Self-Quarantine..?

Goofy41

Goofy-Dad
After I booked our Sept. DVC vacation and flights from NJ. I saw something regarding when entering Fla, you must self-quarantine for 14 days. Is there any truth to this and if so should I cancel....?

Yes, this has been in place awhile now. Flights from NY, NJ, and CT, and Louisiana, are subject to 14 day quarantine. There is rumor that Gov DeSantis will remove the quarantine on July 7th. I wouldn't count on it, cases and hospitalizations are increasing in Orange County.

Then why would Disney/Airlines let you make a reservations if you're from these states, knowing you have to self-quarantine.

True, but should this be asked if your coming more then 14 days. I made a ressie for 5 nites.

Then why would Disney/Airlines let you make a reservations if you're from these states, knowing you have to self-quarantine.
You are expected to quarantine for 14 days before then going on Disney Property. THEN if you are from NY, CT, or NJ you are expected to quarantine for 14 days when flying back into one of those states. Most people certainly don't have the time or the money to self quarantine for that amount of time.

Disney doesn't really know if you are just coming i or have been in the area visiting friends for a few weeks before coming.

The airline will tell you about the quarantine when you get on and some people may be able to do it so not for them to deny you a spot on the plane.

Right now though I'd be more concerned about the quarantine gooing back to NY. FL may remove theirs before your trip but the one back to NY/NJ will likely still be in place.

We are also from NJ, and had a trip scheduled for August. It looks like FL wants a 14 day quarantine when you arrive from NJ, and NJ wants a 14 day quarantine when you get home from FL. Who knows what will happen by then, or how it will be enforced, but it was the deciding factor in us cancelling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!