Second guessing upgrading to Comfort Class on Delta

Heck, we flew 1st back from CA last December. I don't care what class you are on, a long flight is awful. I decided that no more straight flights for us when we fly to CA, or from ATL. I'll change somewhere else just to break up the time on the plane. Granted, can't do that to Hawaii beyond boarding in CA. LOL
I like that idea as well, but my husband, wants non stop. Angie, he was on a flight a year or two ago from Tampa that Delta should not have flown out in. They really thought they were going down because of the bad weather. He said he remembered being at the airport and seeing people coming in from flights that were crying, but he did not have enough experience to take note to the situation. I am worried to death about flying this far across country with turbulence, but there is nothing I can do. The only thing I am going to try to do is to book very early morning flights in hope that might help, but that could be point less too.

I like that idea as well, but my husband, wants non stop. Angie, he was on a flight a year or two ago from Tampa that Delta should not have flown out in. They really thought they were going down because of the bad weather. He said he remembered being at the airport and seeing people coming in from flights that were crying, but he did not have enough experience to take note to the situation. I am worried to death about flying this far across country with turbulence, but there is nothing I can do. The only thing I am going to try to do is to book very early morning flights in hope that might help, but that could be point less too.
Eh, not much you can do and time of day won't matter at all, sorry to say.
We've flown at all hours of the day and turbulence is impossible to guess. It's not always related to weather either. So it's not like avoiding afternoon storm time will make a difference. Remember though, airlines are not any happier about it than passengers. They'll (pilots that is) try to avoid it when they know it's there. I've had many get on and tell us we are doing X or Y to avoid reported turbulence. So they'll do what they can.

As to flying in bad weather you mention, that's not really up to Delta, just remember. The ATC have more of a say about when it's ok to take off, not the pilot of the plane.

Eh, not much you can do and time of day won't matter at all, sorry to say.
We've flown at all hours of the day and turbulence is impossible to guess. It's not always related to weather either. So it's not like avoiding afternoon storm time will make a difference. Remember though, airlines are not any happier about it than passengers. They'll (pilots that is) try to avoid it when they know it's there. I've had many get on and tell us we are doing X or Y to avoid reported turbulence. So they'll do what they can.

As to flying in bad weather you mention, that's not really up to Delta, just remember. The ATC have more of a say about when it's ok to take off, not the pilot of the plane.
I will say on my very first flight Delta came over the intercom and warned us it was going to be a bumpy flight. I was oh, crap. I think my husband just wanted to die. But when we got on, if I remember correctly, the pilots got permission to fly higher than normal and flew above the storm. Smooth sailing for the most part.

I much prefer comfort class + on delta. The more legroom, the getting off the plane quicker and the knowing there will be space for carryon available is worth it to me no matter what the flight time is.

I still prefer Southwest but if there isn't a direct flight on Southwest I will fly Delta. I much prefer a direct flight than one with a stop over.

That being said I did have a plane change for Delta the last time I flew them from MSP to ATL. It happened so late I didn't know about it.
They were overbooked on comfort class + and my daughter and I ended up in middle seats halfway back of the plane. I had booked comfort class when I booked the trip months and months in advance so I wasn't happy.
I called Delta to get a refund for the difference between the comfort class + seats that I'd paid for and the seats we ended up in.
They gave me the refund no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!