selecting curtains

iNTeNSeBLue98

DIS Veteran
I have drapes with this same plaid on the wide picture window in my living room. I am considering buying the same plaid in tiers for two adjoining rooms that have open views to the living room.

036196451913.jpg

There is one window in the kitchen and two windows in the "family room". I'm wondering if putting the same fabric on all of these windows would be overkill. I can get a great deal on the tiers right now, but it won't be so great if I've overdone the look.

Actually it depends....How big is the area you're talking about? Alot of plaid (or any print) would overwhelm a small area. Another thing to consider is do you have this same print elsewhere in the area--ie. throw pillows, etc.

Do you really, really like this plaid or is it just a good deal? Something that is just ok will standout too much when there's more and more of it.

Have you considered either pulling out one of the solids in the plaid or a different print like a floral or abstract or dotted that has the same colors represented as an accent to the plaid?

Good luck!:thumbsup2

Maybe a visual will help. The folks on the Community Board unanimously think that it would be too much plaid, and I think I might be agreeing with them.

The first two images are along the front wall of the house. The front door and an open staircase (across from the entry) between them.

living room
family room

This view is opposite the living room. There is a partial wall, about 4 feet high, between the two rooms.
kitchen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter