selling DVC contract with transferred in points from other membership

lovin'fl

DIS Veteran
I have 2 memberships/UY. I transferred points from one to other and made a 1 night resie with them (had other resie for multiple nights but cancelled and made this one night resie recently). If I were to sell the contract the points transferred into (one of 2 contracts in that membership) would the resie cancel? If the membership stays open with 1 contract still there, then do the transfer points stay?

Last edited:
Points are transferred into a membership, not a contract. So, if the membership you transferred your points into has more than one contract and you are only selling one of them the points will still be there.

If you have used any points for the contract you want to sell for the membership, then it has to be canceled in order to sell.

Points are transferred into a membership, not a contract. So, if the membership you transferred your points into has more than one contract and you are only selling one of them the points will still be there.

If you have used any points for the contract you want to sell for the membership, then it has to be canceled in order to sell.
I thought this too but in looking at the complete activity statement under points on member website it showed they were transferred into a specific contract. On the side where the points originally were. Doesn't show at all on the side (in the membership) I transferred them to. And we did 3 transfers, with one showing it went into a contract we sold a couple months back. And they didn't cancel the reservation then so I suppose they won't now. The other 2 transfers were 2 points each time and they went into, according to activity statement for contract we transferred from, the contract I want to sell. So seems like I can. I have no other resies with that contract. And it has all 2020 points forward. I guess same would apply if we did a free gift of contract to a family member??

I wonder if it is just a place holder for the points? From what I understand as long as you will still have a contract in the membership, you should be all set.

In terms of a transfer to of the contract to family, I just checked into this today’s and I believe the reservations will stay if you add a family member to contracts...what I am doing..since I am staying on the contract,

But, I definitely think you are fine since you will still have a contract to keep the points in that you transferred.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter