Seine River Cruise Meets Thread

sayhello

Have Camera, Will Travel
I realized I never created this! Here is the Meets Thread for the new ABD Seine River Cruises! Post here to talk & share about this trip and hopefully connect with other DISers on the same departure.

Thanks for creating this thread, Sayhello!

We’re going on this trip August 2019. It’ll be me, DH, and DD10. She’s “always wanted to see the Eiffel Tower” and when this trip popped up last year it was perfect.

Hope to “meet” some of our fellow adventurers!

Looking forward to our 1st River Cruise in June 2019 on the Seine! (Dad, Mom, 14 almost 15 year old daughter, and Grandmother)

Hi! We are on the Seine river cruise that departs on October 8th! It will be my husband and I celebrating our 30th anniversary. First river cruise and first ABD. Can't wait!!

Thanks for creating this thread, Sayhello!

We’re going on this trip August 2019. It’ll be me, DH, and DD10. She’s “always wanted to see the Eiffel Tower” and when this trip popped up last year it was perfect.

Hope to “meet” some of our fellow adventurers!
We are going Aug 6th too. My daughters will be almost 8 and almost 10

Seine River Sept 10, 2020 for us. This will be our third ABD River Cruise!!

Welcome. I’m sure you will enjoy! Now to get a few things out there. We have been on 8 ABD trips and have always purchased the transfers from the airport to hotel. Not once have they been there to retrieve us after our flight. We have always given the flight info and are left standing on the street each time when we call the emergency phone they have had us on hold for more than an hour while they try to figure out what went wrong. I ask them to please just get someone there and they end up telling us to take a taxi. The beginning of this trip has not started well as they are saying we didn’t purchase transfers. We did and had to contact our travel agent since they will not talk with you if booked through an agent. The transfers have been cleared up so far but we will see when we get there.

In Europe I see " Tour Guides " holding large name cards as you Leave the baggage collection area and

enter the Main Concourse & before Kerbside

Welcome. I’m sure you will enjoy! Now to get a few things out there. We have been on 8 ABD trips and have always purchased the transfers from the airport to hotel. Not once have they been there to retrieve us after our flight. We have always given the flight info and are left standing on the street each time when we call the emergency phone they have had us on hold for more than an hour while they try to figure out what went wrong. I ask them to please just get someone there and they end up telling us to take a taxi. The beginning of this trip has not started well as they are saying we didn’t purchase transfers. We did and had to contact our travel agent since they will not talk with you if booked through an agent. The transfers have been cleared up so far but we will see when we get there.
That is insane! 8 times and no-one met you? Does ABD have an explanation for that?? For one thing, you don't have to "purchase" the transfers, they are included with your ABD. I've done 11 ABD's and I've never had them not standing there outside of customs, waiting for me, except for the one time my luggage got lost by the airline, and it took me SO LONG to report it, that the representative had taken the other family out to the driver, and then came back for me, and took me to a taxi. That wasn't their fault. I would have a serious conversation with your TA as to what it is they're arranging for you and what details they are giving ABD.

Sayhello

That is insane! 8 times and no-one met you? Does ABD have an explanation for that?? For one thing, you don't have to "purchase" the transfers, they are included with your ABD. I've done 11 ABD's and I've never had them not standing there outside of customs, waiting for me, except for the one time my luggage got lost by the airline, and it took me SO LONG to report it, that the representative had taken the other family out to the driver, and then came back for me, and took me to a taxi. That wasn't their fault. I would have a serious conversation with your TA as to what it is they're arranging for you and what details they are giving ABD.

I've only done one ABD but I also didn't pay anything extra for a transfer to the hotel. When we landed in Hungary there was a person with a sign waiting for us outside customs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!