dinanicj

Earning My Ears
Hi, my family is going on the 4 night Bahamas cruise in April. We will be 2 adults and 2 older kids (11 and 17) and looking for a quiet / relaxing beach day when in Nassau -- needs are a quiet, really good beach (with pristine, swimmable water), beach chairs and decent food. Looking at the Hilton vs. Breezes - but open to other options. Do you have recommendations? Thanks!

Last edited:
We did the Melia with our DD15 a couple of years ago and it was nice. Food was a little expensive as I remember. I booked a room at the BahaMar for late Feb to see how that goes. The pools look amazing.

We are doing the Hilton in a couple weeks. It's gotten really good reviews as a day pass stop. Never looks too crowded in the candid pics. ALS like that it's w/in walking distance so if we don't like it, just go back to ship.

We did the Melia with our DD15 a couple of years ago and it was nice. Food was a little expensive as I remember. I booked a room at the BahaMar for late Feb to see how that goes. The pools look amazing.
Thank you! I saw some reviews that people had troubles getting lounge chairs at the Melia - was that your impression? If you think of it I'd love to hear about the BahaMar! Thanks again.

We are doing the Hilton in a couple weeks. It's gotten really good reviews as a day pass stop. Never looks too crowded in the candid pics. ALS like that it's w/in walking distance so if we don't like it, just go back to ship.
Thank you!!! The Hilton is my top pick at this point!

we did the hilton day passes last Jan with our 3 kids (9, 4, 7) and it was great. Easy walk, easy check in, and the beach was nearly empty. We had the pool to ourselves for most of the morning too. We had a great view of the Dream from our beach which was cute. Food was decent, not Remy status, but we all enjoyed it. Bathrooms seemed clean too.

We did the Hilton a few years ago and it was great. Not crowded at the beach or pool and food was good and easy walk from the port.

we did the hilton day passes last Jan with our 3 kids (9, 4, 7) and it was great. Easy walk, easy check in, and the beach was nearly empty. We had the pool to ourselves for most of the morning too. We had a great view of the Dream from our beach which was cute. Food was decent, not Remy status, but we all enjoyed it. Bathrooms seemed clean too.
Thank you so much -- Hilton seems to be the way to go!!

Agree with the Hilton. Short walk from the cruise port. Not that many people, so it feels like a semi-private beach. Food is fine - it's about what I expect from a hotel - but it can take a while to come, so order early.

Thanks everybody! For the Hilton - is it best to reserve the passes ahead of time or can I just show up and do it? Thanks again!

I would book in advance. From what I can see the Hilton website lists the day pass at $100, whereas I see it going for about $80 on other websites.

I have friends that went to the Hilton and thoroughly enjoyed their trip there. They took their 7 year old twins at the time who also had a blast.

We did the Hilton daypass in June 2017 when we sailed on the Allure of the Seas and enjoyed it. It wasn't crowded at all. I agree about the statement regarding the food. It took a while to get our food after placing our orders.

What agency did you book the Hilton day pass through? Thanks!
I used a site called bahamas cruise excursions. Kind of a no frills website but very good with communication when I emailed with questions. This was actually the first non-cruise line excursion I'd ever booked, so I was understandably a bit nervous about it.

Price was in line with other sites (at the time it was $60/adult), but they have a non-refundable deposit policy (exceptions - the ship not going to the port or the excursion gets cancelled). Because of this If I were to do this again I'd probably go through another operator with a more lenient cancellation policy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter