Self Driving to Races

BrerNashville

DIS Veteran
We are staying in the Bonnet Creek area and driving ourselves to the 10k and 1/2. What time is recommended to leave, given potential road closures? [4:00, which is when they say to be on the buses? earlier?] What would be the best route to epcot? We are in D/K corrals, so we've got some time after 5:30 even.

Thanks!

We are staying in the Bonnet Creek area and driving ourselves to the 10k and 1/2. What time is recommended to leave, given potential road closures? [4:00, which is when they say to be on the buses? earlier?] What would be the best route to epcot? We are in D/K corrals, so we've got some time after 5:30 even.

Thanks!

Which race? You need to factor in the 1 mile walk to the half corrals, and also the significant amount of traffic most race mornings. The times I've driven my rental car from on-property hotels to the race, I've been in my car pulling out of the hotel parking lot by 3:30am.

Thanks!
Stayed at BC in January for the Dopey. We left between 3:50 - 4:10 each day and had no problems. We had to wait at least 30 minutes before they asked folks to head over to the corrals every morning. We could have left at least 30 minutes later, but I preferred to get there and wait in the car than risk traffic.

This is my first race and I was trying to stay on site, as I was worried about the drive in. I had booked 4 days before at BC, with plans to move to a Disney resort mid week. As it turns out, it's so hard to find a DVC resort that's close to MK or Epcot. Now, I have to try to book extra days at BC.

Hope that the drive isn't going to be a problem, as you've said. I'm worried as I've never done the race, so I'm new to everything. How much before race start time do you need to be there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter