Sell Me on the Treehouse Villas

tigergrad

DIS Veteran
Planning a trip for mid May this year. We have stayed at all resorts except SSR and BLT. Me, DH (both in our 50s),DD and DSiL (30s) DGS (8) and DGS (2). Maybe DS and DGF(college age). Thinking about Treehouse Villas. Any feedback is appreciated.

Remote, quiet, have to bus to SSR to go anywhere, can have bugs, it's built on a wetland.

:earsboy: Bill

Request a THV in the south end. When you need a bus, don't take the inter-resort transfer, but walk across the golf course to the SSR Grandstand area and pick up a real bus. This will save you hours during a trip.

Love the THV's, but they aren't for everyone. It is remote. Lots of people don't like them. The bunkbeds are small (good for kids though). Parking can be difficult (1 car per villa and it isn't enforced), boat whistles are loud if you're by the dock, don't have access to refreshments (including drink refills), etc....

With all that said, we love the THV's. We love the quiet pool. You'll probably be the only people swimming at the time since it is dedicated to THV's and there are so few. The layout works well. We had 9 people over NYE. It was packed, but would be in any 2 bedroom. The third bedroom for the kids was great. It feels like camping, but you get a bed. You get your own building so you won't be dealing with neighbors. The WiFi was surprisingly good too. The boat takes you right to Disney Springs, so that opens you up to a ton of options for dining.

I'd take a look at pictures and maps online. If it sounds interesting, I'd try it out. If it doesn't look appealing, then go somewhere else....

I prefer OKW 2 BR, more room, less points, not as remote, allowed to have more than 1 car, direct bus service to all the parks.

No king bed, just two queen beds (one in each bedroom), a set of bunk beds in the third bedroom and the queen sleeper sofa and twin sized sleeper chair in the living room. Only two bathrooms. You'll need to figure out the sleeping spots for everyone.

Quiet, peaceful and has a cute little pool in that section too. Decor is very pretty - it's kind of like super duper glamping! You'll have your own BBQ grill at the base of your stairs and a great deck with table and chairs - although I do recall only 4 chairs - maybe there was a built in bench too. It's nice! When we have the right group and right trip I'd like to stay there again.

It is great for two couples and younger kids with the 3 bedrooms. There is a lot of space indoor and outdoor. I don't know if it would have enough privacy for 3 couples though.

We stayed in June 2012. Never had any problems with bugs, rarely heard any horns from boats, and no problem getting two parking spots. Rule is one car per TH and any others have to be parked at main SSR. However, I would estimate that only 50% of the parking spots were occupied (at most). We had the only two cars parked in the spots in our group of TH's. Everything else around us was empty. We asked for a TH close to the Grandstand so we could avoid TH buses. The walk was less than 5 minutes. The walk to the main pool at SSR wasn't very far either. The key is to get a TH near the Grandstand side walkway. The TH's were still relatively new in 2012 and I had very few complaints about them at the time.

Thanks so much for the responses. We have booked a treehouse Villa for May 5-12. Requested near Grandstand walkway. Thanks for all the input.

Loved it for a no-parks stay. Would only stay there with a car and with 6 people or less.

Stayed in them before they were SSR... in 1985! As a kid, I remember them being TONS of fun, and great to have so much space. My parents were apparently the ultimate Disney people - we did a split stay between Poly & the Treehouses! Some day I want to do the same with my family. There were wild peacocks that came up on the 2nd floor deck - and my dad decided to feed them. Don't feed the peacocks, they bite! Ok, so nothing useful but a great memory!

Stayed in them before they were SSR... in 1985! As a kid, I remember them being TONS of fun, and great to have so much space. My parents were apparently the ultimate Disney people - we did a split stay between Poly & the Treehouses! Some day I want to do the same with my family. There were wild peacocks that came up on the 2nd floor deck - and my dad decided to feed them. Don't feed the peacocks, they bite! Ok, so nothing useful but a great memory!
The ones there now are not the same. They replaced the old with new treehouses.

Stayed there in June 2014 - 4 adults, 3 teen boys, 1 10 y/o girl at the time. It was perfect for us, because if the boys got loud I didn’t have to worry about bothering neighbors. We were down by the bus stop, and could easily walk to the Carriage House in 5-10 minutes (depending on how much the kids were straggling). Had the 2 long-but-lean boys in bunks, the tallest boy had the sleeper sofa, and the 10 year old fit perfectly in the sleeper chair. The kitchen set up was nice as well.

Does anyone know what toiletries are in the Treehouse villas? Is it the basic H2O or the higher end- like the Poly DVC?

We just returned from a stay in the THV over NYE. It was myself and DH, and 4 teenagers (19 yo son, 17 yo daughter, 17 yo girl, 17 yo boy). It was plenty of room for all 6 of us. The boys shared the bunk room (19 and 17 yo), and they were fine in there, other than the bunk squeaked every time they rolled over. My son is 6'2" and said the size was a tad short, but he sleeps on his side with his legs bent anyway, so it was fine. Other boy is 5'9 and 175. No issues with secure-ness of the bunks for them.

We were in Villa 7056 which backed up to the pool area....which no one used because it was in the 50s the whole time. But we were a short distance from a bus stop, the boat/ferry stop to Disney Springs and both walkways to the main Carriage House. Each walk was about 10 min. We took the boat a fair amount, but I don't think the boats run there on a regular basis...only when other boats drive by and radio one to come. Either way, we had better luck with boats than with buses. We ubered a decent amount (probably more so than any other transportation method), which we had never done before. But if you were in a time crunch (say, for a dinner reservation), it was the thing to do.

We liked the accommodations, but weren't crazy about the transportation situation. Then again, it was the busiest time of the year for WDW. If you have people with you who are orthopedically challenged, this is not the accommodation for you. It is remote and a lot of walking. On the flip side, you don't have people walking in the room above you or making noise in the room next door. It is peaceful and quiet.

ETA: The toiletries were the same as the other resorts. I think they've all gone to H2O stuff at this point, from what I've read.

Here's a few pics:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter