Security lines

krusty007

Mouseketeer
We’re going to DLR thr week of October 15th! I’m hearing horror stories of crazy security lines on the Harbor side. We also go first thing in the morning, for rope drop or soon after, and head back to our rooms in the afternoon for a rest. I’m concerned that the wait to come back through security will be crazy, especially on the Halloween Party nights.

Are there any suggestions to timing security lines?

Last edited:
The first thing people will need to know to help is which lines? Harbor line? (There are 4 I believe: Harbor, GCH, DLH/PPH/Dtd, DtD). The one with backup issues tends to be Harbor.

I went right at opening on Saturday and Monday this past weekend- through Harbor security and park gate in @10 minutes.

Most of the time, the security lines are fine. We use Harbor security at least weekly, at varied times of day and days of the week, and I'd say we wait an average of 5-10 minutes. Sometimes there's no wait at all (especially mid-day). You're right that there are times that the lines are "horror-story worthy," but that's not the norm, and it's not terribly predictable since it often depends on a mixture of crowds and staffing.

Now, party days (particularly Fridays) can have a long wait. Last Friday we left at about 4:45 and the Harbor security lines were pretty terrible (stretched back most of the way to Harbor). I'd get back into the parks at least 30 minutes before the party tickets start to avoid a mess there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter