Security bag check warning items

I find it random. I can walk through 9 scanners with the exact same things on my bag and make it through and the 10th I'll get flagged.
i totally agree
just back from 8 days at the parks
same backpack same contents
had to go to bag check 5 days out of 8
process was different at each park

The weird security line when we were there was EPCOT. All the other parks did secondary screening in a line - first there, first checked. EPCOT looked at the screen then pulled people out of the group for screening. I hoped they fixed that because it was pretty frustrating sitting and waiting while they screened people who hadn't been there nearly as long. Yeah, I know, just don't get pulled out for secondary screening. DW got zinged for her glasses case almost every time. I got pulled out for an umbrella I did not know had been switched to the bag I was carrying. Next time I'm putting all the nefarious items in a clear bag and pulling that out of the backpack as we go through screening.

My albuterol inhaler this past trip set it off! Granted ive carried the same inhaler in the last without any issues but this time it kept setting it off. Once we figured that out, i carried it out in front of me! Viola! No more security stop!

I've never had my glasses themselves flagged but they are always on my face or hanging around my neck so it might why. I've never been flagged but I always just pull my phone and charger out and hold them in one hand and my water bottle in the other, in front of me. If I have an umbrella, I'll hold it out as well. My son kept getting flagged and couldn't figure out why, one security guy told him it was his umbrella(s) which was in the backpack. They have a toddler in a stroller so now he just puts the umbrella(s) under the stroller and has no problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter