Secret Sister thread

Dorms are so much fun. I was part of the Dorm that won first place "BEST OVERALL DORM" at CKU New England. We also won a prize for the best song. I met everyone in my dorm on-line on a yahoo group and keep in touch with most of them still.

It was a wild and crazy experience that just cannot be described!

I cannot wait for CKU Boston...it is going to be right down the street from me...WOOHOO! I hope to be in a dorm with some of the same people!

OMGosh, I forgot to thank Janine on the SS thread for the thank gift. This lady is one great card maker. She made me a bunch of cards and got me a Sizzix die cut that I didn't have. She is awesome card maker. Maybe one day I'll be as good as her. She also made me a Disneyland tag set plus a Mickey MOuse border set. Plus, she bought me adhesive which I am always running out of. Thanks so much for being so thoughtful. Did I tell you that she makes wonderful cards?

Tina

Originally posted by pattyT
well what do you all think...

I hate to see people get plain old left out in the cold, and I know that Life gets in the way sometimes for all of us so it gets tough -

I was thinking I would like to reorganize -something- for the whole group - but something a lot simpler and less expensive...

anyone have any ideas?
maybe a 'handmade' only ss swap where you make things for your ss! or a $5 limit

Patty that sounds like a wonderful idea. I'd like to spend more time being creative with the stuff I own instead of buying and buying and buying and buying.... Sometimes I wonder if my hobby is scrapbooking or buying...

Tina

OurDogCisco- Gee golly, you're too kind. I'm speechless, not really. Glad you enjoyed the cards. The best part of it, I so enjoy making them and then sharing them. Glad you didn't have the tag combo yet. I love using the tag dies.

pattyT- I would love to be in a inexpensive, handmade Secret Sister swap since mees broke after xmas. Plus like I've read on many posts, I've got way too much stuff too. Need to use it more. Go for it, you're a GREAT organizer.
Thanks again for doing the last one!!!!!

I will never say I have too much. That would be considered a first step, right?
I would LOVE be get in on another SS swap.
Count me in!

I would be interested in a lower cost swap- maybe a handmade border or two?

I was thinking I could make a list of items:

Every month I will announce a new theme - and you pick 3 things from the list to make!
Kinda like a mini-page kit

Sounds like fun, but I think I will pass this time Patty.

Cyndi princess:

I was secret sister to Tina (Our Dog Cisco). It was such fun!!! I think we like alot of scrapbooking things...it was hard not to buy one for Tina, two for me!

Anyway...now that I am back from vacation...I have received my wonderful Thank You gift!!! We definitely think alot alike. She sent some wonderful pink ribbon, a package of NRN paper (one of my favorite companies - and my LSS doesn't carry NRN),some wonderful All the reasons why rub on words, about pets...that I have been meaning to try, and two packages of creative imaginations bits and baubles alphabets...Christmas lights and valentine hearts. I love these!! And would always be too cheap to buy them for myself (lol). Best of all were two cards she made herself...in my favorite blue shades of Bazzill paper. I wil have to find the perfect pages to use them on...to hide my sappy journaling in. They are wonderfull...and so creative!

I hope you enjoyed your gifts as much as I did buying them!

Patti

Robin, I received my thank you package yesterday. I loved it! The luggage tag immediately went onto my crop in style. The valentine shaker box is really cute too, can't wait to use it this year. And the Christmas items, they are great! I will definately be using those. Thanks again, it was so fun buying for you!
Pam

I'm so glad you liked it. I just knew the Christmas pieces would find a good home with you. I loved them but living in Texas where we barely have a winter - much less a white one - and the fact that I don't celebrate Christmas, they would have just wasted away here without being used.

Patti, I'm glad that you liked everything. I hope you can use all the stuff I got you. I sent you my first cards I have ever made. I just started card making about 3 months ago. I am glad you liked them. And, thank you for being such a great pal you gave me a lot of stuff that I can't wait to use. I'll never forget the scrapbook album. I can't wait to take the cruise so, I can add pictures to that album. Thanks again!

Tina

Kelli, thank you so much. I got your package today . Love the eyelets . Thank you so much. And the tags are soo cute. Did you make them ? But the punch is awesome. Disney seems to be finally getting it. Thank you so much. It was a blessing having such a special person to shop for.

Cyndi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!