do have a great group here! Folks do tend to come and go, but overall the group usually stays POSITIVE! And I'm hoping and praying that some of my good WISH board friends who have strayed will return to the group come the new year!!

I'd love to lose some "crisco" in my thighs!! :D

Not as much time to be here today as I thought I would have..... day has been a bit cray-cray!! But looking forward to an evening a home with NO WORK, NO LAUNDRY and SURVIVOR on the tv!!

The new October thread looks AMAZING!!! Be sure to come reserve your spot!..............P

Enjoy your night off!

I have an additional woohoo that I forgot to post earlier: Our DME tags came last night! It's getting so close now.

Yay!!!

Hey guys.

I'm just stopping by quickly. After Friday's great weigh in and knowing that if I followed some basic common sense guidelines I'd meet my goal ... I'm back to where I started the month. I'm pretty disappointed in myself, especially because I can point out a few places where I went wrong (including having seconds at a meal because it was there and everyone else was still eating, even though I wasn't hungry anymore, and snacking when I was bored instead of trying to do something to un-bore myself).

I spent most of today beating myself up about it, but while I was out on my run, I came to a realization: I've been putting a lot of pressure on myself to meet my goals. Not just my weight loss goals, other goals too. And I need to stop doing that. So my "goal" for October is to not have any goals. I want to focus on taking care of myself with no pressure, and then I'll see where I end up at the end of the month. I may still come over to the October thread to chat a bit (hopefully I'll have time to keep up!), but no goal for me. I'm hoping that if I forget the goal, I'll be able to focus instead on how I feel when I engage in bad habits vs. how I feel when I stick with the good habits.

Well, I am NOT ending Seotember in the cool, calm, and collected way I had planned. I skipped the planned fish, ordered all four courses, drank a bit too much wine, made friends with the bread basket and came home to birthday cake. Just added up the points and I am really, really, really glad that (1) October is a fresh month, (2) I already did my final weigh-in, and (3) the birthday celebrations are at an end. I had lots of fun and I stuck to the plan all weekend. That person clearly didn't show up tonight and it is going to take a string of perfect days to end the WW week in the black.

If you haven't already done so, it isn't too late to provide end of the month totals! I'll work up our pretty colored chart tomorrow and I know we have some BIG GOAL CRUSHING WINNERS!!! Woohoo!

Hey guys.

I'm just stopping by quickly. After Friday's great weigh in and knowing that if I followed some basic common sense guidelines I'd meet my goal ... I'm back to where I started the month. I'm pretty disappointed in myself, especially because I can point out a few places where I went wrong (including having seconds at a meal because it was there and everyone else was still eating, even though I wasn't hungry anymore, and snacking when I was bored instead of trying to do something to un-bore myself).

I spent most of today beating myself up about it, but while I was out on my run, I came to a realization: I've been putting a lot of pressure on myself to meet my goals. Not just my weight loss goals, other goals too. And I need to stop doing that. So my "goal" for October is to not have any goals. I want to focus on taking care of myself with no pressure, and then I'll see where I end up at the end of the month. I may still come over to the October thread to chat a bit (hopefully I'll have time to keep up!), but no goal for me. I'm hoping that if I forget the goal, I'll be able to focus instead on how I feel when I engage in bad habits vs. how I feel when I stick with the good habits.

I hope you do stop by to chat in October!

Well. My workday is almost over, so I tore the page off my calendar.... It's here!

View attachment 126606

Yay!!!

Well, I am NOT ending Seotember in the cool, calm, and collected way I had planned. I skipped the planned fish, ordered all four courses, drank a bit too much wine, made friends with the bread basket and came home to birthday cake. Just added up the points and I am really, really, really glad that (1) October is a fresh month, (2) I already did my final weigh-in, and (3) the birthday celebrations are at an end. I had lots of fun and I stuck to the plan all weekend. That person clearly didn't show up tonight and it is going to take a string of perfect days to end the WW week in the black.

If you haven't already done so, it isn't too late to provide end of the month totals! I'll work up our pretty colored chart tomorrow and I know we have some BIG GOAL CRUSHING WINNERS!!! Woohoo!

I hope you do stop by to chat in October!

Yay!!!

I won't say that I'm sorry you didn't stick with the fish plan at dinner... 1) because I think fish is gross :rotfl: 2) because everyone deserves a splurge every now and then! Don't beat yourself up - as long as that is not your every day every meal, then you will be ok in the end. On the bright side, if tonight's dinner makes you start October out a little higher than you'd like, if you have a few perfect days, you should show a loss pretty quickly!!

I won't say that I'm sorry you didn't stick with the fish plan at dinner... 1) because I think fish is gross :rotfl: 2) because everyone deserves a splurge every now and then! Don't beat yourself up - as long as that is not your every day every meal, then you will be ok in the end. On the bright side, if tonight's dinner makes you start October out a little higher than you'd like, if you have a few perfect days, you should show a loss pretty quickly!!

I love fish but I love Mac & Cheese more and this Mac & Cheese had bacon. It's my birthday and I can carb if I want too! Until I look at the scale tomorrow. But yes, it should go away quickly!

I am ready to report in my final weigh in. I always like to do it on the first day of the next month as it means that my new start and old end weight are the same. And this month it did pay off!! Yesterday I saw a number which I knew was a fluke. I could feel that my body was really bloated with lots of fluids for whatever reason, so I just disregarded that. And today at first I did not realize it because it was so fabulous: I managed to get down to my pre-vacation weight!!! Just on time!!

And that puts me at 121% of my goal!!

:banana::banana::banana:

On to a new month with equal success!!

Hey guys.

Good idea! How about trying a new exercise class, a new face cleanser, and maybe a new healthy snack? Those would be some great ways to take care of yourself in October!

PLEASE come chat with us in October. Remember.... the chatting and comradery is the IMPORTANT PART!! The goal setting is secondary! You still have plenty to contribute and certainly an opportunity to gain something just by joining the chatter!

Well. My workday is almost over, so I tore the page off my calendar.... It's here!

View attachment 126606

Love it..... but I chuckle at the fact that the honeymoon gets a big word with decorations and the word "wedding" is kind of small! I know where your mind is at!!

Tore my calendar month off last night at home as well. Sometimes it is the 7th before I get around to doing that... but with my upcoming vacation I was definitely anxious to tear it off!

But like others have said..... as long as it was an occasional celebration-type splurge and not an ongoing habit, NBD! Celebrate, enjoy, and start freshly on plan the next meal!!!

Yay!!!

Just the fact that you stopped to add up the PPV after the fact shows that you didn't totally disregard your healthy plan! You had the opportunity to have the excuse of an full weekend of crazy eating and you didn't! Cut yourself some slack and start fresh for your WW week, the month, and your NEW YEAR!! Happy Birthday!

I am ready to report in my final weigh in. I always like to do it on the first day of the next month as it means that my new start and old end weight are the same. And this month it did pay off!! Yesterday I saw a number which I knew was a fluke. I could feel that my body was really bloated with lots of fluids for whatever reason, so I just disregarded that. And today at first I did not realize it because it was so fabulous: I managed to get down to my pre-vacation weight!!! Just on time!!

Wonderful!! And that is definitely worthy of a bunch of dancing bananas!! Here is a few more to join them.......:banana::banana::banana:

I KNEW yesterday was a fluke! I felt SO much better and less gross and bloated this morning when I woke up, and sure enough, I weighed at 202! Oh well. I used yesterday's weight as my starting number for October, so I'm already down 2lbs for the month!! :rotfl::banana:

Another fluke!! Wowza.... maybe it was the barometric pressure or something! Wow! What a positive note on which to start such an EXCITING MONTH for you!! Here's something to add to your celebration.......:dance3:

Hey friends! Just wanted the opportunity to close out September fairly caught up with the chatter! I'm off to answer the QOTD for the first day of October! See you all there!................P

PLEASE come chat with us in October. Remember.... the chatting and comradery is the IMPORTANT PART!! The goal setting is secondary! You still have plenty to contribute and certainly an opportunity to gain something just by joining the chatter!

YES, PLEASE COME CHAT @SarahDisney ! We would LOVE love love to have you join us again for October, no matter how infrequent. My "goal" this month is actually just maintenance - as long as I don't GAIN anything along the way, I'm good to go - so you definitely wouldn't be out of place in the least!

Love it..... but I chuckle at the fact that the honeymoon gets a big word with decorations and the word "wedding" is kind of small! I know where your mind is at!!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: DH2B pointed that out, too, when I did it (I go through the whole calendar at the beginning of the year and note everything I can think of/have planned at the time. That way when you turn the page, it's already full and colorful!) .... In my defense, I never once even kind of pretended like I wasn't more excited about the Disney trip than the honeymoon. ALSO, "honeymoon" has to take up the entire week, while "wedding" just has to take up one day, so naturally it would be written bigger. ;) Oh, well. It's ok. He has fully accepted the fact that while I love him, I love my dog more, and if I ever had to choose between the two, I would choose my dog in a heartbeat. :laughing:

@DisPup75
@JacknSally
@ANforever1030
@courtneybeth
@SarahDisney
@ThistleMae
@dsnyfn1022
@DVCFan1994
@lisah0711
@PTownGirls
@scdak
@Dentam
@CruisingKate
@pjlla
@KrisWitt
@tsme
@disneycheerleader
@Tara&Mike
@ohMom
@MouseketeerKelsey
@bigsis1970
@JerseyGirl
@webcreatrix
@Foxxysmrftt

September participants - If any of you haven't already, I'm hoping you will join us over on the October challenge thread, if for nothing else than conversation with friends! We would LOVE to have you!!! It is already off to a great start and I'm really hoping to see some fantastic stuff this month!

Woohoo!!! We are going to need a new color for all the people over 100%

I KNEW yesterday was a fluke! I felt SO much better and less gross and bloated this morning when I woke up, and sure enough, I weighed at 202! Oh well. I used yesterday's weight as my starting number for October, so I'm already down 2lbs for the month!! :rotfl::banana:

Yay!!

I've been searching through the thread and compiling the numbers and we have some BIG SUCCESS STORIES this month! Everyone gets a trophy bit @ANforever1030 , @ThistleMae , @lisah0711 , and @Flossbolna really showed September how it is done!

If I missed you please let me know and I will update the list!

@DisPup75 - 61.5%
@JacknSally - 26%
@ANforever1030 - 108%
@courtneybeth - 81.5%
@SarahDisney - 0%
@ThistleMae- 140%
@dsnyfn1022 - 55%
@DVCFan1994 - 50%

@lisah0711 - 120%
@PTownGirls - 90%
@scdak
@flossbolna - 121%
@Dentam - 67%
@CruisingKate - 80%
@pjlla - 70%
@KrisWitt
@tsme
@disneycheerleader
@Tara&Mike
@ohMom
@MouseketeerKelsey
@bigsis1970
@JerseyGirl - 60%
@webcreatrix
@Foxxysmrftt

Thank you all again for the great, great month! If you haven't already, please head over and join the October challenge thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!