Self care before vacation?

Make sure bed is made up with fresh sheets and house is clean.
Usually buy one Disney shirt before the trip (Kohl's and Target have great ones:)
I get my hair cut before going to Florida, just easier to take care of
I get into a walking routine about 2 months before the trip, so I won't fall over in the parks, LOL, from all the walking.
that's it:)

Make sure bed is made up with fresh sheets and house is clean.
Usually buy one Disney shirt before the trip (Kohl's and Target have great ones:)
I get my hair cut before going to Florida, just easier to take care of
I get into a walking routine about 2 months before the trip, so I won't fall over in the parks, LOL, from all the walking.
that's it:)
All these haircuts before holiday reminded me that more than once we’ve gotten haircuts at Disney. One year on a couples only weekend, dh and I hit the Ivy Trellis at Grand Floridian for cuts. DS has had at least three haircuts at the Main Street Barbershop and my youngest daughter got her hair cut at Ivy Trellis back in October. I guess I really have a hard time getting out the door!

I save my Mani/Pedicures for Senses Spa at the Grand Floridian :thumbsup2. DH wanders takes his mug and finds a place to read or does a monorail loop then we meet up and go to lunch.

Add me to the list of people who cringe at the term...

I don’t specifically get a haircut, shave, etc. unless it’s something that had to be done anyway.

Same goes for clothes, if I need something for the trip like a hat I’ll buy one, but I don’t buy special outfits just for vacation. I’m kind of minimalist when it comes to clothes, I used to own way more than I, actually, wore.

I always make sure my toe nails are painted and in good condition before a trip. I’m not a fan of getting my nails done. I’ve had a manicure twice and I’ve never had a pedicure. The possibility of infection sucks the fun out of it for me and all those chemicals smell terrible. Ever since I’ve had my son I can’t get my finger nails to stay pretty long enough to make it worth it (hand washing), so one day when I’m living a diaper free life, I’ll probably start painting them again, for now I just make sure they look nice enough.

I try to leave things tidy before we go. It’s nice to come back to a house that you can just pick right back up with as opposed to no clothes to wear, etc.

Hair, nails, pedi, waxing about a week before.
One time I got my upper lip waxed right before the trip (first and last I just tweeze now) and I was red for a couple of days on c
vacation. Not a good look

And I make sure house is clean , no dirty laundry or dirty dishes.

I go get waxed and usually do my own home mani & pedi. Jus this past trip, I found a gift card for a place I don't normally go to and sent DH with DD to get hers done this trip, her first done by pros vs mum doing them. I think she enjoyed it as she keeps asking when she can do it again.

I always think those subtle nail nods to Disney are so cute, but I'm too chicken to do it.

Oh, do it!! They are so cute!

I do my own nails - but for years, vacation was about the only time I did. :laughing: Like someone else said, too much hand-washing during the little-kid stage (and very few uninterrupted stretches of time when nail polish would actually dry!!) I got a lot of compliments the year I did red with white dots for the "Minnie" look.

As for my answer to the original question: not that much. I make sure to shave my legs the day before we leave (especially if we're going someplace warm in the winter and I've been neglecting them here) and I sometimes buy a new "dressier" top or two. My hair is medium length, so I only need to get it cut if I'm due for a trim anyway, and waxing is not my thing.

I don't go overboard on the house, either. I toss or give away food that will spoil, and make sure the toilets are good, but I just don't have time for "spring cleaning" level stuff when I'm already packing, arranging the cats' care, painting magic bands, etc.

Like a lot of you, my self care is deep cleaning the house. I as well want to come home to a super clean house.

I go every 5 weeks for hair so I just make sure that week doesn't fall when on vacay or I make my appt a week sooner. I never both with nails. Sometimes clear polish. But nails regardless if I do or the salon, they chip after a few days. I can't stand any chips so the last thing I want is to worry about chipped polish on vacay and having to fix at night (if I did myself). Or even worse, having the salon do it then I don't have the bottle.

I used to get a manicure and pedicure back before I had kids. Now I’m so frazzled before vacations as a full time working mom of 3 that my “me time” is packing my suitcase.

I'm fine with the term "self care," because that's exactly what it is. We lose ourselves to errands and work and parenting and we overlook ourselves. I make a point not to do that anymore.

And thanks to this thread I made my hair and brow appointments for the week before our trip. :)

I'm going for a mani/pedi tomorrow night in advance of my DD's college graduation and our vacation to England next week.

Leaving DH and DS at home, so I expect that my house will be clean when I get home. (My DS will do it to make me happy when I come home.)

Leaving DH and DS at home, so I expect that my house will be clean when I get home. (My DS will do it to make me happy when I come home.)
That's my issue these days. My adult daughters still live at home. and don't travel with me (very often). So I make sure everything is cleaned up before I leave and cross my fingers that it still is when I get home

That's my issue these days. My adult daughters still live at home. and don't travel with me (very often). So I make sure everything is cleaned up before I leave and cross my fingers that it still is when I get home
My kids are 23 and 24. They help me all the time around the house (I'm very lucky) and when I'm away, they make a concerted effort to make sure things are clean for when I get home. They probably start cleaning only a couple hours before I get home, but they put in a good effort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter